Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 J-Unit40 @ 06/08/11 04:48 PM
Consider me a happy camper (still). Nothing to derail my hype train.

Tackling looks solid, QB throwing motion looks a little cleaner, running animates better, better animations overall, presentation and equipment upgrades, etc. I would love to see the CPU AI in the spread option and triple option still and that is corrected then my excitement will go through the roof.

Madden is Madden. I honestly don't care what they are doing in relation to NCAA because they are two different games. I will get NCAA and play it until I fall asleep in the wee hours most nights and I will get Madden and enjoy it for what it is.

College football is where it is at for me and NCAA 12 looks like it took probably my favorite NCAA game (NCAA 11) and made it better.

I cannot wait to hunt this sucker down in July!

# 102 schumj @ 06/08/11 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Consider me a happy camper (still). Nothing to derail my hype train.

Tackling looks solid, QB throwing motion looks a little cleaner, running animates better, better animations overall, presentation and equipment upgrades, etc. I would love to see the CPU AI in the spread option and triple option still and that is corrected then my excitement will go through the roof.

Madden is Madden. I honestly don't care what they are doing in relation to NCAA because they are two different games. I will get NCAA and play it until I fall asleep in the wee hours most nights and I will get Madden and enjoy it for what it is.

College football is where it is at for me and NCAA 12 looks like it took probably my favorite NCAA game (NCAA 11) and made it better.

I cannot wait to hunt this sucker down in July!
Could not have said it better!

# 103 stevensa08 @ 06/08/11 04:51 PM
This game looks a lot better than the Iron Bowl game, better defense.

# 104 khaliib @ 06/08/11 04:54 PM
Like some things again, but they have to work on Special Teams.

ST is the most dramatic part of College Football and they've selected not to see the importance that should be directed towards this area going on the 5th year.

PAT/Punt block is Stonewalled again.

They might as well remove VT from the game, because they win many of their games through some type of Special Teams performance. (along w/their "D")

Not every team wins through their Offense.

I have now entered into the "Complaining" stage because every other method to get them to increase the effort in this are has not worked for the past 4 yrs.

BTW, has anything been mentioned on Fatigue actally meaning something, or is it in the same boat as Special Teams?

# 105 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/11 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Is the reason why the vids are only 4 minutes because of uploading time constraints or something? I would loveeeee to see a full game
They just choose to make it 4 minutes, since they only showing 1 quarter basically. Because in reality if you a partner with Youtube you can upload 1 hour long videos.

# 106 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 06:03 PM
Man I've watched these bids like 10x each. Can't wait

# 107 Bigsheen @ 06/08/11 06:11 PM
@illwill, dude you must search this stuff like its your job lol, you always post the videos here first.

# 108 illwill10 @ 06/08/11 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
@illwill, dude you must search this stuff like its your job lol, you always post the videos here first.
not really. I mostly follow alot of game stuff on Twitter. But I am fast when it comes to posting first.
It would be better if I knew how post youtube vids on IE.

# 109 mmorg @ 06/08/11 06:16 PM
That interception by the Nebraska CB is horrid. That animation absolutely sickens me. Other than that it looks ok! Will probably buy NCAA for the 4th year in a row now.

# 110 feeq14 @ 06/08/11 06:16 PM
I know its hum v hum, but is there any indication that psychic defensive playcalling is out?

# 111 moylan1234 @ 06/08/11 06:17 PM
what does that adjustments button do? i don't remember seeing that before

# 112 illwill10 @ 06/08/11 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I know its hum v hum, but is there any indication that psychic defensive playcalling is out?
I hope so it kills the fun

# 113 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
That interception by the Nebraska CB is horrid. That animation absolutely sickens me. Other than that it looks ok! Will probably buy NCAA for the 4th year in a row now.

What don't u like about it? It looks like a typical jump ball catch to me

# 114 Solidice @ 06/08/11 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
what does that adjustments button do? i don't remember seeing that before
I assume it's the gameplan stuff

# 115 mmorg @ 06/08/11 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
What don't u like about it? It looks like a typical jump ball catch to me
He floats through the air like gravity got turned off for a second, the speed at which he not only turns to face the ball, but is able to stop and start taking the ball back for the return. If the receiver's have gotten their ability to rocket catch like that taken away, how come the defense hasn't. To jump like that he needs to turn around and set his feet before jumping. If a real human tried jumping like that while running that fast he would have fallen over on his way down or had to do a lot more when returning to his feet to regain his balance.

# 116 PVarck31 @ 06/08/11 06:33 PM
I love love love how the Buckeye receiver broke down and made a realistic looking cut on the out pattern. And the best part is that the CB didn't mirror his route.

# 117 sparkdawg777 @ 06/08/11 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
He floats through the air like gravity got turned off for a second, the speed at which he not only turns to face the ball, but is able to stop and start taking the ball back for the return. If the receiver's have gotten their ability to rocket catch like that taken away, how come the defense hasn't. To jump like that he needs to turn around and set his feet before jumping. If a real human tried jumping like that while running that fast he would have fallen over on his way down or had to do a lot more when returning to his feet to regain his balance.

You really need to watch it again, it appears he stopped because the game freezes to switch views on the turnover. He turns and jumps on the run, after the views switch you can see him continue his momentum towards the direction he was going, then he has to plant to try and score. If anything this animation looks good.

# 118 Pokes404 @ 06/08/11 06:38 PM
I'm so tired of this. I had high hopes for this year after NCAA 11. Even though that game had a lot of problems, I bought into the hype that EA was going in a different direction than before. I thought they were going to try to truly capture football in future versions ... then I see this.

Very little has changed in this game. Player movement is twitchy and robotic, foot-planting is practically nonexistent, little-to-no penalty for change of direction, OL/DL interactions are stiff and scripted, defenders and blockers "lock up" with each other no matter the size difference between the two players, realistic pockets still aren't being created, pass speeds and ball trajectories are still messed up, receivers don't fight for the ball, DBs backpedal at ridiculous speeds, etc. For those of you that liked NCAA 11, you'll definitely like 12 because it's essentially the same thing. I was expecting more though. This pretty much cements my decision, but I'll still give the demo a try.

# 119 footballfan952 @ 06/08/11 06:45 PM
Did anyone else notice during the Iron Bowl video around the 2:35 mark after that failed pass to the end zone that it looks like there are only 2 guys in the stands? Every single guy was either black with an orange shirt and sun glasses or white with a blue shirt lol

Not that big of a deal at all to me, I cant wait for this game. The haters can try to make as many negative comments as they want, nothing can get me to change my mind about this game or how excited I am.

# 120 mmorg @ 06/08/11 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
You really need to watch it again, it appears he stopped because the game freezes to switch views on the turnover. He turns and jumps on the run, after the views switch you can see him continue his momentum towards the direction he was going, then he has to plant to try and score. If anything this animation looks good.
Yeah he plants and takes one step. Doesn't put a hand down or take a few steps like a normal human would have to. If I ever see that play happen in real life, where a player is able to jump, turn 180 degrees in the air, and start returning an INT without taking more than one step to regain their balance or use a hand, I will eat my hat with a fork and knife. Other than that everything looked good or at least better than that. Now if this is the only animation that they have for this type of play to be made I can understand that, but jump balls in football in those type of situations usually end with the guy catching the ball landing on their back or taking a lot more time to regain their balance.

edit: Their are also a lot of awkward silences, that's one thing that can definitely be improved upon with better commentary, but who knows when we are getting that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.