Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Check out the latest NCAA Football 12 blog, featuring the recently announced Dynasty feature called, Coach Carousel.

Quote:
"Hi NCAA Football fans, NCAA Football 12 designer Jordan Peterson here, and it is my privilege to provide you with a more in-depth view of one of the new features in Dynasty, Coach Carousel. Coach Carousel has been one of the top requested features each year from the community and the new addition of coaches, and contracts, will add even more depth to Dynasty.

When starting an Online, or Offline Dynasty, you will be able to create a new coach or use an existing coach. There are three coach positions available: Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator. As the Head Coach, you will be in control of the entire team and held accountable for completing contract goals both on and off the field. Coordinators, however, are only responsible for their side of the ball, and the CPU coaches will run the other half. Only controlling one side of the ball creates additional drama to your Dynasty games as you watch each play of your CPU controlled offense attempting to march down the field for a game-winning drive. This can keep you on the edge of your seat, cheering your team to pull out the victory."

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Da Hype Iz Real @ 05/25/11 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
Wait, you want coaches to ultimately be able to develop their players 4-5 pts a year. That's 16-20 pts a career, and you end up with rosters we have now (which I think it too overrated).
Well that would make recruiting 3 star and lower prospects a more viable option when you don''t need starters right then.

# 122 TheBrothers24 @ 05/25/11 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hype Iz Real
Well that would make recruiting 3 star and lower prospects a more viable option when you don''t need starters right then.
That also makes every team who gets the first few crops of good recruits a super team once they all progress. Yes, those 3 star and under players will get to progress to high 80's or 90's ovr by the end of their careers but those 5/6 star prestige teams will have backups who will be 95's or better during that same time span.

# 123 dan_457 @ 05/25/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
Wait, you want coaches to ultimately be able to develop their players 4-5 pts a year. That's 16-20 pts a career, and you end up with rosters we have now (which I think it too overrated).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
That also makes every team who gets the first few crops of good recruits a super team once they all progress. Yes, those 3 star and under players will get to progress to high 80's or 90's ovr by the end of their careers but those 5/6 star prestige teams will have backups who will be 95's or better during that same time span.
We already saw what happened when they tried to stretch ratings, it backfired and blew up in their face. They need to leave it as is, they game plays on and off the field better with the higher ratings, overrated or not.

# 124 N51_rob @ 05/25/11 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
We already saw what happened when they tried to stretch ratings, it backfired and blew up in their face. They need to leave it as is, they game plays on and off the field better with the higher ratings, overrated or not.
Somewhere there is a balance to raitings. Stretched was a great idea just poorly implemented.

I would also like to see the star raiting change through the recruting process. Like in "Meat Market" guys who are only being recruited by for example Western Kentucky might only be a 2 star, but once LSU or Alabama become interested hr magically is a 4 star. That'd how recruiting raitings work anyways.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

# 125 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/25/11 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777

I can't believe they are keeping the same recruiting game. It's unrealistic, there shouldn't be random subjects. If it's random it should either be because...

1) The recruit chose that subject (so he obviously has interest in that pitch)

2) The coach chooses it (which is the gamble to see if the recruit is interested in the pitch)

It makes no sense that there would be a random pitch chosen when both the pitch for the school is poor AND the recruit has no interest. Anyone else agree?
Recruiting as a whole in this game is fairly unrealistic. What the slot-machine system adds is a game within the game, preventing the player from spamming the most pitches. So this is essentially a balancing act to keep some schools in check, rather than allow a team to spam its A's.

If you can come up with a system that is both realistic and balanced then I am all...well, eyes i guess.

# 126 TracerBullet @ 05/25/11 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pitt
Wassup fellas. Sorry if this has been answered (I haven't seen it anywhere) but I had two questions regarding the Coaching Carousel feature.

1. Can you move between Coordinator and HC back to Coordinator etc or do you go from Coordinator to HC and then you can only be a HC from that point on. For example, is the following sequence possible in the game:

Start as OC of Bowling Green
Promoted to HC of Miami (OH)
Take OC job at Iowa
Take HC job at Indiana

Its probably a stupid question and I'm accuming this is possible but just wanted to confirm.

