Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

EA SPORTS revealed today the official pack art for Madden NFL 12, featuring Cleveland Browns running back, Peyton Hillis on the cover. Hillis was chosen by fans as the Madden NFL 12 cover athlete through a five week voting campaign anchored by ESPN SportsNation. The Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote was the most successful fan engagement campaign in EA and ESPN history with more than 12 million votes in total.

For the first time in franchise history, EA SPORTS invited fans and media to take part in the live cover shoot of Madden NFL 12. A staged set was built on Military Island in the heart of Times Square, on Thursday, April 28th, hosting both football fans and media alike.

EA SPORTS also announced today the limited Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition, featuring former St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk on the cover. Available on August 30th for the retail price of $89.99, a limited run of 125,000 copies of the Hall of Fame Edition will be available exclusively in the United States* for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360®. Marshall Faulk will be the first Madden NFL cover athlete to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame later this year. The limited Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition will include:

· Premium bronze, foil embossed cover featuring Marshall Faulk

· Full version of Madden NFL 12 video game

· Autographed Panini Card – Madden NFL and Panini, the world leader in published collectables, have teamed up to create the ultimate Madden NFL trading card featuring 2011 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee, Marshall Faulk. Each copy of the Hall of Fame Edition will include one of four exclusive Marshall Faulk trading cards, each hand-signed by Faulk. One solid, 18k gold autographed card will be randomly inserted into one Xbox 360® and one PlayStation®3 copy of the Hall of Fame Edition. The lucky recipients of these two cards will have one of the most valuable cards in Panini history.

· Exclusive Madden Ultimate Team Platinum Pack –The perfect combination of Madden NFL, fantasy football, and trading cards comes to life in Madden NFL Ultimate Team. The Hall of Fame Edition provides a Madden Ultimate Team experience like never before with the most prestigious Platinum Pack yet, featuring a combination of 13 NFL Hall of Famers and former Madden NFL cover athletes, including: Marshall Faulk, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Rod Woodson, Eddie George, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Ray Lewis, Shaun Alexander, Vince Young, Larry Fitzgerald, Troy Polamalu and Drew Brees. All cards feature ratings from each player’s most productive season in the NFL and are fully renewable with contract extensions, which is sure to make them some of the most sought after cards in Ultimate Team history.

*The Madden NFL 12 Hall of Fame Edition is only for sale in the United States.

Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 12 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 blklightning @ 06/01/11 01:16 AM
marshall faulk signed 125,000 cards for this game? i don't think so.

# 62 jconpoet @ 06/01/11 01:18 AM
the plot thickens... I think the anti-Hillis people that want Madden might be tempted to fork over $90 instead of $60. I'm on the fence as the only reason I got the special 20th anniversary Madden was so I didn't have to wait for the retail version or for the PlayStation Store to sale NFL Head Coach 09 by itself... I liked Head Coach but never really got into it and ended up parting with both games after a few months... I'm more of a baseball guy so The Show always takes away from other gaming

# 63 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/01/11 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
He didn't sign ANY! He sign his sig, they scanned it and printed it on the cover.
It was already confirmed on EA facebook page by a EA personal that Marshall Faulk did sign everyone of them. I can't make people believe in what I read and say. But I'm sure he did sign everyone of them over a time period.

# 64 wolvesjr34 @ 06/01/11 03:28 AM
oh so lets discriminate against world wide customers... I def won't be getting that being an Aussie.

# 65 rckabillyRaider @ 06/01/11 04:20 AM
I'll take the regular Madden. Nothing about the HOF edition tempts me to buy it.

# 66 Aggies7 @ 06/01/11 05:11 AM
So you get a hand autographed card of Marshall Faulk. Anyone see anywhere if it comes with a COA. I'm sorry if I missed it I am at work skimming threads didn't get to read it all.

# 67 sarlndr @ 06/01/11 06:19 AM
I see what they were trying to do with the HoF cover but it just doesn't look right. It looks more like copper then bronze IMO.

The Hillis cover is ok looking I guess. I'm picking up a copy of Madden just for the fact that a player from the Browns is on the cover.

Something about his eyes just seems to draw me in, lol.

# 68 babyfat9 @ 06/01/11 07:35 AM
Cover could have been better or fans should get a vote of a few poses done by Peyton Hillis as they did for NCAA.

