Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

Brizzo has checked in with an update on the upcoming Fight Night Champion Title Update #2.

Quote:
"We are wrapping things up with Title Update #2. When we have a specific release date, you will obviously be the first to know. Couple things I can tell you...
  • One Punch KOs are working again.
  • OWC has been balanced so that new CABs aren't at such a disadvantage when they start out.
  • OWC has new match-up logic to favor match-ups between boxers with similar OVR ratings.
  • Numerous factors have been tweaked to reduce the effectiveness of jab-spamming, especially to the body.
  • Stamina loss is greater when moving backwards (most noticable over multiple rounds).
  • Having your back to the ropes/in the corner has a bigger impact on movement speed.
  • Max Stamina Loss/Recovery overall has been adjusted.
  • Some previous patch/tuner-set changes have been rolled back for Offline gameplay.
  • Weave sensitivity has been much improved.
  • A variety of other bugs have been fixed.
We've been playing it as much as we can, trying to fight like different types of a-holes/jerks to grief each other with very little success. We look forward to getting it in your hands as soon as we can and hopefully you can all have fun beating some cheesy spammers down too."

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nyj721 @ 05/22/11 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
this is an absolute must! hell, they advertised it!...where is it??
Excactly. The back of the case says "Experience the brutality of boxing" with a picture of Cotto bleeding all over the place. However you can have a 15 round fight with guys that cut easily and not see anything.
It would be like if when Madden added gang tackles, the devs decided they didn't like how it worked and patched it out after they made it the main selling point.

# 22 NYG_Meth @ 05/22/11 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernut
Good look Brah, everything sounds good. Especially the loss of stamina when moving backward, and the less movement when up against the ropes. I also like how the dev's actually played as "cheesers", so they can see the exploits of the game. I can't wait for an actual date for this tuner to come out. Another thing is we have to give these dev's props because they are really trying hard to please everyone.
Yeah, that's great, except what the hell are you supposed to do when someone comes forward non-stop, winging power punches without stamina penalty, and now you lose stamina just by trying to move out of the way...?

# 23 canes21 @ 05/22/11 08:54 PM
I'm glad I just now got Champion. Just played my first game online and through a little over 4 rounds the guy had 600 punches thrown. 500 were jabs and straights.

Can't wait for this patch to drop so I can actually play how I want to play online and not be at a disadvantage.

# 24 xITSxDAWKINSx @ 05/22/11 10:13 PM
thank you very much maybe i can play online again lol

# 25 ajns @ 05/22/11 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
this is an absolute must!
hell, they advertised it!...where is it??
This got me thinking. When they nerfed blood and damage was this one of the "knock-on" type bugs EA has been referring to in their updates? If so what is the trade-off? What will we have to give up to get damage and blood back? And will the devs decide to leave damage and blood out if the consequences are too dire (Most likely)? That would be a shame, especially if this is really EA's last bite at the boxing apple.

# 26 DaveDQ @ 05/23/11 11:22 AM
They need to stop reading message boards and do their best to polish this game on their own merit and understanding.

The two tuners are too contrasted. You don't get the sense that they are working with one product and revising or polishing it. And then with the Title Update (patch) two things were completely removed (1PKO and Cuts). How does that happen? Was it tested or was it deliberate? I highly doubt they purposefully removed two added features that they touted pre-release.

So now we are on the heels of a new patch and it's as if the game is sort of lost. I just don't get the sense that they are moving forward. It's more of a feeling that they take two steps forward one step back. I do enjoy the game, but I'd much rather them tell me, "This is our direction and work on it." Rather, it's more like it's a big beta test.

# 27 SHAKYR @ 05/23/11 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
They need to stop reading message boards and do their best to polish this game on their own merit and understanding.

The two tuners are too contrasted. You don't get the sense that they are working with one product and revising or polishing it. And then with the Title Update (patch) two things were completely removed (1PKO and Cuts). How does that happen? Was it tested or was it deliberate? I highly doubt they purposefully removed two added features that they touted pre-release.

So now we are on the heels of a new patch and it's as if the game is sort of lost. I just don't get the sense that they are moving forward. It's more of a feeling that they take two steps forward one step back. I do enjoy the game, but I'd much rather them tell me, "This is our direction and work on it." Rather, it's more like it's a big beta test.
This game is basically getting beta tested by the fans. I wouldn't praise the producers for this game because there are so many glitches and bugs along with them trying to tune the game on the fly.

They need to let this game represent boxing realistically without the added arcade elements. There was a poll done and the fans overwhelmingly voted for a realistic boxing game.

The champion Mode is the only polished part of the game.

# 28 DaveDQ @ 05/23/11 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
This game is basically getting beta tested by the fans. I wouldn't praise the producers for this game because there are so many glitches and bugs along with them trying to tune the game on the fly.

They need to let this game represent boxing realistically without the added arcade elements. There was a poll done and the fans overwhelmingly voted for a realistic boxing game.

The champion Mode is the only polished part of the game.
lol..maybe because it hasn't been touched since release.

To me the game is like a flight that took off with a destination in mind but then the captain came on and asked where the people really want to go. Some said LA, some NY. So the captain went towards LA because the majority said that. Then on the way to LA the captain said, "When we switched route, one of our engines quit working so we were going to stop in Chicago but the landing gear won't engage. "So we think it's best to head back home and start over."

"By the way, if you want peanuts you'll have to purchase XP points. And right while you're eating your peanuts we're going to rip them out of your hands and act like you never had them."

