Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Check out the latest NCAA Football 12 blog, featuring the recently announced Dynasty feature called, Coach Carousel.

Quote:
"Hi NCAA Football fans, NCAA Football 12 designer Jordan Peterson here, and it is my privilege to provide you with a more in-depth view of one of the new features in Dynasty, Coach Carousel. Coach Carousel has been one of the top requested features each year from the community and the new addition of coaches, and contracts, will add even more depth to Dynasty.

When starting an Online, or Offline Dynasty, you will be able to create a new coach or use an existing coach. There are three coach positions available: Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator. As the Head Coach, you will be in control of the entire team and held accountable for completing contract goals both on and off the field. Coordinators, however, are only responsible for their side of the ball, and the CPU coaches will run the other half. Only controlling one side of the ball creates additional drama to your Dynasty games as you watch each play of your CPU controlled offense attempting to march down the field for a game-winning drive. This can keep you on the edge of your seat, cheering your team to pull out the victory."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 dan_457 @ 05/24/11 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It is what I thought it would be. Goals are based off of schools.
That's still up in the air, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

" Coordinators should expect contracts that focus on their area of expertise, but will also be on the hook to ensure that their side of the ball is excelling on the field."

Area of expertise is what I'm focused on. We've yet to see a single screenshot of what the other 2 menu's in the coach editor even look like(the one's labeled simply O and D). These could be a coach's tendency's in a greater depth, and playbook. Which could very well mean that goals are much more specifically catered to an individual coach. It shouldn't be that hard to create an algorithm, to create goals specific to a coaches style.

# 22 Solidice @ 05/24/11 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
That's still up in the air, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

" Coordinators should expect contracts that focus on their area of expertise, but will also be on the hook to ensure that their side of the ball is excelling on the field."

Area of expertise is what I'm focused on. We've yet to see a single screenshot of what the other 2 menu's in the coach editor even look like(the one's labeled simply O and D). These could be a coach's tendency's in a greater depth, and playbook. Which could very well mean that goals are much more specifically catered to an individual coach. It shouldn't be that hard to create an algorithm, to create goals specific to a coaches style.
I assume it'll be what was in the coaching philosophy from NCAA 11 and before. things like playbooks, run/pass ratio, aggressiveness, sub ratios, etc..

# 23 dan_457 @ 05/24/11 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I assume it'll be what was in the coaching philosophy from NCAA 11 and before. things like playbooks, run/pass ratio, aggressiveness, sub ratios, etc..
Which is pretty much what I'm assuming, but I do wonder if they've expanded on it for more in depth tendency's.

# 24 dan_457 @ 05/24/11 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
If you are a coordinator, can you take another coordinator job at another school? (ex. OC at SMU to OC at Oregon)
Yes you can, in one screen it showed I think Middle Tennessee or some one's OC going to Texas Tech and replacing their OC.

# 25 cparrish @ 05/24/11 02:53 PM
Although it's not as robust as CH2K8, the more and more I read about it, the more and more I like it. I started a new coaching career in 11 as an OC for Western Kentucky; I just super sim the defense, to get my feet wet for this new mode.

# 26 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/24/11 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Damn it I wish Charlie Weiss was still at ND, he would be fired for under performing too.
He can be fired from being Florida's Offensive Coordinator though...

# 27 canes21 @ 05/24/11 03:04 PM
Oh well. We have a base now I guess. I was initally excited when we first heard about the CC, but as everyone knows by now, I am very disappointed in the implementation of it. Something is better than nothing, but I highly doubt the CC will do anything besides have teams run slightly different schemes every once in awhile.

I am hoping next year they go all out because there will be no excuse to not have it on at least the same level as 2k8 then. You can say the CC in 2k8 took 3-4 years, but that was also over half a decade ago and EA should be able to get it in within 2 years.

