Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Part one can be found here for those who missed it.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 GGGswim @ 05/25/11 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Pretty disappointed that they still didn't really say much about the affects of the coaches. Yes, EA, we know coaches affect progression. Tell us how much. If it is nothing major, which I am thinking, then coaches will hardly matter.

It's also really disappointing to see a coach go from an A+ OC to an A+ HC. That makes no sense and is just another fault in the CC.

The only positive the CC brings to this years game looks to be schemes changing over time for teams. Other than that the dynasty doesn't look to be affected much by it. We have a foundation though, but I am expecting big big things next year.
Not sure if I agree here. Muschamp was certainly a high-prestige coordinator whose prestige easily carried over to his new head coaching position. Same thing with Miss. St's coach who is already being talked about for other, even higher head coaching positions.
In fact, in this day and age of multi-million dollar contracts and TV-contracts, I think more and more HC's are hired from OC/DC poistions already carrying our video-game's 'high prestige' concept. IMHO, the 'taking a chance on potential' ideal has declined as more schools are looking to not skip a beat, not wait for a new HC to mature. They want to win yesterday, not in a year or two, hence, "let's hire a high-profile HC/OC/DC."
Just my thoughts and opinions, though.

# 22 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Charlie Weis is no A+. Maybe in the NFL, but not in college.

Not up to me that's his rating in the game look it up.

# 23 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/25/11 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
I agree. HOw many A+ coaches you think there should be?
Only a handful. I would look at their NC's won in their career and their overall win/loss record. So therefore, only a handful.

# 24 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Not sure if I agree here. Muschamp was certainly a high-prestige coordinator whose prestige easily carried over to his new head coaching position. Same thing with Miss. St's coach who is already being talked about for other, even higher head coaching positions.
In fact, in this day and age of multi-million dollar contracts and TV-contracts, I think more and more HC's are hired from OC/DC poistions already carrying our video-game's 'high prestige' concept. IMHO, the 'taking a chance on potential' ideal has declined as more schools are looking to not skip a beat, not wait for a new HC to mature. They want to win yesterday, not in a year or two, hence, "let's hire a high-profile HC/OC/DC."
Just my thoughts and opinions, though.

Dabo Swinney was an A+ WR coach, why did his prestige drop to a C+ then?

# 25 jello1717 @ 05/25/11 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaporub83
Why would prestige change? Think of it this way Monte Kiffin is a DC at USC if he became a Head coach does he all of a sudden become less prestigious. That wouldn't make sense. If it was an experience rating tied to this stuff that would be the one that should change if your position changes.
I think the prestige should change. Charlie Weiss should be an A+ OC without a doubt, but if he gets another HC job, he shouldn't be an A+ HC.

On another note, I found it interesting that NCSt signed their OC, but he wasn't one of their top 3 candidates. If they were considering him, then I think he should've been in the top 3.

# 26 theharbinater @ 05/25/11 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikolec
Looks like a fun addition to the game. In my opinion, they had way too many OC, DC, and HC's with A+ ratings but that is the beauty of being able to edit coaches. I think that there should be a few A+ ratings and that it should vary all the way down. Is anybody considering creating coaches? If so, what is your plan for different coaches? Might be a good idea to create a google doc to start some discussion about various coaches and what their prestige should be...
already on it, hit link

btw, need help uploading excel spreadsheet so others can see and tweak it

has hc, oc and dc for all schools, plus a rating system based on win%, conf win%, bowls, etc.

link

# 27 Gosens6 @ 05/25/11 01:14 PM
The OC from Hawaii was hired as an A+ head coach at Ball State toward the end of the video. Looks like Ball State is getting a huge boost in progression and recruiting going from a D+ coach to an A+..

I don't know how realistic that is though, hopefully it plays out well in game.

# 28 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
The OC from Hawaii was hired as an A+ head coach at Ball State toward the end of the video. Looks like Ball State is getting a huge boost in progression and recruiting going from a D+ coach to an A+..

I don't know how realistic that is though, hopefully it plays out well in game.

Yeh, I mean this might not even mean anything right now maybe the prestige drops at the start of the season? But it would seem like they would go ahead and change it after they are hired.

# 29 blkrptnt819 @ 05/25/11 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo Bowl
I agree. HOw many A+ coaches you think there should be?
Absolute max of 10. And in real life that many don't exist. I can think of 5 or 6. Saban, Meyer, Tressel, Brown, Stoops and I might throw Miles in there. No way Patterson or Peterson is.

