Home
NHL 12 News Post

The first NHL 12 screenshot has been released. It involves Washington Capitals center Brooks Laich absolutely blowing up Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury in the Winter Classic. What differences do you see?

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 tyler289 @ 05/19/11 05:14 PM
From the first picture:

-goalie contact actually happens now
-goalie helmets fall off
-winter classic
-net comes off

# 2 Flamesfan102 @ 05/19/11 05:17 PM
With this screenshot, we can already tell that EA has improved presentation since the lighting looks more realistic off the ice and on stall's legs as well as the winter classic being in the game.

# 3 Vanman2425 @ 05/19/11 05:20 PM
I hope the Winter Classic isn't the big selling point this year... (yawn)

# 4 Clarke_311 @ 05/19/11 05:21 PM
Is it just me or does it look like the game is actually outdoors?

# 5 tyler289 @ 05/19/11 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanman2425
I hope the Winter Classic isn't the big selling point this year... (yawn)
Agreed. With all the huge changes to Madden and NCAA, I hope NHL didn't get left behind. I'm happy to see goaltender interference in the game (along with the net falling off), but how can you implement Winter Classic into BAGM mode? You really can't.

# 6 ezio @ 05/19/11 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke_311
Is it just me or does it look like the game is actually outdoors?
Yes. It is the winter classic.

# 7 Fiddy @ 05/19/11 05:25 PM
wooooooooooooooo

real time net morring physics.. i told you!!

oh yeah, and the winter classic.. its about time eh? only a few years late to that party.

# 8 Vanman2425 @ 05/19/11 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
Agreed. With all the huge changes to Madden and NCAA, I hope NHL didn't get left behind. I'm happy to see goaltender interference in the game (along with the net falling off), but how can you implement Winter Classic into BAGM mode? You really can't.
I guess we have to wait and see. As we all know, Be A GM mode needs a lot of work, and they're not going to come out with details about it now, but other than goalie contact and one different game during the year, the picture is pretty blah.

# 9 SwinginAs12 @ 05/19/11 05:27 PM
hopefully the incorperation of new WC stadiums made them go back and revamp all the current stadium models

# 10 joepsu0985 @ 05/19/11 05:27 PM
Great. Another addition to the game that will make game play longer. Nets coming off. Goaltending interference. I dont even want to think about the penalties that will be called.

# 11 Flamesfan102 @ 05/19/11 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
My thought is that EA adding in the winter classic did not take them not much time and is a small feature added. I hope NHL 12 does improve it's presentation part (just like NCAA and Madden have revealed so far). Next two dates to be excited about are - the Community Day Event (May 26th) as well as E3 (June 6-9th) because NHL 12 will be there and that is when gaming sites post previews, some videos, as well as new info.

# 12 Vanman2425 @ 05/19/11 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinginAs12
hopefully the incorperation of new WC stadiums made them go back and revamp all the current stadium models
I'm hoping for this as well, but seeing as this hasn't happend for about 4-5 years, I'm not going to hold my breath. Scoreboards are likely to still be outdated.

# 13 ChaseB @ 05/19/11 05:34 PM
Fleury is just getting absolutely RULED in that picture. I think it's hilarious yet frightening what could happen with this during games. As someone who plays goalie a lot, it's exciting either way. I hope I can beat the push players in the back etc. in a context-sensitive sort of way or something.

I also wonder what happens since so many people love cross-crease passes and jamming the crease. It really could add a whole new element to the game the way so many people skate so hard at the net.

# 14 statum71 @ 05/19/11 05:39 PM
Looks good!!

Hoping for the same attention to TV presentation the football games are getting. And an Intermission Report???? Finally????

# 15 The Amaizen Blue @ 05/19/11 05:58 PM
Great, this probably means I can't use Holmstrom the same way anymore

But all joking aside, that picture is worth a thousand words right now. Hopefully presentation is a huge implement. NCAA 12 is a great example of it. Just get some licensing (easier said than done)

# 16 Lightbringer719 @ 05/19/11 06:00 PM
Goalie brutality? Hopefully it doesn't go overboard?

Also, presentation better have had a huge overhaul and such.

# 17 kennytomson @ 05/19/11 06:07 PM
PLEASE add a broadcast camera.

# 18 LuGer33 @ 05/19/11 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Fleury is just getting absolutely RULED in that picture. I think it's hilarious yet frightening what could happen with this during games. As someone who plays goalie a lot, it's exciting either way. I hope I can beat the push players in the back etc. in a context-sensitive sort of way or something.

I also wonder what happens since so many people love cross-crease passes and jamming the crease. It really could add a whole new element to the game the way so many people skate so hard at the net.
This is my think as well. My only concern is that the goalie physics won't be initiated unless you actually try to hit them - the same way the real time physics for checking in NHL 11 didn't initiate unless you landed a hit. If you have to "hit" the goalie for the collision to begin, it won't change gameplay around the net as much as we'd like.

I'm hopeful though, and even if that turns out to be the case, it will still alter gameplay - just to a lesser extent. The developers said at last year's community day they had some goalie collision in place but couldn't get it right in time for NHL 11, so they held off a year and I'm not surprised we're looking at it for NHL 12. I'm confident they'll do it right.

# 19 porky14 @ 05/19/11 06:33 PM
Just another gimmick, to buy the product

# 20 PhillsPhan26 @ 05/19/11 06:35 PM
I am sop thrilled for the Winter Classic only news I need now is Goalie helmet customization, EA gameface and real coaches.....

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.