Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 davep @ 05/22/11 01:58 PM
Meh...nothing too exciting. Here's a thought, why not show current season stats with their ranking in the conference? Or last game's stats? Or something besides their current height and weight?

# 62 sparkdawg777 @ 05/22/11 02:46 PM
Yeh I wish for regular games they would only use angles that are seen on TV. It would have been so much cooler if you only had the camera running behind the players in the entrance ONLY for RTG. Instead you'll always have that camera angle running out so it will never be unique for RTG. Although I don't even remember if RTG even had entrances in 11?

# 63 canes21 @ 05/22/11 03:23 PM
I'd like to see EA hire voice actors for the commentary. Having great commentary is possible with real commentators as many games have shown us that, but we've also seen that voice actors can do a very good job with commentary.

If EA came in with a new direction in commentary and hired voice actors, had them have a larger range of emotions, and had a ton of banter lines, then the commentary would be a huge upgrade.

No more one liners that are about the play, we need the commentators to actually have a conversation that can carry on through maybe two to three plays. Have it possible to be interrupted like MLB 2k or NBA 2k and then continue on.

For example, Miami @ FSU. Miami RB gets a big carry, commentators start talking about the run, then get on to how serious this rivalry is. Then they stop for a second, say its 1st and 10 from the 45 yard line, then say something to get back in to the discussion of the rivalry. Talk about how close the games are, all the wide kicks, the great coaches involved, players, etc.

EA seems to think commentary has to be strictly about what just happened on the field. That isn't it. Yes, do talk about what is happening, but have conversations that occur often and last a few plays. This will help kill some of the dead silence and easily make the commentators feel like they're real people commentating on a real game.

Imagine if in real life the commentators never said anything in between plays and never really talked to each other, but instead kept saying one line and then having silence. They would b fired right after the game.

# 64 illwill10 @ 05/22/11 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Yeh I wish for regular games they would only use angles that are seen on TV. It would have been so much cooler if you only had the camera running behind the players in the entrance ONLY for RTG. Instead you'll always have that camera angle running out so it will never be unique for RTG. Although I don't even remember if RTG even had entrances in 11?
RTG had no type of in-game presentation at all. Every other BAP mode(besides SS) has some type of in-game presentation. It adds depth and replayability. Hopefully RTG has some type of in-game presentation this year

# 65 I Ridge I @ 05/22/11 09:38 PM
The only thing I wish they would add to the presentation is some small things. I wish they could have something like starting line ups more than just one impact player that is a skill position player.. All in all i am extremly excited for this game and cannot wait for it to drop!

# 66 usc50 @ 05/22/11 09:50 PM
This will be cool for 1-2 games before I get tired of it and start skipping it every time (like practically everyone does).

# 67 TMJOHNS18 @ 05/23/11 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc50
This will be cool for 1-2 games before I get tired of it and start skipping it every time (like practically everyone does).
Yup. With they would keep in either full broadcast or full field view. Really breaks the broadcast approach when your zooming in close and hearing the sound effects instead of the crowd. Wish they would just add these new features in, but keep the broadcast camera rolling and just change the angles (maybe choose 3 or so shots each time) so it feels a little fresh. Seeing the same zoom in of those horses will get old quick.

Would rather just have an overhead view of the stadium and watch the players run on the field for Dynasty/Play now games, and have the close up effects reserved for RTG.

Or, just have UF bring back Mr Two Bits and make every intro to the game be him. Simple and better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5a_0...eature=related

# 68 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/23/11 11:45 AM
Alot of it looks the same. But the improvements does help some with the presentation and all. Overall the upgrade to presentation this year looks pretty good with the teams intro and all. Can't wait to see if UNC has their intro in the game this year.

# 69 huskerwr38 @ 05/23/11 11:48 AM
I wish they had starting lineups.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.