Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Part one can be found here for those who missed it.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kevj349 @ 05/25/11 02:39 PM
I'm curious as to how they would put ratings in for coaches. I mean think about it. How does the OC and DC ratings matter if the HC has O and D ratings? It kinda eliminates them from the equation. Same goes vice versa. If the OC and DC have ratings then the HC ratings don't matter.

On a slightly different note how in the world do you know what the defense ratings are for an OC? This is important because what if he gets a HC job? Ratings would be great, but there really isn't any way to come up with the ratings. If we as a community come up with a good way to create ratings maybe they could take a look for next year. Thoughts?

# 62 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 02:40 PM
So is this the only info being released today or is there more coming later?

# 63 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
I'm curious as to how they would put ratings in for coaches. I mean think about it. How does the OC and DC ratings matter if the HC has O and D ratings? It kinda eliminates them from the equation. Same goes vice versa. If the OC and DC have ratings then the HC ratings don't matter.

On a slightly different note how in the world do you know what the defense ratings are for an OC? This is important because what if he gets a HC job? Ratings would be great, but there really isn't any way to come up with the ratings. If we as a community come up with a good way to create ratings maybe they could take a look for next year. Thoughts?

Yeh we just created a thread a few minutes ago on improving CC. Here's the link and we'd love to hear some ideas.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-carousel.html

# 64 Tecmo Bowl @ 05/25/11 02:45 PM
Quote:

Boom. Great post.

I would guess figuring the defense rating for an OC would be similar to how they rate players.

# 65 JalenTigh @ 05/25/11 02:51 PM
The one thing that stood out to me that I do not like is that schools were letting coaches contracts expire and then rehiring them... those should not show up as openings in the carousel screen. That almost never happens in real life.. In real life a coach is usually extended before his contract is up or fired before it is up, but hardly ever goes to the end of his contract before signing a new one with the same school.

# 66 dan_457 @ 05/25/11 02:52 PM
Quote:

Maybe it would be a 50/50 spit in terms of impact. Basically a Head coaches offensive rating could impact the offense at the same time as the OC. Say you're HC has an offensive rating of B- while you OC has an A rating, They could balance each other out, or just have a shared bonus. There's a lot of possibility here.

# 67 sparkdawg777 @ 05/25/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
Maybe it would be a 50/50 spit in terms of impact. Basically a Head coaches offensive rating could impact the offense at the same time as the OC. Say you're HC has an offensive rating of B- while you OC has an A rating, They could balance each other out, or just have a shared bonus. There's a lot of possibility here.

Yeh I thought this was going to be how it would work, but if it is that's no good that we can't hire/fire OC/DCs.

# 68 nolesfan3 @ 05/25/11 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
The one thing that stood out to me that I do not like is that schools were letting coaches contracts expire and then rehiring them... those should not show up as openings in the carousel screen. That almost never happens in real life.. In real life a coach is usually extended before his contract is up or fired before it is up, but hardly ever goes to the end of his contract before signing a new one with the same school.
I didn't like that either. When I first saw the Nevada needed a new coach after going 11-2 and their old coach was A+, I just assumed he got hired for a better job, but when he resigned to Nevada, it just kinda seemed pointless to me

# 69 kevj349 @ 05/25/11 03:11 PM
Has anybody had any info on how long it takes to work your way up? If I meet all my goals every season how long would it take to climb from a 1 star OC to say HC at OSU? I love how it sounds but I hope it takes a while to get up that high.

# 70 nyj721 @ 05/25/11 03:12 PM
I think that the hc should choose how much of a split he and the coordinators have. for example if a dc get a hc job but has no offensive skills, he can differ the offense 100% to the oc. also if the current dc at the new job sucks the hc can take full responsibility and be the dc and the hc.

