Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Check out the NCAA Football 12 Coaching Carousel hands-on preview, at TSO.

Quote:
"First of all, be assured there is some depth to the process and tangible impacts on the teams being coached. This isn’t just rotating names and meaningless movement. There are Offensive Coordinators and Defense Coordinators (no position coaches) to go along with the Head Coach and the coach prestige has a direct impact on the progression of players for the length of time he coaches the team. It’s not as deep as it could be, but for the first implementation, it’s more than I expected."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 CHIEFxxROCKEM @ 05/24/11 09:55 AM
Can't wait for the full reveal

# 42 volstopfan14 @ 05/24/11 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Also if this was the case, what would be the point for teams to settle for a B HC when they could get an A OC/DC?
Exactly. It feels as if there aree quite a few holes in this system. If i rank coaches, I'm thinking about rating all coaches a letter below hat I would want to rank them to help with the transition to HC. Like B+ would be the highest grade for any coordinator. Does anyone think that would work?

# 43 The JareBear @ 05/24/11 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
Exactly. It feels as if there aree quite a few holes in this system. If i rank coaches, I'm thinking about rating all coaches a letter below hat I would want to rank them to help with the transition to HC. Like B+ would be the highest grade for any coordinator. Does anyone think that would work?
Dude, of course there will be holes. It is the first year of the system man, they will get it figured out

# 44 BallinVol @ 05/24/11 11:19 AM
this is a nice touch ... from this photo it appears that New Mexico fires their coach, who is then hired as a DC at Utah State. Instead of New Mexico looking elsewhere, they "promote" their current DC to HC. I like that there is some variety.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

# 45 RynoAid @ 05/24/11 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
this is a nice touch ... from this photo it appears that New Mexico fires their coach, who is then hired as a DC at Utah State. Instead of New Mexico looking elsewhere, they "promote" their current DC to HC. I like that there is some variety.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
yes, teams will look internally to fill their positions sometimes.

# 46 sparkdawg777 @ 05/24/11 11:44 AM
Quote:

Yeh I don't see anything wrong with that. Although I think they will announce that an OC/DC's prestige will drop a little when going to HC, or at least I hope.

# 47 Solidice @ 05/24/11 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
One thing I don't quite understand are the arrows on the goals screen.

What does the red arrows mean? Are more red arrows worse than one? It looks like FSU signed a 4-star prospect, yet there are 4 red arrows and one green arrow. I don't understand that, so can someone help??
The arrows show how important that goal is.

from the EA Coaching Carousel blog

"There are three varying types of rewards for the goals. Required, but expected goals, will display as more red arrows than green. This is a base requirement for this contract for the school and it is expected that the coach must pass this goal. Then there are balanced goals, with both red and green arrows, that the school considers as something the coach should pass and is less challenging. Finally, the bonus goals are the goals with only green arrows. The school considers these stretch goals for the contract. "

if you fail to complete the required goals, they will hurt you more in job security, but sense they are expected, they don't net you a lot of possitive job security for completing them. failling the bonus goals wont hurt you, but will benefit you a lot for completing them.

# 48 dan_457 @ 05/24/11 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
Good point. Unless A rated OC/DCs are only available to 5*+ prestige schools.. but that wouldn't make much sense.

If coordinators really keep their prestige when they become a head coach, would this be something that could be changed through a patch? So they lose at least a letter grade going from being a coordinator to a head coach

I guess we'll find this out when the in-depth CC blog comes out
This is an excellent question. For example, Muschamp would probably be in the A's as a coordinator in terms of prestige, but as a HC the consensus is he's around a C+ to B due to lack of experience. I wonder if Ryno can shed some light onto this.

# 49 volstopfan14 @ 05/24/11 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Dude, of course there will be holes. It is the first year of the system man, they will get it figured out
Yeah I know that. I don't expect perfection and I'm pretty happy with what they put in. There are just a couple of things that I thought were pretty obvious and were left out. Don't get me wrong, I love this feature and I'm glad its in. I just hope EA improves on this in the future.

# 50 RynoAid @ 05/24/11 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
This is an excellent question. For example, Muschamp would probably be in the A's as a coordinator in terms of prestige, but as a HC the consensus is he's around a C+ to B due to lack of experience. I wonder if Ryno can shed some light onto this.
i don't think their ratings drop from moving to coordinator to head coach. I could be wrong, but i believe the rating stays the same. I'll try and get confirmation on that.

# 51 RynoAid @ 05/25/11 10:45 AM
Quote:
Yeah I know that. I don't expect perfection and I'm pretty happy with what they put in. There are just a couple of things that I thought were pretty obvious and were left out. Don't get me wrong, I love this feature and I'm glad its in. I just hope EA improves on this in the future.
im sure they plan on fully maximizing the potential here now that the framework is built.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.