Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 inojoking @ 06/08/11 07:14 PM
I had planned to buy this game solely based on the fact that they have Osceola this year. But after seeing these vids of gameplay today i will pass. This looks the exact same from last year only with a few damn cut scenes added in. And even the guys that are playing the game and giving reviews are using the same ole lines like "Oh you have to play the game to see the changes." Thats Bull**** we arent blind, we can plainly see the changes in madden vids, but this is the same damn game. Oh well i guess they couldnt risk the NFL not having a season and then loosing fans to the NCAA franchise this year so the held out on Ncaa. I guess ill pick this game up in February when its on the shelf for $20 bucks that way i dont feel cheated.

# 122 PVarck31 @ 06/08/11 07:21 PM
This thread is like an emotional roller coaster.

# 123 PVarck31 @ 06/08/11 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
the commentary is down right horrible
Commentary in both games is horrible. This needs to be a priority for next year.

# 124 davep @ 06/08/11 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Commentary in both games is horrible. This needs to be a priority for next year.
It's so stale.

# 125 sparkdawg777 @ 06/08/11 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Yeah he plants and takes one step. Doesn't put a hand down or take a few steps like a normal human would have to. If I ever see that play happen in real life, where a player is able to jump, turn 180 degrees in the air, and start returning an INT without taking more than one step to regain their balance or use a hand, I will eat my hat with a fork and knife. Other than that everything looked good or at least better than that. Now if this is the only animation that they have for this type of play to be made I can understand that, but jump balls in football in those type of situations usually end with the guy catching the ball landing on their back or taking a lot more time to regain their balance.

edit: Their are also a lot of awkward silences, that's one thing that can definitely be improved upon with better commentary, but who knows when we are getting that.

Come on man, you obviously aren't watching this play close enough. He is running with the WR jumps and catches at the 35 yard line, he then lands at the 36 yard line (2 steps) and then plants at the 37 (2 steps). He takes a total of 4 steps not 1. Maybe he does plant a little bit too quick but it doesn't look horrible.

EDIT: Actually he plants at the 38. You can see him actually stop and have to shift his momentum.

# 126 sparkdawg777 @ 06/08/11 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
UUUUGGGHHH Im so sick of the nitpickers in here who are only looking for the bad. And then are completely wrong the opinion because they are just looking to hate

That INT in the NEB vid was beautiful, CB didnt mirror the route, played it like a RL CB would and there was a great pass rush. The movement isn't robotic, it's fluid. This game is looking amazing.

Thank you.

# 127 franko3219 @ 06/08/11 08:13 PM
I was finally able to watch the video and I know that a lot of people are complaining about pass defense, but I have to tell ya from my point of view I think that was more of a problem with coverage calls then pass coverage being broken. The guy ran a 2 deep zone/zone blitz every play it looked like minus the first play and in each case the passes were completed either in the vacated zone (where the blitzer came from) or in the weak spot of the zone. Take the TD pass for example, if you re-watch the TD pass the defense was in a cover 2 (I was actually really excited to see how this played out), the corner came down and "squat" forcing the receiver inside or funneling the receiver towards the safety as you are taught in cover 2; the offense ran 4 verts which is a huge weakness in a straight cover 2, the safety did not get off of the hash and that left receiver #4 wide open in the cover 2 window for a TD. I see nothing wrong there, any good offensive co would call 4 verts when the D continuously runs a 2 deep zone it just came down to a great offensive call vs. a bad defensive call.

The other thing that I noticed as far as gameplay was that shotgun running did not appear to be broke to me. Of course this was a user vs. user game so the jury is still out on user vs. cpu game.

# 128 DJ @ 06/08/11 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I love love love how the Buckeye receiver broke down and made a realistic looking cut on the out pattern. And the best part is that the CB didn't mirror his route.
Yeah that was nice to see. That second video was nice. I think this game is going to be just fine. We need to talk a few people off the ledge; perhaps because Madden has appeared to make a big leap that NCAA fans are feeling slighted. But the reality is that the NCAA team didn't have to do a ton. NCAA 11 was very solid and 12 is a polished version of that so I am very happy.

The fact is that for the most part, sports games aren't going to have drastic changes every year; it is more realistic to expect minor tweaks and maybe some big new additions every 2-3 years.

# 129 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
I was finally able to watch the video and I know that a lot of people are complaining about pass defense, but I have to tell ya from my point of view I think that was more of a problem with coverage calls then pass coverage being broken. The guy ran a 2 deep zone/zone blitz every play it looked like minus the first play and in each case the passes were completed either in the vacated zone (where the blitzer came from) or in the weak spot of the zone. Take the TD pass for example, if you re-watch the TD pass the defense was in a cover 2 (I was actually really excited to see how this played out), the corner came down and "squated" forcing the receiver inside or funneling the receiver towards the safety as you are taught in cover 2; the offense ran 4 verts which is a huge weakness in a straight cover 2, the safety did not get off of the hash and that left receiver #4 wide open in the cover 2 window for a TD. I see nothing wrong there, any good offensive co would call 4 verts when the D continuously runs a 2 deep zone it just came down to a great offensive call vs. a bad defensive call.

The other thing that I noticed as far as gameplay was that shotgun running did not appear to be broke to me. Of course this was a user vs. user game so the jury is still out on user vs. cpu game.
I agree with you regarding coverage. It looked pretty realistic to me, the safety just got beat.

The second video, on page 10 of this thread, shows better d-line play on both sides.