# 69 kingkilla56 @ 06/01/11 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconpoet
the plot thickens... I think the anti-Hillis people that want Madden might be tempted to fork over $90 instead of $60. I'm on the fence as the only reason I got the special 20th anniversary Madden was so I didn't have to wait for the retail version or for the PlayStation Store to sale NFL Head Coach 09 by itself... I liked Head Coach but never really got into it and ended up parting with both games after a few months... I'm more of a baseball guy so The Show always takes away from other gaming
Not gonna happen. The cover, even though is a joke to me, will have no bearing on my purchase. However the existence of a vapid 90 dollar edition has influenced which version I will get if I decide to do so.

# 70 mjhyankees @ 06/01/11 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
His eyes are creaping me out. They just look weird.

I don't really care about covers of games, but I like to see a Browns player getting some love. The Browns are one of the coolest, old school teams in the league. Got to love them.

Thanks alot buddy!!!! Now i can't look at the cover without noticing the eyes....and the look alittle too bambi-ish for my liking....crap.....I'll notice it every time now.....darn you!!!!!! LOL

# 71 falconfansince81 @ 06/01/11 10:33 AM
if it took him around 3 seconds to sign a card, and didn't stop to take any breaks or even hesitate between signings it would still take over 104 hours...or four and a half straight days. in a realtime work environment rate, this would probably have taken him two 40 hr. weeks @ 8 hours day. your telling me marshall faulk sat down as signed cards for that long? please...

# 72 formyhunny @ 06/01/11 10:37 AM
Why do American's always get extra goodies?
Makes a Canadian like me want to break something. Or at least drive to the border and buy the copies from the US.

# 73 Evan_OS @ 06/01/11 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
marshall faulk signed 125,000 cards for this game? i don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
if it took him around 3 seconds to sign a card, and didn't stop to take any breaks or even hesitate between signings it would still take over 104 hours...or four and a half straight days. in a realtime work environment rate, this would probably have taken him two 40 hr. weeks @ 8 hours day. your telling me marshall faulk sat down as signed cards for that long? please...
Does it even matter? If it says they were hand signed and you don't believe them, buy the HOF game, take it to someone who can confirm the signature, and if it's a fake then you can bitch.

And for people who say it would take 100+ hours, they have an ENTIRE year to make this game. 100 hours compared to a year is like a penny's value compared to a 20 dollar bill's value.

It's very sickening how nearly everything EA does, it gets bashed to hell around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
So you get a hand autographed card of Marshall Faulk. Anyone see anywhere if it comes with a COA. I'm sorry if I missed it I am at work skimming threads didn't get to read it all.
I don't think it says you get a COA, but even if you don't. You can always go spend 10 dollars and get it certified somewhere.

# 74 iBlievN5 @ 06/01/11 11:59 AM
cant believe they changed the voice of the 'in the game' guy

# 75 TarHeelPhenom @ 06/01/11 12:21 PM
I'm not paying $90 for no video game...unless it includes tickets to a real game or EVERY SINGLE feature I ever wanted in a game. That stuff they are offering up is useless to me!

# 76 kingkilla56 @ 06/01/11 12:24 PM
Im sure they will add something of value to the package after the outcry of the community. What the hell were they thinking? 30 bucks for a tin can a playing card and some ingame tokens? Give me head coach 12! lol

# 77 falconfansince81 @ 06/01/11 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
Does it even matter? If it says they were hand signed and you don't believe them, buy the HOF game, take it to someone who can confirm the signature, and if it's a fake then you can bitch.

And for people who say it would take 100+ hours, they have an ENTIRE year to make this game. 100 hours compared to a year is like a penny's value compared to a 20 dollar bill's value.

It's very sickening how nearly everything EA does, it gets bashed to hell around here.
who bashing? i'm just trying to find a way to justify it's worth, god forbid you question the marketing integrity...

i'm sorry but if they hired him for how ever many countless hours it took to sign cards so they can validate charging $90 for a foil cover instead of using his invaluable resources in designing the game i think that would be a real tragedy.

im sure some people love this idea, specially rams/faulk fans or even collectors. but as your everyday consumer i'm personally not seeing the value in it unless i'm missing something. whoever said the free NFL ticket has my vote lol, i'd be all over that! just personal preferences i guess...

# 78 sarlndr @ 06/01/11 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
cant believe they changed the voice of the 'in the game' guy
They did? Where can I hear the new voice?

# 79 NINJAK2 @ 06/01/11 04:15 PM
This may be the lousiest collector's edition game I've ever seen. For an additional $30.00 u get a football card and 13 virtual Madden cards and a shiny cover? I'll pass

# 80 Skyboxer @ 06/01/11 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
Or maybe a few a day...over a good time period.
Why did he have to sign them all in 1 sitting?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.