# 30 BenGerman @ 05/25/11 01:22 PM
Very cool. I love the little contacting coach thing they do during the carousel.

The only gripe I have, is it seemed like half the coaches have A+ Prestige. If that is the case, then 5 years down the road, everyone will have A+ prestige coaches. Its possible that when someone releases a Coaching set on the roster share that it could be fixed.

# 31 BenGerman @ 05/25/11 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Absolute max of 10. And in real life that many don't exist. I can think of 5 or 6. Saban, Meyer, Tressel, Brown, Stoops and I might throw Miles in there. No way Patterson or Peterson is.
I agree. Add Joe Paterno to that list, and you're good. No more than 10 HC's at a time should ever have an A+ rating. But like I said, it seems as if this is something that could be fixed through editing the Coaches.

# 32 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819

Yeh the thing about the prestige that's such a big deal is if it doesn't drop after an OC is hired we are going to have like 20 HCs with A+ prestige. Also why would any teams have a C rated HC when they have an A+ OC or DC. I hate to jump to the conclusion that this is the way it is going to be because no one has mentioned it yet in the videos or blogs.

# 33 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/25/11 01:27 PM
Yeah to me even 10 A+ coaches is too high. It shouldn't be more then 5 A+ coaches, a dozen A coaches, with most of the coaches in the B and C range. Then the schools who always have bad records, should be in the D range.

That would be more realistic and more importantly make dynasty last longer. If you have too many A and A+ coaches, you going to end up seeing the same schools always in the top 25 for the 1st 6 or 8 years of dynasty.

Got to leave room for coaches to actually progress.

# 34 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/25/11 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Yeh the thing about the prestige that's such a big deal is if it doesn't drop after an OC is hired we are going to have like 20 HCs with A+ prestige. Also why would any teams have a C rated HC when they have an A+ OC or DC. I hate to jump to the conclusion that this is the way it is going to be because no one has mentioned it yet in the videos or blogs.
Not like that never happened in the NFL with several teams before. Is not Mark Martz a better coach then Lovie Smith ?

# 35 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 01:30 PM
Quote:
Yeah to me even 10 A+ coaches is too high. It shouldn't be more then 5 A+ coaches, a dozen A coaches, with most of the coaches in the B and C range. Then the schools who always have bad records, should be in the D range.

That would be more realistic and more importantly make dynasty last longer. If you have too many A and A+ coaches, you going to end up seeing the same schools always in the top 25 for the 1st 6 or 8 years of dynasty.

Yep I agree becoming an A+ HC should be a lot of work. This is why needed *cough* ratings *cough*.

# 36 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 01:33 PM
Quote:
Not like that never happened in the NFL with several teams before. Is not Mark Martz a better coach then Lovie Smith ?

# 37 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 01:37 PM
Quote:

Ok, ok I will say this some OC/DC's choose to be that because they don't want to be a HC. But what we are seeing here is still an OC at NC State (Bible, who has a lot of experience) now I think that his prestige is fine as an OC, but being a HC is a whole different animal.

# 38 theharbinater @ 05/25/11 01:39 PM
Quote:

that's how my system is. at least the initial ratings. once you progress into the season, since there is no editing, whatever happens, happens.

but here's a link (again, i know, shameless. trying to get discussion on this in one place) to my thread on it.

and another link to the google doc i just created and added to that thread.

# 39 canes21 @ 05/25/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
If CC bothers you this much then you don't need to buy NCAA '12 and need to stop posting and reading all the info the second it comes on.
I'm sorry that me not liking the CC bothers you so much. This forum is supposed to be used for discussions . We are in the NCAA 12 Boards and in the topic about the Coaching Carousel, so thats what I will talk about. Since I do not like how EA has implemented the CC, then I am going to be negative towards it i my posts.

I don't understand why everyone jumps on me for wanting a better CC, but no one jumped on me for liking their improvements to defense, but still criticizing it. Am I not allowed to dislike the CC?

# 40 Tecmo Bowl @ 05/25/11 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I agree. Add Joe Paterno to that list, and you're good. No more than 10 HC's at a time should ever have an A+ rating. But like I said, it seems as if this is something that could be fixed through editing the Coaches.
Disagree with JoePa. He should be like Spurrier and be an A tho. Not A+ cause he hasn't done anything in a while.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.