Without any true ratings top schools will always be on top while the bottom feeders will always be that way. I went from CC being my most anticipated feature to it being the improvement I care about least in this year's game. I am more excited to hear that teams actually recruit to their styles now. Hopefully EA implemented that one completely right.

# 28 splff3000 @ 05/24/11 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Oh well. We have a base now I guess. I was initally excited when we first heard about the CC, but as everyone knows by now, I am very disappointed in the implementation of it. Something is better than nothing, but I highly doubt the CC will do anything besides have teams run slightly different schemes every once in awhile.

I am hoping next year they go all out because there will be no excuse to not have it on at least the same level as 2k8 then. You can say the CC in 2k8 took 3-4 years, but that was also over half a decade ago and EA should be able to get it in within 2 years.

Without any true ratings top schools will always be on top while the bottom feeders will always be that way. I went from CC being my most anticipated feature to it being the improvement I care about least in this year's game. I am more excited to hear that teams actually recruit to their styles now. Hopefully EA implemented that one completely right.
You're not alone here. While it wasn't my most anticipated feature(that one isn't in this year), it was something I was looking forward to. Now I guess I'll be looking forward to seeing what they do to it next year.

# 29 splff3000 @ 05/24/11 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777

I can't believe they are keeping the same recruiting game. It's unrealistic, there shouldn't be random subjects. If it's random it should either be because...

1) The recruit chose that subject (so he obviously has interest in that pitch)

2) The coach chooses it (which is the gamble to see if the recruit is interested in the pitch)

It makes no sense that there would be a random pitch chosen when both the pitch for the school is poor AND the recruit has no interest. Anyone else agree?
Yes!!! That's the exact way I feel. I was really really hoping that they changed that this year. Maybe next year, right? lol

# 30 Gosens6 @ 05/24/11 03:22 PM
We've been wanting a feature like this for a while and we finally got it. I for one am going to be happy with what we have because it's better than nothing.

Some people will never be satisfied with a good feature, and this is a good feature for it's first year being in. It adds an immersion factor into the Dynasty mode and i'm looking forward to it.

# 31 Slaticus @ 05/24/11 03:23 PM
I dont know how all of you are complaining. It is, afterall, the first time that CC has been in an NCAA football game. Give EA a few years to get it perfect.

Blah blah blah, NBA2k8 had it blah blah blah. Get over it. This is a football game. Nor is it developed by 2k.

# 32 canes21 @ 05/24/11 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaticus
I dont know how all of you are complaining. It is, afterall, the first time that CC has been in an NCAA football game. Give EA a few years to get it perfect.

Blah blah blah, NBA2k8 had it blah blah blah. Get over it. This is a football game. Nor is it developed by 2k.
College Hoops 2k8, not NBA 2k8. And if you have played 2k8, then you know the lack of ratings almost makes the addition pointless. The most important parts of a CC are ratings, then having styles and everything else included. If you don't include ratings, then coaches are almost pointless and it defeats the whole purpose of the feature.

# 33 willIam9387 @ 05/24/11 03:35 PM
You have to start somewhere, and they've laid a solid foundation for the future. Although CC might look thin at a first glance, no coach ratings and the like, it's still an addition and it's deep. Teams will look at play style, coach prestige, and whether or not the candidate is an alumnus before making a decision.

A couple years into a dynasty, a computer controlled school might have an interesting decision where they have two candidates of equal prestige. The first candidate is an alumnus with a spread attack, while the second is not an alumnus but runs more of a balance offense which could fit better with the school and the players under scholarship. Ratings definitely would add more substance, but the fact is NCAA finally has a coaching carousel and it looks solid and in the coming years could really become a great feature.

Still though the main thing that will have me playing dynasty mode for a long time is whether or not gameplay was improved and the other dynasty additions which will be announced Friday.

# 34 vaeath @ 05/24/11 03:35 PM
Is the number 22 corner as a four star normal in the game?

They could of edited the recruits up, so no more 5'8" 180 power backs, etc.

