Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The Gaming Tailgate has posted a bunch of specific and in-depth details about Dynasty mode that might not find their way into standard previews and press releases. These details come via a community-based Q&A session, and as with most Q&As about very specific details, there is more negatives than positives to be found here.

One negative thing coming from the Q&A is the confirmation about the lack of individual coaching ratings, which means the Coaching Carousel loses a bit of luster. If you put the pieces of the puzzle together, you sort of already knew this was coming based on some of the details that had previously been released about Dynasty mode, but it's still a little disappointing to hear. However, coach prestige will impact results during simulations, and it will still impact recruiting via the "pitches" previously in the game. These caveats should not be overlooked. Since coaches will now recruit for their playbook and style of play, if you take over a job and want to recruit for a new system, that will provide a whole new layer of challenge that was not there previously.

In addition, you can't hire your own coordinators once you're the head coach, and really, why would you if the coaches don't have ratings -- the only thing playing a part in the decision would be the playbook at that point, and you have control of that if you want. However, if you want an extra layer of challenge, you could build your team based off each coordinator's playbook, which could change your recruiting strategy at various points because the CPU Athletic Director could hire/fire coordinators.

On the positive side of things, it does seem it will be a slow burn to get from a "D" prestige to an "A" prestige level. You can also share coaches within the roster, so roster makers can now edit all the coaches in addition to all the players. Continuing with the customization positives, you can edit conferences throughout a dynasty, not just before the first year. Lastly, early signs point to simulated stats being more on point this year.

Head over to The Gaming Tailgate to get the rest of the details.

Source - Dynasty Info Q&A Thread (The Gaming Tailgate)

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 cts @ 05/24/11 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I don't see how you could not be thrilled with all the features being implemented into these games! They are listening. I want the game to be fun too. Not some text sim. I can always play those on a PC. Console gaming must have a big fun factor and that is something EA is good at and IMO NCAA 12 will be the definitve version.
Agreed.

I think people get their hopes way too high, especially for a one-year development cycle. Hell, at some point we all do! At the end of the day, from the looks of things, NCAA12 will be much improved over NCAA11.

# 142 zethisis @ 05/24/11 01:56 PM
Quote:
u said they could have added more? are u kidding me this is the first year they have CC in and other features and yet you still complain. maybe you should buy this game and just go in a closet and play the quiet game. Because to be honest i will be playing this game all the time, there may be some bugs but that doesnt mean im going to flip out on EA and say that they cant make a good football game. and as far as 2K their servers flat out suck, they are always down when you want to play and are back up when you dont care
I'm sorry if I'm mad about having to spend 59.99 on a game that has really bad flaws every year. You may be okay with it, but I'm not. Especially since they have a team designated to making this game the best it can be. The only reason I called them lazy was because their putting out a unsatisfactory product and they know that it's half done. Since when is it okay to be happy with getting a half-assed product.

Quote:
In real life, the coordinators recruit both sides of the ball. Jimbo Fisher, when he was strictly an OC at LSU, recruited both offensive and defensive prospects. That goes for pretty much every assistant in college football.

What EA should have done (IMO) was designate a region and a set number of prospects they want you to sign. For instance, if you are a coach at Georgia they want you to sign at least one player from Florida, Georgia, and Alabama, and they want you to sign 10 players in total. Then should also tell you what positions to recruit, for instance your coach wants 2 RBs, 3 OL, 2 LBs, 2 DTs, one K. If you recruited those three states, signed 10 players and met your positional needs then you met your goals for recruiting, if not, you failed.
That would be great. But, I have a feeling you're recruiting would take a hit because what happens when that state is just not a great producer of college talent.

# 143 jeremym480 @ 05/24/11 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zethisis
I'm sorry if I'm mad about having to spend 59.99 on a game that has really bad flaws every year. You may be okay with it, but I'm not. Especially since they have a team designated to making this game the best it can be. The only reason I called them lazy was because their putting out a unsatisfactory product and they know that it's half done. Since when is it okay to be happy with getting a half-assed product.

That would be great. But, I have a feeling you're recruiting would take a hit because what happens when that state is just not a great producer of college talent.
So if you're so unhappy with the product then, why are you buying it again?

# 144 zethisis @ 05/24/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
So if you're so unhappy with the product then, why are you buying it again?

The same reason everybody else buys Madden and NCAA every year.

# 145 NDAlum @ 05/24/11 02:49 PM
Quote:
I haven't bought Madden in three years...so you can hold out!

# 146 89OneHanded @ 05/24/11 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
When I wished for a coaching carousel I wanted ratings to be the big factor. I wouldn't care if playbooks never changed in year one, but I do care about ratings.

I think most people here just haven't played 2k8 so they really don't know how a carousel should be done and when done correctly how big a feature it is.
In a football game, I would much much much rather the playbooks changed with the coaches than the coaches have ratings which affect the team.

As many people have already said on this thread, this is the first year, and we're getting just the basics. I'm simply impressed that EA is actually listening to our complaints and requests finally. After the effort EA has put into both Madden and NCAA this year, I have faith that they will expand CC for the next couple years until they get it right.

# 147 pmurray20 @ 05/24/11 04:15 PM
[quote=zethisis;2042427281]

if they made a perfect game instead of a half done game, then nobody would buy it the following year. there is always room for improvments and this year from what i can see, they are doing a better job

# 148 mike24forever @ 05/24/11 04:18 PM
Quote:
If you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT! It's that simple.

# 149 WoOdMoJo @ 05/24/11 10:11 PM
Will there be like a college gameday presentaion.

# 150 DickDalewood @ 05/24/11 10:30 PM

OS will never be happy. This is definitely the most hilarious time of year.

# 151 Jr. @ 05/25/11 12:17 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry if I'm mad about having to spend 59.99 on a game that has really bad flaws every year.
Can you explain why you have to buy the game?

Why would you spend your hard earned money on something that you don't actually want to buy? Or at least it seems like you don't want to, considering you are saying that you are mad about paying for a flawed game. I really don't understand this. If you don't like what the game has to offer, why buy it and be unhappy with it?

# 152 Jr. @ 05/25/11 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jefferson
Sure, now point me towards the other video game company that's allowed to make a college football product, and I'll gladly give them my business instead.
Again, is there some biological need to be able to play a college football video game? I enjoy college football as much as the next person, but if I wasn't excited about what the game had to offer I wouldn't get it. It's not like there has been competition for a college football game for a long time (and that competition was an utter disaster)

# 153 Jr. @ 05/25/11 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
My guess is because he's a diehard college football fan and this is the only game that has college football. Not trying to instigate or anything. I see both points.
I get the part of being a diehard college football fan, I'm the same way. I guess I just don't understand how people say they HAVE to have something, even if they don't seem to really want it.

I'm derailing the thread now, so I'll leave it at this

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.