2. In an Online Dynasty, if the owners are both Coordinators and scheduled to play each other, do you still only control your side of the ball in a user/user game or will you be able to control both aspects even if you are a coordinator?
1. Yes you can. I'm pretty sure they mentioned it before.

2. You control both sides against a User no matter what.

# 127 cts @ 05/25/11 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I would also like to see the star raiting change through the recruting process. Like in "Meat Market" guys who are only being recruited by for example Western Kentucky might only be a 2 star, but once LSU or Alabama become interested hr magically is a 4 star. That'd how recruiting raitings work anyways.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
That would be pretty sweet.

# 128 Gloves 82 @ 05/26/11 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Somewhere there is a balance to raitings. Stretched was a great idea just poorly implemented.

I would also like to see the star raiting change through the recruting process. Like in "Meat Market" guys who are only being recruited by for example Western Kentucky might only be a 2 star, but once LSU or Alabama become interested hr magically is a 4 star. That'd how recruiting ratings work anyways.
Yep like a few years ago with Sheldon Richardson. He was a 4* committed to Mizzou, but when Miami became interested, he became a 5* and a top 10 recruit.

# 129 The_Wise_One @ 05/26/11 01:41 PM
this feature looks solid but is dynasty really going to be that different? custom conferences is at the beginning and coaching carousel is at the end. If recruiting hasnt changed then it will be the EXACT same structure as last year.....its getting really stale. ive been playing ncaa football less and less each year because of this. I was really hoping for a dynamite feature that changed the way I play dynasty. maybe EA will surprise me

# 130 wesglenn @ 05/29/11 06:14 PM
the carousel mode is flawed and bad, why would you choose to be an off cord and a d cord if you cant have control over the outcome, head coach mode you have control, i dont like it at all

# 131 Solidice @ 05/29/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesglenn
the carousel mode is flawed and bad, why would you choose to be an off cord and a d cord if you cant have control over the outcome, head coach mode you have control, i dont like it at all
if your the OC, you control the offense. DC you control the defense. Head Coach you control both.

# 132 ndfan1993 @ 05/30/11 09:31 AM
Well the HC position at Ohio State should immediately be open in the game.

# 133 volstopfan14 @ 05/30/11 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
Well the HC position at Ohio State should immediately be open in the game.

And all the OSU fans wanted the sweater vest in just for Tressel

# 134 yanks26ngoin @ 05/30/11 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
And all the OSU fans wanted the sweater vest in just for Tressel
I think this is great. Im loving this over here. I cannot wait until the SI report comes out later on today or this evening to see what other violations will be bought against the program. Some are speculating the reports on pay for play/pay for school pipeline, extra benefits like vacations. Maybe more car things.

Hopefully the developers can get it programmed so OSU opens right away and their coach prestige is low.

# 135 dochalladay32 @ 05/30/11 09:59 AM
Yea, I hope the sweater vest is removed just to spite the homers.

# 136 teammaxwell @ 05/30/11 10:58 AM
what a great year to add the coaching carousel!

Who's the front runner for the Ohio State opening next year?

# 137 Dbrentonbuck @ 05/30/11 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
I think this is great. Im loving this over here. I cannot wait until the SI report comes out later on today or this evening to see what other violations will be bought against the program. Some are speculating the reports on pay for play/pay for school pipeline, extra benefits like vacations. Maybe more car things.

Hopefully the developers can get it programmed so OSU opens right away and their coach prestige is low.
Not an tOSU fan, but I doubt any of that is true. What he did was bad enough. He played players he knew would not be eligible to play had he reported the violations he knew about. Basically he covered up something because he thought he had a shot to win the NC.

The rest of that is just wishful thinking of a Michigan fan lol.

# 138 CuseGirl @ 05/30/11 08:06 PM
Ok, is this coaching carousel permanently apart of the Dynasty Mode or is it separate?

# 139 Solidice @ 05/30/11 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Ok, is this coaching carousel permanently apart of the Dynasty Mode or is it separate?
It's a component of Dynasty Mode.

# 140 reedbaize @ 09/13/11 02:24 PM
Something I hadn't seen mentioned and that I was curious about: As HC of a team and I in control of who I hire as my OC and DC? If I'm at Oklahoma and want Ron English as my DC, can I go out and pluck him up?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.