Home
Madden 12 News Post

ESPN's Jon Robinson usually gets the scoop when it comes to Madden ratings, and this year is no different. He spoke with Madden "ratings guru" Donny Moore, and Donny revealed that cornerback Patrick Peterson, the former LSU great and Arizona Cardinals first-round pick, is the top-rated rookie in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
But I'm not the only one high on Peterson, as "Madden NFL 12" ratings guru Donny Moore has informed me that Arizona's electrifying corner will be the highest-rated rookie in the game with an 82 overall, including 97 speed, 96 agility, 93 acceleration, 93 jumping, 77 catching (highest for any rookie CB), and 91 return. In terms of his defensive skill set, Peterson clocks in with 89 man coverage, 82 zone coverage, and 90 press.

Those are some beastly ratings to say the least. Speed has usually been the most important attribute in previous Madden games, so Peterson could end up being a terror in coverage and in the return game.

With the NFL lockout in effect, these ratings hold a little more weight as well. While most of the time, one could say these ratings will change after the first regular season game takes place, ratings may not need to be updated on a week-to-week basis this year if there is no season.

Nevertheless, do you all think the ratings are justified, or should another rookie be number one?

Oh, and by the way, this reveal also ties in nicely with our featured article today talking about some of the most dominant rookies from this generation of Madden games.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 noda11 @ 05/19/11 05:09 PM
Wow, that's some big ratings for a rookie, but if anyone deserved them it's gotta be Peterson.

# 2 jeremym480 @ 05/19/11 05:12 PM
I'd prefer to have stretched ratings but, I can not disagree with PP7 being the highest rated rookie

# 3 josef @ 05/19/11 05:28 PM
i'm biased, being that i'm a LSU alum, but that gentleman is a beast. He deserves the high ratings, without a doubt.

# 4 xblake16x @ 05/19/11 05:35 PM
I would love to see a little more stretch in the ratings as well. I didnt get to watch many LSU games over the years as I live in the north west but sure PP7 should be the best rookie.

# 5 89OneHanded @ 05/19/11 05:41 PM
I've seen several LSU games, but I am not a fan of the Tigers at all...and I still think Peterson by far deserved to be the highest rated in this class.

# 6 jmurphy31 @ 05/19/11 06:45 PM
With Peterson at an 82 Overall, it probably means that most 1st rounders will be on the 70's so that looks about right to me

# 7 Atomic Martian @ 05/19/11 07:16 PM
Until Week 2.... after he faces NFL Speed

# 8 frankrizzo380 @ 05/19/11 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
Until Week 2.... after he faces NFL Speed
Peterson's speed>NFL speed lol
Na but 6'1 219lbs all grown man from the SEC, yeah im pretty shure hes gonna get bumped up to an 85 after week one, just youtube the guy or check the official LSU Football website, u will be impressed, and yes, i am bias lol

# 9 DCEBB2001 @ 05/19/11 08:01 PM
Another example of over-inflation with the attributes. That JMP attribute seems way off to me.

In FBG, he is:
OVR: 80
STR: 66
AGI: 92
SPD: 94
ACC: 90
JMP: 82

# 10 TLF @ 05/19/11 08:39 PM
i always like seeing how they rate the RB's of the rookie class

they always seem to make mistakes on guys all the time , if Kendall Hunter has under 92 agility im gonna be pissed

and same for Jaquizz his Agility better be a 96 or 97

because of the new way the Speed, Accel, and Agility are all tied into your speed and stop and go speed , they never get the running style right for the newer RB's imo

AD , Lynch and McFadden were a few of the More recent that they did a Good job on but others like

like Reggie Bush he shouldnt break as many tackles as he does , he should keep his core of speed accel and agility being all 97's but his Elusiveness(ability to break free of a tackle) needs to be fixed to a 80 imo

# 11 xITSxDAWKINSx @ 05/19/11 08:46 PM
i new its college but he did his thing in the SEC. 89 man coverage 90 press and 97 speed i think is a bit much for a rookie. i just wish he would have fell to the 9ers

# 12 WFColonel56 @ 05/19/11 08:58 PM
does not deserve 90 press and 97 spd is a lil high, more like 95...I saw him get beat deep a couple times

# 13 TracerBullet @ 05/19/11 09:04 PM
WatsonTiger approved.

# 14 TMJOHNS18 @ 05/19/11 09:08 PM
Good god, rookie in the 80's with the new player roles and all, he's definitely a player I might.... no, must target for my Bronco (aging Bailey) and Bucs (minus Talib) franchises... wow!

Maybe I'll do my first Franchise controlling both teams, that way it will be crazy bidding for him! lol.

# 15 The JareBear @ 05/19/11 09:52 PM
Peterson is a beast, great draft pick

# 16 ConnSKINS26 @ 05/19/11 10:38 PM
I always wonder how they're going to rate the guys with top-notch measurables who are drafted much later.

Like a Taiwan Jones. He deserves 97-99 speed, and comparable agility and acc ratings.

Are they going to gimp his speed so he's not such a good "Madden RB"? Or will they take care of that by keeping his Truck/Spin/Juke/Elusiveness ratings low, as he's a raw prospect (and low injury rating).

I hope so. Before he broke out and he was just a random fast Oakland 4th rounder, did Jacoby Ford have elite speed in '11? I guess that should answer my question.

# 17 guaps @ 05/20/11 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Another example of over-inflation with the attributes. That JMP attribute seems way off to me.

In FBG, he is:
OVR: 80
STR: 66
AGI: 92
SPD: 94
ACC: 90
JMP: 82
While I clearly prefer these ratings over Donny's, I still think an overall of 80 is a bit high for a rookie who has never played a snap in the NFL.

# 18 4solo @ 05/20/11 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF
i always like seeing how they rate the RB's of the rookie class

they always seem to make mistakes on guys all the time , if Kendall Hunter has under 92 agility im gonna be pissed

and same for Jaquizz his Agility better be a 96 or 97

because of the new way the Speed, Accel, and Agility are all tied into your speed and stop and go speed , they never get the running style right for the newer RB's imo

AD , Lynch and McFadden were a few of the More recent that they did a Good job on but others like

like Reggie Bush he shouldnt break as many tackles as he does , he should keep his core of speed accel and agility being all 97's but his Elusiveness(ability to break free of a tackle) needs to be fixed to a 80 imo
But guess what the great thing about this year is that we can edit palyers even during franchise. Oh I can't wait!

# 19 sniperhare @ 05/20/11 08:26 AM
His ratings are higher than I'd like. The NFL isn't college, he shouldn't have that high of man coverage and press until he shows he can actually play at that level with NFL WR's.

They don't even have camp info leaking out to determine who is going to be starters or backups, or who it playing good or not.

# 20 guaps @ 05/20/11 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
His ratings are higher than I'd like. The NFL isn't college, he shouldn't have that high of man coverage and press until he shows he can actually play at that level with NFL WR's.
One of the problems I have with Madden is Tiburon's inclination to please casual gamers and youngsters, who want to see their favorite players dominate. The players in the NFL are given way too high ratings in Madden, especially the elite and rookies, who are assumed to be elite. And usually they get great ratings across the board, so they will always be elite no matter how poor the user input.

I'd prefer if they rated players lower (no players above 90 OVR and very few 90+ individual ratings) and allowed gamers to worry more about using their player's strengths (and hide their weaknesses), so you could have a 72 OVR playing like he's much better than his overall and vice versa. However, you first need to make the ratings to work properly

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.