Home
Madden 12 News Post

Check out the hi-res Madden NFL 12 screenshot of uniform degradation, as the Arizona Cardinals battle the Carolina Panthers. Brought to you by Michael Young, Madden NFL Art Director.

To see more Madden NFL 12 screenshots, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TDKing @ 05/26/11 06:31 PM
Nice, hope it works right out of the box, but what I'd like to see, is weather actually effecting gameplay. I want to have to alter my gameplan because its raining, snowing or windy. Weather needs to mean more than just dirty uniforms and a different field color. I sure hope weather impacts gameplay this year.

# 2 bigstud23lb @ 05/26/11 06:44 PM
it wont we all know that maybe next year

# 3 MrSkagTrendy @ 05/26/11 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Nice, hope it works right out of the box, but what I'd like to see, is weather actually effecting gameplay. I want to have to alter my gameplan because its raining, snowing or windy. Weather needs to mean more than just dirty uniforms and a different field color. I sure hope weather impacts gameplay this year.
They made a start last year with QBs and WRs slipping in the snow and the rain, but you're right...I wan't to see more. I wanna see botched snaps, botched handoffs, balls clanging off the hands, I wanna see players find it harder to change direction in the rain and snow, and I wanna see the QB lose control of the ball from time to time.

# 4 illwill10 @ 05/26/11 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
They made a start last year with QBs and WRs slipping in the snow and the rain, but you're right...I wan't to see more. I wanna see botched snaps, botched handoffs, balls clanging off the hands, I wanna see players find it harder to change direction in the rain and snow, and I wanna see the QB lose control of the ball from time to time.
Yes. But at a realistic rate though

# 5 hoop xyience @ 05/26/11 07:06 PM
Damn madden is finally starting yo look like the screens and videos back from 05...the Eagles & Giants teaser when it was raining

# 6 jpdavis82 @ 05/26/11 07:09 PM
This looks photo realistic, lighting, uniform degradation, really adds a lot.

# 7 K_GUN @ 05/26/11 07:15 PM
that smaller football looks good too

# 8 chen_sc @ 05/26/11 07:24 PM
when will we see also rain drops falling off the helmet? that would be super-realistic

# 9 titan23 @ 05/26/11 08:12 PM
We won't see that till next generation consoles. The ones after the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The rain drops fallings off helmets, and jerseys swaying with the wind realistically, same with towels flowing while running is just too much for the current gen system to handle. Imagine having all 24 players or whatever on the field having each indiviual rain drop falling off their helmet, or each article of clothing swaying and moving realistically with momentum or the wind. That is so much going on at one time, that the current gen consoles have no chance.

So hopefully next gen consoles can handle that. I doubt we'll need to wait two more generations.

# 10 Madwolf @ 05/26/11 08:15 PM
Great screen except for the fact that Brayton isn't going to start over Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson. May be he was playing DT in a pass rush situation though?

# 11 Jakeness23 @ 05/26/11 08:50 PM
I think I do see a couple little drops coming off of Anderson's helmet.. you gotta really look at the high res version

# 12 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/26/11 08:53 PM
Man the photo looks great. As a panther fan I'm loving it right now. But as I look at Anderson arm. His arm looks skinny as a toothpick. But other then that the photo looks so real and life like. Thanks alot for posting it.

# 13 DickDalewood @ 05/26/11 09:11 PM
Looks fantastic

# 14 CatMan72 @ 05/26/11 09:11 PM
Looks great, especially love the fact that they carried over the fix to the Panthers shoulder stripes from M11 to M12 (was worried that would regress) and they increased the size of the Panthers numbers.

Can't wait to get my hands on this game after everything I've seen and heard about it so far.

# 15 canes21 @ 05/26/11 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan23
We won't see that till next generation consoles. The ones after the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The rain drops fallings off helmets, and jerseys swaying with the wind realistically, same with towels flowing while running is just too much for the current gen system to handle. Imagine having all 24 players or whatever on the field having each indiviual rain drop falling off their helmet, or each article of clothing swaying and moving realistically with momentum or the wind. That is so much going on at one time, that the current gen consoles have no chance.

So hopefully next gen consoles can handle that. I doubt we'll need to wait two more generations.
Towels already move in the game when players are moving. Or am I Misunderstanding you?

# 16 ODogg @ 05/26/11 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Not only this above but we also need VARIABLE weather in the game as well..you know, like how in real life it is??? Weather is not often consistent from a game's start to finish so neither should it be in our little videogame football world..

# 17 Senator Palmer @ 05/26/11 10:02 PM
The pic looks good, but it highlights something has irked me for a while -- quarterback throwing motions. This one is way too long. DA actually has a pretty nice, compact stroke. It never gets down near his waist like it is in the pic, in fact, the ball never gets below his numbers.

A little look a him as a Brown.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...son-highlights

# 18 canes21 @ 05/26/11 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Not only this above but we also need VARIABLE weather in the game as well..you know, like how in real life it is??? Weather is not often consistent from a game's start to finish so neither should it be in our little videogame football world..
I wouldn't be surprised to see that in Madden/NCAA 13 honestly. We had it last generation and we now have the progressive lighting that actually goes on through the game, not abruptly after each quarter.

I think/hope EA does add it next year, even if it starts out like progressive lighting was in NCAA. If it rains an entire quarter, then is sunny the next, I will be happy for that year, but I'd expect the next year to have it change at any time during the game.

# 19 radatdude2 @ 05/26/11 10:19 PM
good job Mike the screen shot looks really good, the player proportions and football size are adding a lot to realism.

# 20 da ThRONe @ 05/26/11 11:11 PM
I'm truly blown away by the player model! It's the best I have ever seen in any videogame before.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.