Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 goalieump413 @ 05/19/11 12:16 PM
...I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that this game is brought to you by... NCAA11 recycled introduction audio...

Coke Zero twice, recycled dialogue? If this is the only thing about the game that I don't care about, then I'm stoked. But yes, I'm going to "A" my way through all this hard work.

# 22 DorianDonP @ 05/19/11 12:24 PM
I said it in my last comment on a team intro, but yes, they need to add some more commentary while the team is coming out because the dead air is really boring. Also, there is no need to have 3-5 seconds of the "NCAA 2012" logo before the graphics start, I mean what is the point of that?

It's a good foundation. I would hope the dev could see that the idea behind these are great. But they are still missing fundamental touches that make them worthwhile. Do they just wanna tout a "new" presentation feature to help sell the game? Then this is fine. But if it really is a goal to capture a broadcast atmosphere of a game for presentation, then they need to add more true to life camera views for the team introduction and have dynamic commentary going WHILE the team introductions are taking place.

I'm hoping they do a complete overhaul of commentary for 2013. If they did, they could also add lineup introductions on a teams first series (player portrait, size and weight, class, hometown, etc). Presentation is BOTH audio and visual. As of now, they have only addressed the visual. "Here come team so and so" is the only words spoken during this introduction and that's not simulation broadcast.

Still. This IS a great start.

# 23 gator3guy @ 05/19/11 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
What info do we get on May 23rd?
The world ended

# 24 canes21 @ 05/19/11 12:26 PM
Looked pretty good, but still isn't like the real thing and there is way too much dead silence.

# 25 illwill10 @ 05/19/11 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Looked pretty good, but still isn't like the real thing and there is way too much dead silence.
I think the dead silence is for Custom Entrance Sound.

# 26 DorianDonP @ 05/19/11 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think the dead silence is for Custom Entrance Sound.
That isn't a good reason for the commentary being non-existent during team intro. There can be entrance sound as well as commentary going on. That is how it is during real games. And for those that don't want any commentary, they can turn it off. More people will play the game without custom entrance music than people who will use the feature, so that doesn't explain away why there is dead silence. IMO, it's because they simply haven't touched commentary, so they don't have any audio drops to put during the intros.

# 27 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/19/11 12:41 PM
I would have liked if they added new and different commentary to the intros. Those lines are the exact some ones from NCAA 11 and NCAA 10, maybe even before that.

This is a rivarly game is it not ?

So therefore I would have expected a little more excitement over it, with them hyping it up more. The tone in the voice is too flat for my liking. Just makes it sound like a regular game and not a rivarly game.

# 28 illwill10 @ 05/19/11 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I would have liked if they added new and different commentary to the intros. Those lines are the exact some ones from NCAA 11 and NCAA 10, maybe even before that.

So therefore I would have expected a little more excitement over it, with them hyping it up more. The tone in the voice is too flat for my liking. Just makes it sound like a regular game and not a rivarly game.
I agree
I doubt there were any changes to commentary besides a few new lines. It will definitely kill the atmosphere . With all the improvements to Presentation I would believe that commentary would be the top priority ,maybe nex year.

# 29 canes21 @ 05/19/11 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

When recording lines they need the guys in the studio to try and talk over something there in order to represent them trying to let us hear them over the crowd, bands, etc.

Commentary has some good lines, but they don't flow, have no emotion at all, have way too much dead silence, and are literally play by play, which is not good.

# 30 canes21 @ 05/19/11 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
#1 thing needed for NCAA 13, this should be at the top of every wishlist out there before coaching carosuel, stadium editor or anything else... NEW COMMENTARY!!!!! Get some new broadcast teams, have an ESPN team, ESPN2 team, ABC team and CBS team or at least a National TV and Local TV team and update the commentary. I dont mean just adding a few new lines, i'm talking dynamic commentary. The commentary for years now has been stale and recycled, fixing the commentary will add a whole new feel.
Coaching carousel after commentary? No thank you, but we don't really have to worry about that as two separate teams handle both of those.

As for them needing new teams, they don't. MLB 2k11 and NBA 2k11 both great commentary with only one team. Its how EA handles the writing for commentary and puts it in game is what makes it so bad.

# 31 BallinVol @ 05/19/11 01:04 PM
This game doesn't just need new commentary, but DYNAMIC commentary ala NBA 2K11, but I don't need to mention that honestly, we all know that. With Dynamic commentary added, the replay factor goes up and games won't feel exactly the same. Just as in NBA 2k11, if I break a big run or have a huge hit on defense, I want the commentators to break away from what they were discussing and have some excitement when things like this happen. I want to feel like they are actually watching the game instead of sounding so scripted. I think this, along with more gameplay enhancements, needs to be their focal point for NCAA 13. If they had dynamic commentary along with additional gameplay enhancements ( and along with what we will probably see this year: Coaching Carousel, etc.) then I will more than get my 60+ bucks worth in game play. I think my social life would become non-existant!