# 71 brza37 @ 05/25/11 03:13 PM
Quote:

Play College Hoops 2k8 or even Head Coach 09. There are templates out there for how to make coach ratings matter for HC as well as coordinators and even position coaches. I doubt it will be easy for EA to program but I hope they will follow up with big improvements to CC next year and not leave us waiting years for the next step.

# 72 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/25/11 04:08 PM
Quote:
Has anybody had any info on how long it takes to work your way up? If I meet all my goals every season how long would it take to climb from a 1 star OC to say HC at OSU? I love how it sounds but I hope it takes a while to get up that high.
"In a sim, where I started off as the Oklahoma DC; which was the 2nd best defense in the nation, it still took me six season to get to Nebraska."

From: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...Carousel/page2

So I'm thinking starting out at an even lower level will take about the same time or a little longer.

# 73 Jeff George @ 05/25/11 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Absolute max of 10. And in real life that many don't exist. I can think of 5 or 6. Saban, Meyer, Tressel, Brown, Stoops and I might throw Miles in there. No way Patterson or Peterson is.
Another school of thought would suggest that it takes considerable coaching prowess to win 10+ games per year and BCS bowl games without the benefit of any four- or five-star recruits. Not that I'm going to argue the arbitrary ratings of fictional head coaches...

Gives me an idea for a poll question... Dennis Erickson and Howard Schnellenberger each have one national title. Should they have <, >, or = the prestige of Frank Beamer, with no national titles but almost 200 wins?

# 74 SoulAssassin @ 05/25/11 04:28 PM
Nice addition for offline dynasty but nothing exceptional.

# 75 RayAllen20 @ 05/25/11 04:40 PM
Has it been said that we can edit coach's prestige ratings? If not, then I will be very upset, but if we can edit them and the coordinators that'd be fantastic!

Also, I'm hoping those coordinators' prestige changes later after they become a head coach. If not, then we really really need to be able to edit the rating.

# 76 hurricanefootball4 @ 05/25/11 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
"In a sim, where I started off as the Oklahoma DC; which was the 2nd best defense in the nation, it still took me six season to get to Nebraska."
I saw a guy on there too talk about how Texas had a 5-7 season or something and they fired their coach. I've been wondering how carousel will work with 6 star schools or if they will always just have A+ coaches and amazing seasons but from what I've heard so far there will be up and down season.

Which is EXACTLY what I was looking for from coaching carousel.

I don't think we've even realized all the ways this will change our enjoyment and how we play dynasty mode.

# 77 Knight9299 @ 05/25/11 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatus
it looks like a lot of fun now letīs hope for better CPU recruiting logic!!!
Has this issue been addressed?

# 78 jmik58 @ 05/25/11 05:29 PM
Awesome.

They could make a game consisting of nothing but dynasty with recruiting and coaching carousel and I'd be in love.

# 79 mmorg @ 05/25/11 05:43 PM
Each coach really needs to have a coaching profile tied to their playbooks. A Spread playbook will look for balanced QBs, whereas a Pro system or West Coast will look for Pocket Passers. This probably isn't in, but needs to be in next year.

# 80 Lavar @ 05/25/11 05:56 PM
This whole prestige thing is already causing problems. Some points other people made do make for good reading , like the Mike Martz point , while he maybe a A/A+ OC and Lovie Smith maybe a B/B+ HC , would Martz take a prestige drop if he was made HC ?

Also high prestige coaches shouldn't have to much power , it shouldn't be guaranteed they have good seasons and good recruiting classes year in and year out. If that was the case Booby Bowden would still be there , he was a highly respected coach (high prestige) but his last few years were average.
The above can hold true with Joe Paterno , a highly respected coach and long termer but that doesn't grant you a good recruit class every year or even being a Big Ten contender.

And how would you rate someone like Chris Petersen while he is clearly a highly talented coach and OC , how would you rate his prestige ? Since Boise st ain't getting the best recruits but this is linked into the college prestige, yet they keep winning.

While I offer no solutions this whole prestige thing gets you thinking.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.