Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

EA SPORTS revealed today the official pack art for Madden NFL 12, featuring Cleveland Browns running back, Peyton Hillis on the cover. Hillis was chosen by fans as the Madden NFL 12 cover athlete through a five week voting campaign anchored by ESPN SportsNation. The Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote was the most successful fan engagement campaign in EA and ESPN history with more than 12 million votes in total.

For the first time in franchise history, EA SPORTS invited fans and media to take part in the live cover shoot of Madden NFL 12. A staged set was built on Military Island in the heart of Times Square, on Thursday, April 28th, hosting both football fans and media alike.

EA SPORTS also announced today the limited Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition, featuring former St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk on the cover. Available on August 30th for the retail price of $89.99, a limited run of 125,000 copies of the Hall of Fame Edition will be available exclusively in the United States* for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360®. Marshall Faulk will be the first Madden NFL cover athlete to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame later this year. The limited Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition will include:

· Premium bronze, foil embossed cover featuring Marshall Faulk

· Full version of Madden NFL 12 video game

· Autographed Panini Card – Madden NFL and Panini, the world leader in published collectables, have teamed up to create the ultimate Madden NFL trading card featuring 2011 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, Marshall Faulk. Each copy of the Hall of Fame Edition will include one of four exclusive Marshall Faulk trading cards, each hand-signed by Faulk. One solid, 18k gold autographed card will be randomly inserted into one Xbox 360® and one PlayStation®3 copy of the Hall of Fame Edition. The lucky recipients of these two cards will have one of the most valuable cards in Panini history.

· Exclusive Madden Ultimate Team Platinum Pack –The perfect combination of Madden NFL, fantasy football, and trading cards comes to life in Madden NFL Ultimate Team. The Hall of Fame Edition provides a Madden Ultimate Team experience like never before with the most prestigious Platinum Pack yet, featuring a combination of 13 NFL Hall of Famers and former Madden NFL cover athletes, including: Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Rod Woodson, Eddie George, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Ray Lewis, Shaun Alexander, Vince Young, Larry Fitzgerald, Troy Polamalu and Drew Brees. All cards feature ratings from each player’s most productive season in the NFL and are fully renewable with contract extensions, which is sure to make them some of the most sought after cards in Ultimate Team history.

*The Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition is only for sale in the United States.

Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jfsolo @ 05/31/11 12:17 PM
Quote:
Marshall Faulk will be the first Madden NFL cover athlete to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame later this year
This is why he was chosen.

# 22 kjcheezhead @ 05/31/11 12:28 PM
Weren't they going to allow fans to vote for the pose Peyton was shot in?

I think both these covers are fugly, sorry Browns fans but even when you win, you still lose.

As for Faulk, they should've just bronzed the original cover, I think that was a better shot.

# 23 BlackJack_Williams @ 05/31/11 12:34 PM
Cool but no thanks. $90 for nothing that adds true value to the game.

# 24 Gosens6 @ 05/31/11 12:39 PM
$90 for that? Sorry but a lot of people will be passing on that.

The Hillis cover looks just fine to me, I don't see why everyone is hating on it.

# 25 kingkilla56 @ 05/31/11 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This is why he was chosen.
Ok. Still seems lackadaisical to me.

# 26 Keenan G. @ 05/31/11 12:52 PM
90 dollars for the HOF edition? C'mon EA. Really?

# 27 poopoop @ 05/31/11 12:55 PM
They're putting a solid gold card in one of the copies? Wow just like Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I'm in.

# 28 SouthernBrick @ 05/31/11 01:14 PM
It's ok. Could be better.

Not really diggin' all to much.

# 29 gohogs141 @ 05/31/11 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
Peyton's helmet looks disgusting. He really wears that on gameday? No.
I think he wears it because it makes him look like a bulldog...since he plays for the browns

# 30 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/31/11 01:50 PM
Well right now I'm thinking real hard about it and all. Is it worth the extra 30?? Might be and then again it might not. I will think on it for a while before going after it.

# 31 Von Dozier @ 05/31/11 01:52 PM
Hillis cover looks weird. Something is awkward about that pose and his oddly sad eyes looking at the camera.

Faulk looks like he's made out of chocolate.

# 32 Tengo Juego @ 05/31/11 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
Peyton's helmet looks disgusting. He really wears that on gameday? No.
He sure does wear it...

# 33 falconfansince81 @ 05/31/11 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
He sure does wear it...

someones about to get ball tapped...

i still like that pic of hillis more so than the studio one

# 34 Lava @ 05/31/11 02:31 PM
They expect people to believe that Marshall Faulk hand-signed each of the 125k cards for the HOF Edition?

Please.

# 35 mirrored32 @ 05/31/11 02:35 PM
custom cover here i go. Aaron Rodgers. He Earned it.

# 36 TrapStar215 @ 05/31/11 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava
They expect people to believe that Marshall Faulk hand-signed each of the 125k cards for the HOF Edition?

Please.
You're kidding me, right?

# 37 aloncho11 @ 05/31/11 02:51 PM
Personally, I like the original cover more than the Hall of fame edition.

# 38 TDenverFan @ 05/31/11 02:57 PM
What's the team platinum pack? I don'd get it from the description...

# 39 TDenverFan @ 05/31/11 02:57 PM
Also I bet Faulk did sign all of those cards... it's not really that hard, seeing as one signature takes 3-4 seconds

# 40 TrapStar215 @ 05/31/11 03:01 PM
He didn't sign ANY! He sign his sig, they scanned it and printed it on the cover.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.