"Also, please excuse the odd looking pale faces on all of our flight attendants."

# 29 scottyo60 @ 05/23/11 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
lol..maybe because it hasn't been touched since release.

To me the game is like a flight that took off with a destination in mind but then the captain came on and asked where the people really want to go. Some said LA, some NY. So the captain went towards LA because the majority said that. Then on the way to LA the captain said, "When we switched route, one of our engines quit working so we were going to stop in Chicago but the landing gear won't engage. "So we think it's best to head back home and start over."

"By the way, if you want peanuts you'll have to purchase XP points. And right while you're eating your peanuts we're going to rip them out of your hands and act like you never had them."

"Also, please excuse the odd looking pale faces on all of our flight attendants."
I legit LOL'd at that comment. That is a great comparison especially with the XPs

# 30 ajns @ 05/24/11 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Anyone planning on starting over with a new OWC career when this comes out?
Not OWC, but I will give Legacy one last chance before I completely give up on this version.

# 31 Vast @ 05/27/11 05:44 PM
What is taking soo long? I'm about to just give up on this game. I haven't even bought it yet, waiting on this patch to finally make it playable. SMH.

# 32 BoomerSooner420 @ 05/29/11 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
What is taking soo long? I'm about to just give up on this game. I haven't even bought it yet, waiting on this patch to finally make it playable. SMH.
If you're looking to play FNC online, I wouldn't bother waiting for it. There are issues that go well beyond the body jab spamming and other various cheesy exploiters. Buying XP is a gamebreaker for most players including myself. A month of hard work beaten by someone who purchased maxxed out punches is lame beyond description.

If you're going to play alot of FNC offline, champion mode, legacy mode, etc. then the game is quite playable now. Just don't download any patches or tuner sets. The release version of the game does have it's flaws, but as i'm sure you've read, it has gotten worse with each update, and I'm having alot of fun in legacy mode with the release version, no patches or tuners. Obviously I can't play online this way, but OWC was broken before they broke it even more.

Hopefully the next update will be what it's been promised to be, but I wouldn't hold my breath, especially for you guys looking strictly at online gameplay.

# 33 Complex @ 06/02/11 09:58 PM
Was an update released?

# 34 ajns @ 06/02/11 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex
Was an update released?
Not yet. Some time in June. My guess is the actual work on the patch is done, and it is awaiting approval by Sony. My best guess, based on rumor and past experience, is it will be available between the 14th and 21st of June.

# 35 Lakers 24 7 @ 06/05/11 02:55 AM
Let me get this straight.. It takes more energy to move backwards than it does any other direction... Really?? I don't like the sounds of that at all. Sense the footwork isn't realistic, and now players will be penalized for moving backwards, the game will be more of a slug fest than before.

You want to promote movement, not penalize it. But, that was something probably added to balance things out and please both sides.

# 36 SHAKYR @ 06/05/11 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
Let me get this straight.. It takes more energy to move backwards than it does any other direction... Really??
Are you asking game -wise or real life? In real life yes, your legs wear down faster backing up more than any other movement.

# 37 Lakers 24 7 @ 06/05/11 02:47 PM
I guess it depends on how it's implemented. Pressuring a fighter that's moving back, and having more energy sapped makes sense. Moving back from a stationary, or non-aggressive, opponent and being penalized is completely different. I hope the latter doesn't end up being the case.

Personally I like the way the game feels right now. You have to wear a fighter down, then pour it on in the late rounds to score KD's or KO's. Stamina feels about right as well (could be nerfed a little more even). Only thing that needed to be tweaked was body spamming. But, we'll see how it plays out. They have made some progress in certain areas.

"Max Stamina Loss/Recovery overall has been adjusted."

Does this mean stamina loss will be higher and recovery will be lower? Anyone know how they adjusted it? This could be the biggest factor right here. If they lowered the stamina this game could be awesome and very enjoyable over the next year plus.

# 38 petz_e @ 06/06/11 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers 24/7
"Max Stamina Loss/Recovery overall has been adjusted."

Does this mean stamina loss will be higher and recovery will be lower? Anyone know how they adjusted it? This could be the biggest factor right here. If they lowered the stamina this game could be awesome and very enjoyable over the next year plus.
No, I think they will raise the stamina again, because a lot of people complained that after the latest patch the stamina was way too low in the later rounds and the boxers were already exasted in the fourth round. I might be wrong though.

# 39 canes21 @ 06/06/11 10:49 AM
I think stamina isn't right the way it is now. I'm probably in the minority, but I hate going online and me and the other guy can both throw 100+ punches for 9 straight rounds and still come out in round 10 and have over 90 energy.

I think if someone throws over 100 punches through the first three rounds, then I should be able to destroy them if I managed my punch count wisely. I don't like 75-100 punch rounds. I want to throw 30-50 at the most per round and still be a bit tired from it.

# 40 Hova57 @ 06/06/11 11:03 AM
I could be wrong, but when I play I always feel like I'm fighting against two different stamina for the cpu. One is the bar and that one is for punching stamina , then the other is stamina bar for body shots recieved. I beat up on the boxer body when I do knock them down I see its harder for them to get up, but the punching stamina never goes anywhere, I'm beating the crap out of the cpu body punches, shots to the face and dropping them too and that freaking stamina bar doesn't fall . it goes back up after each round, meanwhile my stamina and health doesn't get the same love the cpu does, what I would like to see is they dev set the cpu levels at the same the human players does.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.