# 32 zanner @ 05/19/11 01:10 PM
Wow, these will get old fast - What's the difference between this and any other year... Watch a couple of animals or cars come on to the field. That's real exciting especially with the commentators making it sound like a DIV II matchup..

Visually impressively though. I just think they need to move away from this aspect of the game because as another poster said, we'll be dulled by these before the video game releases.

Go Madden's route, get into long specifics in improvements of Dynasty mode. And things like that... Entrance videos are starting to bore us... Wait scratch that.. The BUILDUP and COMMENTARY is boring.

# 33 jagsrock95 @ 05/19/11 01:11 PM
dynamic commentary would be awesome. ALso why can't they just patch in new audio. NBA 2k series updates commentary after realife events. if they are really reading these forums and care they would fix it and patch it into the game right?

# 34 JMUfootball @ 05/19/11 01:11 PM
OK, I think I've seen enough Intro and "look at the dreadlocks!" videos. I'd like to hear about some Franchise/RTG improvements now. I know the official date is the 23rd, but there have been no rumors even that anything substantial is in the works.

It would be one thing to make the Presentation a large focus if they actually improved upon it. But the Presentation/Commentary is almost the same as last year, with only the most minor superficial improvements that have been hammered into us day after day so far. On the whole, it's basically the same thing:

-We still get the tunnel entrance with the exact same player voices, and still the goofy peed my pants dance at the center of the field
-Bands spelling out "U.S.A". W.T.F. again?
-Same mix of about only 10 awkward looking up close fans who are recycled for every game, with even the same unfunny sign.
-Crowd noise still has audible shrill female voices and screams. In real life you never hear distinct female voices in a loud stadium of anywhere over 20,000 or so - they get drowned out by deeper voices.

We haven't heard it yet ingame, but I'm betting the bands also play Long Way to Tippecary and other songs that real college bands stopped playing in the 1940's. I understand there are licensing issues but at least make the songs sound contemporary - because during real games they always are.

Overall, a presentation overhaul would be worth talking about for as long as they have, but what they've shown us is far from it. I'm really hoping for severe offline Franchise improvements because otherwise it's looking like a strong Madden year, for me at least.

# 35 SteelerSpartan @ 05/19/11 01:13 PM
In Dynasty Games

Id like to see them talk about how each teams doing leading into the game...like go over

- Big Injuries
- Record
- What the team can gain if they win....maybe whoever wins has a clear shot at a BCS or NT Game

# 36 BallinVol @ 05/19/11 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
exactly, i love in NBA 2k when they are talking about something and then i have a big dunk or big shot and they stop what they were talking about to comment on what just happened. It'd also be nice if they would talk about the schools more during the game. In NBA 2k they talk about where the team was last year and what their future holds, in NCAA Football itd be nice if they talked about something like "These 2 teams played a close overtime thriller in 2007 or after not making a bowl game the last few years they finally seem to be making strides" or something in those reguards.
I can second that about having in-depth commentary in Dynasty Mode. For them to keep record of past games and mention them in the future games would be huge for Dynasty Mode. Who knows, there could have been a spectacular game I played years before that I might have forgotten about. It would be awesome if the commentary team revisited that for a reminder. It would definitely get a smile out of me. I'm serious, if this game had all of this, I might believe myself that it is my day job. lol. I could imagine calling in to work and telling them I can't make it today because I have to work a double shift at my "other" job. lol

# 37 turftickler @ 05/19/11 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
The world ended
I thought that it was supposed to end May 21. I'm confused. Nah, not really.
Only God knows when Jesus will come back. Until Jesus returns, don't believe the hype.

Back on topic now. The video was good, but it just seems to be a little artificial to me. Hopefully, we will see the differences in each stadium entrances. Hopefully, that get at least one of them right.

# 38 WipeOut464 @ 05/19/11 01:34 PM
The Sooner Schooner, Puddles on the bike, flying WarEagleTigerPlainsman, and even my beloved Uga all look pretty nice, but I'm definitely going to be skipping through them after the first play through. If the commentary isn't dynamic (talking about rivalry games, BCS rankings, etc.) then what's the point?

# 39 bigsmallwood @ 05/19/11 01:34 PM
Very "meh" Not that impressed with it because the commentary is so uninterested in the game.....it feels recorded rather than the LIVE feeling you get when watching college football. Pretty visuals but EA needs to clean up the slight stuttering frame rate to keep the animations smooth and not as they are currently....overall an improvement, but the commentary is unrelatable.

# 40 TastyRambo @ 05/19/11 01:42 PM
anyone believe ign will drop a preview of dynasty details friday like they did for franchise mode on madden? The sooner the better haha.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.