# 130 jboss13 @ 06/08/11 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Actually if you're talking about the safety on the left he played it right, the slot WR was the deepest man which is who you are suppose to have first. The #1 WR was jammed very good which is why it took so long to get downfield, the safety played the #2 WR first since he was much deeper than #1 and then tried to get there once the ball was thrown, almost making the play. If you look to the right side, the safety played both WRs since the #1 WR got off his jam much quicker than the WR on the opposite side.

Now if you want to get more realism, both corners should have went deep with #1 since there was no one in the flats. Now the HB did go to the flats but he went straight upfield through the OL first meaning the LB should have had him. That's the way you are really suppose to play zone.
So youre telling me that the safety would have been in that position when the ball was thrown? No he would have not been or he would not see the field again. He favored the route way too much. The S has got to honor number 1 and always have it in the back of his head that he may go deep. In cover 2 the CB should watch 2 and the S should watch 1, at least from what i was always taught. If the cb has no threat he SHOULD drop back and help with the verts but if he has something threatening his zone he should tweener them. Im just saying that when two or more vertical routes are thrown at a S while running Cover 2, the S never defends them right, thus making cover 2 ineffective against anything deeper than twenty yards in NCAA.

# 131 jboss13 @ 06/08/11 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I agree with you regarding coverage. It looked pretty realistic to me, the safety just got beat.

The second video, on page 10 of this thread, shows better d-line play on both sides.
How can the safety have gotten beat if everything was in front of him?
You guys are basically saying that cover two isnt good against the pass when some teams base their whole defense around it and are successful with it.

# 132 splff3000 @ 06/08/11 08:29 PM
Just watched the vid and I must say, if it wasn't for the SEC logo wipe and a couple sweet looking finishing tackles, I would have swore that this was NCAA 11. Everything looks almost exactly the same. Am I missing something?

# 133 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 08:30 PM
To Jboss

So cover 2 zone is supposed to stop every play in the others teams book? Dude it was a close play, a QB with lower arm strength probably gets picked off. Or maybe a safety with a bit higher rating. It was pretty close play man.

You are correct. Many teams base their entire defensive philosophy on zone coverage. If you saw me post on here a few weeks ago you would know i was VERY critical of the zone coverage i witnessed in those first couple vids that were released. I still think it is a bit too soft but I think there is nothing wrong with that play. The safety just couldnt get there in time. We dont know what the ratings are so tis hard to tell what really should have happened if what actually happened isnt right, which I think it is

# 134 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Just watched the vid and I must say, if it wasn't for the SEC logo wipe and a couple sweet looking finishing tackles, I would have swore that this was NCAA 11. Everything looks almost exactly the same. Am I missing something?
There is a second video on page 10, not sure if yo usaw that one. IT has improved d-line play and you see genuine man coverage, not psychic DBs

# 135 jboss13 @ 06/08/11 08:37 PM
All im saying is that some people are saying awe theres nothing wrong with that thats how its suppossed to happen when its not. And im not doubting that it could be player ratings but cover 2 in NCAA has been horrible against vertical routes and flags and it should be fixed. I love cover two, especially in the red zone. Its a deadly play for me most of the time and thats probably why i want it fixed so badly.

# 136 jfsolo @ 06/08/11 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Yeah that was nice to see. That second video was nice. I think this game is going to be just fine. We need to talk a few people off the ledge; perhaps because Madden has appeared to make a big leap that NCAA fans are feeling slighted. But the reality is that the NCAA team didn't have to do a ton. NCAA 11 was very solid and 12 is a polished version of that so I am very happy.

The fact is that for the most part, sports games aren't going to have drastic changes every year; it is more realistic to expect minor tweaks and maybe some big new additions every 2-3 years.
No way, don't try and talk people off of the ledge. I want them swan diving from the 30th floor, staying true to their word, not buying the game, and disappearing from the forum. I know the last part won't happen, but one can hope.

# 137 jboss13 @ 06/08/11 08:42 PM
Does anyone know if Gameplan was removed? At the kickoff screen I see adjustments but no Gameplan. May be just a different version of it.

# 138 Solidice @ 06/08/11 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboss13
Does anyone know if Gameplan was removed? At the kickoff screen I see adjustments but no Gameplan. May be just a different version of it.
I believe Adjustments is gameplan from NCAA 10/11.

# 139 jboss13 @ 06/08/11 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I believe Adjustments is gameplan from NCAA 10/11.
Dang its been a while I dont even remember what that looks like.

# 140 franko3219 @ 06/08/11 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboss13
All im saying is that some people are saying awe theres nothing wrong with that thats how its suppossed to happen when its not. And im not doubting that it could be player ratings but cover 2 in NCAA has been horrible against vertical routes and flags and it should be fixed. I love cover two, especially in the red zone. Its a deadly play for me most of the time and thats probably why i want it fixed so badly.
Yeah teams base their whole defense around cover two, but that involves a lot of tampa 2 coverage or sending the middle linebacker deep middle which enables the safeties to get more aggressive getting off of the hash. This player was calling straight cover two, and the only thing that I seen wrong aside from the safety not getting off of the hash was that the corner could have gotten a little deeper without any threats in front of him to help shrink that window. Anyone that understands coverages knows that the biggest weaknesses of a straight cover 2 is the sideline window and 4 verts. Also, yes the safety did get beat on his coverage, you do not have to have a receiver behind you to be beat, he was beat because he was out of position to defend his zone.

The other thing to keep in mind here is that at the beginning of the game you could see that Auburns defense was a B+ so I am sure ratings factored into some of that, such as play recognition, zone coverage, etc.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.