Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Kotaku's Owen Good chimes in with some of his thoughts surrounding the latest micro-transactions to make their way into NCAA Football 12.

Quote:
There may not be any optimal time to tell gamers about all the microtransactions and DLC for which they can expect to pay extra in an upcoming release. But the official reveal of a game's main features -- the stuff folks expect to come with the $59.99 retail price -- would probably be the least optimal.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 421 poopoop @ 06/04/11 08:23 AM
When EA says you have to preorder from a specific store to get all the content it doesn't cost you extra money but it does prevent you from getting the best deal you can find. I'm sure on release day you'd be able to get the game new for less than $59.99 from some where. Or you'd get something else that'd effectively make the game cheaper. Also puts you in a tough spot if you have gift cards from other stores or something.

Pre-order "bonuses" are wack. Especially when the bonus is you get uniforms, how'd we get to the point that uniforms are a bonus and not a standard inclusion anyway. You buy the game new it should be exactly the same no matter what store you chose. I guess someone will say "oh it's not EA's fault everybody does it!" or "that's just the way games are nowadays!" Only because we tolerate, encourage and support it.

# 422 NDAlum @ 06/04/11 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

his point is pretty clear is it not?
I thought it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
When EA says you have to preorder from a specific store to get all the content it doesn't cost you extra money but it does prevent you from getting the best deal you can find. I'm sure on release day you'd be able to get the game new for less than $59.99 from some where. Or you'd get something else that'd effectively make the game cheaper. Also puts you in a tough spot if you have gift cards from other stores or something.

Pre-order "bonuses" are wack. Especially when the bonus is you get uniforms, how'd we get to the point that uniforms are a bonus and not a standard inclusion anyway. You buy the game new it should be exactly the same no matter what store you chose. I guess someone will say "oh it's not EA's fault everybody does it!" or "that's just the way games are nowadays!" Only because we tolerate, encourage and support it.
Are you a 360 owner and do you use that for NCAA?

# 423 ODogg @ 06/04/11 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
If you are paying an extra $5 dollars to preorder you are doing it wrong.
LOL, it's amazing to me so many people have this silly misconception about pre-ordering...*shakes head*

# 424 ODogg @ 06/04/11 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
LOL!!! I was thinking the same thing. Yeah, Family Fun Football is a real viable alternative to an actual college football simulation. I can't believe he had the audacity to say those were the "alternative" choices.
It's still football games, may not be what you're looking for but others obviously buy them.

# 425 ODogg @ 06/04/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
playing these games online is a lag fest, so i'll never try online anything with this game.
You must have a poor connection, I play sports games all the time online and usually have no issues with lag. Usually any issues with lag is just in the first week or so when everyone hits their servers all at once. After that, no problems.

# 426 ODogg @ 06/04/11 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop

Hey man, we actually do agree on something. I 100% agree, this pre-ordering stuff should only occur *IF* like say a month later all the pre-order stuff is released as DLC that is free.

# 427 NDFan1029 @ 06/04/11 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What??

It was pretty easy to understand. The game is developed in Canada. Since hockey is THE sport in Canada, the developers for that game are gonna make sure everything is a true-to-life as possible. Have you seen the NHL games? They blow away every other game EA makes.

And to correct a previous mistake, I got "reserve" and "pre-order" mixed up.

# 428 kehlis @ 06/04/11 09:44 PM
Quote:
No you didn't. If you are paying extra for either, you are still doing it wrong...

They are the same thing...

# 429 N51_rob @ 06/05/11 02:43 PM
Quote:
It was pretty easy to understand. The game is developed in Canada. Since hockey is THE sport in Canada, the developers for that game are gonna make sure everything is a true-to-life as possible. Have you seen the NHL games? They blow away every other game EA makes.

Guess you've never played FIFA.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

# 430 NDFan1029 @ 06/06/11 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No you didn't. If you are paying extra for either, you are still doing it wrong...

They are the same thing...
Where I buy my games, they charge you money to reserve the game (obviously for the convenience of having your own copy of the game before it sells out). How do you figure it doesn't cost you any extra to reserve a copy? Do you think they just do it for free? Then everyone would do it. I'm talking about the cost to reserve the game in addition to paying the regular price when it comes out.

# 431 Dame @ 06/06/11 07:58 AM
Quote:
Where I buy my games, they charge you money to reserve the game (obviously for the convenience of having your own copy of the game before it sells out). How do you figure it doesn't cost you any extra to reserve a copy? Do you think they just do it for free? Then everyone would do it. I'm talking about the cost to reserve the game in addition to paying the regular price when it comes out.
if you getting taxed an extra 5 dollars to reserve or preorder any game you are doing it wrong and it does not cost any extra to reserve a copy.

# 432 roadman @ 06/06/11 08:47 AM
Quote:
I don't want to shop where you do.

It still cost me $62 and some change whether I pre-order a new game or not. If I pre-order a game, it should be $5.00 less than the $62 and some change total sales. So, I should be paying around $57 and some change when I pick up the game.

If the store you reserve your games for are charging you $67 and some change for the total bill, they have you hook, line and sinker and are over charging.

# 433 jeremym480 @ 06/06/11 09:33 AM
Quote:
Yes they do it for free.

If this story is true then, you're getting ripped off.

Pre-Order's & Reserves are the same thing. Most of the time when I pre-order a game it's from Game Stop. The only time I pre-order and don't pay full price is if I some left over $$$ from a trade-in. Otherwise, I play in full (which is $59.99 +tax) every-time, no exceptions.

# 434 Brandwin @ 06/06/11 11:30 AM
Quote:

Wow, they are ripping you off then. $5 reserve/preorder is taking off the retail price, you are not paying an additional $5 to reserve/preorder the game.

Everyone doesn't do it, because a lot of people feel it's pointless. You can walk into any store on release day and get the game you are wanting.

Some people do it so they can do midnight releases or get the extra preorder bonus content.

# 435 NDFan1029 @ 06/06/11 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Wow, they are ripping you off then. $5 reserve/preorder is taking off the retail price, you are not paying an additional $5 to reserve/preorder the game.

Everyone doesn't do it, because a lot of people feel it's pointless. You can walk into any store on release day and get the game you are wanting.

Some people do it so they can do midnight releases or get the extra preorder bonus content.
OK, I got it now. I didn't know they cut the $5 for pre-order off the total cost, all they say is "Would you like to pre-order for $5?", so I didn't know. Shame on me for getting it mixed up. I know the way I said it made it sound like I always reserve games but I never do, lol.

# 436 ODogg @ 06/08/11 12:26 AM
Quote:
Sorry to break it to you man but you've been getting ripped off. Amazon.com is your new friend.

# 437 ODogg @ 06/08/11 12:28 AM
Quote:
OK, I got it now. I didn't know they cut the $5 for pre-order off the total cost, all they say is "Would you like to pre-order for $5?", so I didn't know. Shame on me for getting it mixed up. I know the way I said it made it sound like I always reserve games but I never do, lol.
Don't feel bad, you're not the first to get confused about that, I hear it a LOT from folks I know..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.