# 35 Gosens6 @ 05/24/11 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
College Hoops 2k8, not NBA 2k8. And if you have played 2k8, then you know the lack of ratings almost makes the addition pointless. The most important parts of a CC are ratings, then having styles and everything else included. If you don't include ratings, then coaches are almost pointless and it defeats the whole purpose of the feature.
Actually in the blog it said the coaches prestige rating effects a number of thing including recruiting, player progression, Etc.

So don't say coaches are all pointless because you're wrong

# 36 MrRudy @ 05/24/11 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Some people will never be satisfied with a good feature, and this is a good feature for it's first year being in. It adds an immersion factor into the Dynasty mode and i'm looking forward to it.
I don't think it's that people will never be satisfied in this case, I think it's that people have seen this feature already implemented in a prior game (granted from a different company) and apparently it's flat out amazing. So when it's announced that it's coming to a game as immense as NCAA12... it's natural to get really hyped up.
It doesn't mean people won't buy or give the game the praise it deserves... it's more that they didn't meet the expectations for a new feature that has existed before (in a different game) and people have a right to be annoyed.

# 37 jeremym480 @ 05/24/11 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I actually like the random pitches(at least more than how it was in NCAA 10 and before). It prevents users from spamming only the "most" pitches for 2-3 hours like they used to. It may not be realistic, but in video game terms, a good thing.

I assume, it is also another way to separate the good teams from the bad teams. obviously the better teams will have better rounded pitches than the lower rated teams.
That's how I see it as well. IMO having total control over the recruiting was way to easy and cheesy. I really enjoyed the challenge that the new recruiting provided. Especially, in online dynasties. I actually had recruiting classes that weren't in the top 20. Hell, I had a class that wasn't in the top 50. NCAA 11 is the first NCAA I could ever say that. So different strokes for different folks but, count me in the group that loves a challenge.

With that said, I would like to see the system tweaked. Things like having to "change the topic" multiple times in a conversation can get annoying. I'm also hoping that the logic improved, as well.

# 38 Jim Jones @ 05/24/11 03:39 PM
Are real coaches going to be in the game or is it still going to be "Texas Coach", etc. Because I'm wondering how you're going to be able to tell when a coach switches teams. If Will Muschamp replaces Mack Brown at Texas three years into a dynasty, wouldn't he then just become the new "Texas Coach" ?

# 39 canes21 @ 05/24/11 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Actually in the blog it said the coaches prestige rating effects a number of thing including recruiting, player progression, Etc.

So don't say coaches are all pointless because you're wrong
The prestige affects recruiting because it is one pitch. That one pitch can be avoided and most recruits in 11 had Very Low interest in it. And then it affects progression. I doubt its anything major. We'll probably see A prestige coaches constantly having player progress at least 4 points a season while lower prestige coaches have players progress more inconsistently. And all that will do is keep the top programs on top while the bottom ones stay there.

# 40 Gosens6 @ 05/24/11 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudy
I don't think it's that people will never be satisfied in this case, I think it's that people have seen this feature already implemented in a prior game (granted from a different company) and apparently it's flat out amazing. So when it's announced that it's coming to a game as immense as NCAA12... it's natural to get really hyped up.
It doesn't mean people won't buy or give the game the praise it deserves... it's more that they didn't meet the expectations for a new feature that has existed before (in a different game) and people have a right to be annoyed.
Well no they don't have the right to be annoyed IMO.

EA Sports didn't make CH2K8, EA Sports has never tried anything like this with their college game, so, give them credit for what they've been able to implement in one development cycle with this feature.

People expected it to be exactly like CH2K8 and that's just not realistic thinking. What we have though, is good for a first try and it's not a pointless feature like others are trying to tout it as.

Coaches do effect many things when it comes to your school, they're not just there as some sort of placebo. Some people need to actually read what this feature does, instead of only looking for the features they want, that they're comparing to a completely different game from a completely different company.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.