Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

IGN posted a story today detailing some of the additions to Dynasty mode in NCAA Football 12.

The biggest change seems to be the ability to create a coach and move up the coaching ranks. Many folks have been begging for a "coaching carousel" in this series, so this addition seems like it should make a lot of people happy.

Quote:
...EA and Tiburon have responded and given players the ability to create their own coaches from scratch. You can modify looks, set ages and even pick an alma mater. Save these changes, and you can share them with the world and every mode in your game.

That stuff might sound cosmetic, but it plays into the cool changes in Dynasty mode. When you start, you can choose to go be the head coach of whatever school you like, but the real challenge is taking on one of the new offensive or defensive coordinator slots and working your way up to running an entire team. Yes, this year you can be one of the assistant coaches and manage just one side of the ball for entire games. Do well, and the shot at a head coaching job might pop up.

The story also mentions some details about Online Dynasty mode, including confirmation that you will be able to simulate online dynasty games from your computer.

If you're a more visual person, IGN has also posted a video preview detailing these changes.

On a level beyond the additions themselves, the biggest change this year just seems to be the ability to customize the experience to your liking. The folks at EA Tiburon have been relatively rigid when it comes to customizing players, leagues and so forth, but the shackles seem to be coming off in both football games now.

More details should be released about this mode and the Road to Glory mode in the near future. The embargo for all media as it relates to these modes lifts on May 23.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 J-Unit40 @ 05/19/11 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
It's in dynasty mode, as stated in the article and video. coach mode is not a separate mode like dynasty. It's probably just a different way to play the game(like the 1-button mode or what ever they called it last year) that you can select at the team select screen.

NCAA 12 is looking more and more like the football version of College Hoops 2k8. Which is a very good thing.
Yes Sir.

NCAA 12 is looking DY-NO-MITE!!

Let the naysayer and nitpickers complain, but they won't bring down this hype train!

# 62 canes21 @ 05/19/11 01:55 PM
I want to know if a HC can also be an OC or will every team have a HC, OC, and a DC?

# 63 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/19/11 01:55 PM
OP or Mod can we change the name of the thread? Maybe something like new dynasty features or something.

# 64 blkrptnt819 @ 05/19/11 01:56 PM
Ok, this is the second time I have avoided the ban hammer for something I've seen. Can somebody get me the ToS so I know how long I'll be gone next time I see something totally awesome. I almost cried. Can somebody tell me CAA Football 12 twitter acct?

# 65 schumj @ 05/19/11 01:56 PM
I love the CC addition, HUGE! I only hope that the custom conferences is editable in Dynasty. I would only want it if there are real changes. But hope I can add TCU do the BE in 2012 and Fresno and Nevada in 2012 to MWC without having to start them there in 2011 season. But if not that is better than nothing.

# 66 TheBrothers24 @ 05/19/11 01:57 PM
This is a great edition and I'm halfway sold on the game. Can't fully commit until either I find out if recruiting has been fixed(both schools recruiting and player ratings) or if players will be full editable in Dynasty.

Now CC is great and half of what I wanted but I need the other half before I go out and pre-order.

Don't flame me or call me for whining or moaning. Just that I'm cautiously optimistic about this game still.

# 67 J-Unit40 @ 05/19/11 01:58 PM
Show me "Edit players in dynasty mode..........!!"

"Survey says.......!!

This crew would be in their glory.

# 68 coogrfan @ 05/19/11 01:59 PM
Custom conferences ftw. The SWC shall live again!

# 69 dan_457 @ 05/19/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dame
I wonder how recruiting works if you're a OC or DC? can I only speak with guys on my side of the ball or do the HC handle all the recruiting
That's a good question. CPU recruiting is spotty at best, I think they'd have to at least let you recruit for your side of the ball so you can address needs the CPU wouldn't.

# 70 da ThRONe @ 05/19/11 02:02 PM
Just a moment of clarity then back to the celebration.

Why has it taken this damn long for EA to add CC, Double tackles, Momentum, Presentation, custom playbooks, foot planting, and so on so on. Look at the excitement level when its not Season Showdown, Mascot games, Tug-a-war and all that other non sense they added this gen.

Ok normally I don't do this but KEEP THE PARTY GOIN!

# 71 Husky086 @ 05/19/11 02:02 PM
100% sold. I was pretty much sold before, but after this news... man, NCAA 12 is looking really solid.

Honestly, this is a huge step in the right direction by EA.

# 72 seasprite @ 05/19/11 02:03 PM
Will certainly add a much needed element to dynasty, thank you EA

# 73 beelo @ 05/19/11 02:03 PM
I am ecstatic, first edition of CC, cant wait for release. To bad i have to wait because I dont get games on time in Iraq

# 74 The GIGGAS @ 05/19/11 02:03 PM
I literally died and went to heaven. There's no freaking way that they gave us what we want. There's got to be a catch. I've got to be in a coma.

# 75 canes21 @ 05/19/11 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
I literally died and went to heaven. There's no freaking way that they gave us what we want. There's got to be a catch. I've got to be in a coma.
The catch seems to be the lack of ratings. So, hiring that A+ Prestige HC is not going to be any better than getting that F- HC.

# 76 illwill10 @ 05/19/11 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
me too.
I couldnt believe it. I am still thinking it is a Dream

# 77 UMhester04 @ 05/19/11 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
The catch seems to be the lack of ratings. So, hiring that A+ Prestige HC is not going to be any better than getting that F- HC.
How do you know this for sure?

# 78 FedExPope @ 05/19/11 02:07 PM

EA has finally awaken, gotten the right people on their football games. I think NBA 2K11, of all things, has inspired them...

# 79 illwill10 @ 05/19/11 02:08 PM
Someone needs to start up a "Where are you going start as a Coordinator" Thread.
I expected CC(somewhat), but not OC and DC this year.
I might start as a OC with a Custom Playbook for the Memphis or Temple teams

# 80 Reggie16 @ 05/19/11 02:08 PM
Wow. Amazing! I had one foot off the hype train barely holding on to the ladder, i just got my foot back on traveling to the glory land.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.