Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Hellisan, over at Tradition Sports Online, spent some time today documenting NCAA Football 12 team ratings and put together the info for all 120 teams, including prestige.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RynoAid @ 06/08/11 06:42 PM
Mods, dupe post, please close/combine. Thx.

# 2 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/11 06:45 PM
What ????????????

Special teams get rated now ?

Interesting.

# 3 Catamount53 @ 06/08/11 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
What ????????????

Interesting.
They've always been rated haven't they?

# 4 NoDakHusker @ 06/08/11 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
They've always been rated haven't they?
Yeah they have. Go into dynasty, for instance, then see the preseason polls and you'll see the special teams rating. It's not something you see on the team select screen, but it's always been rated nonetheless.

# 5 Solidice @ 06/08/11 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
What ????????????

Interesting.
It's been like that for a while, however, it's usually only visible in the pre-season poll and in the user & teams section of online dynasty settings.

# 6 shaunlmason @ 06/08/11 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
Mods, dupe post, please close/combine. Thx.
Haha, sorry.

# 7 Bigsheen @ 06/08/11 07:09 PM
not too many D teams this year...hmm idk if that should be worrysome or shouldnt be an issue? lol

# 8 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/08/11 07:11 PM
Wasn't that many D teams last year either........I remember years ago they had a good number of D teams and a handful of F teams. Too many A teams IMO.

# 9 dan_457 @ 06/08/11 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsheen
not too many D teams this year...hmm idk if that should be worrysome or shouldnt be an issue? lol
I've said this like a bajillion times haha, but I'll take a few too many A teams over a cluster of C teams and worse like last year, where having a B- Team was elite. The players played like idiots as well, just seems like the engine is geared towards higher ratings. In that case they should stick to what it's good at.

# 10 TDenverFan @ 06/08/11 07:23 PM
It seems like a couple of non-AQs randomly lost prestige.

Fresno 3 to 2 after an 8 win year
Hawaii 3 to 2 after an almost top 25 Year
There may be others I didn't see

Also, I noticed Wazzou is the only 1* AQ, not Duke. And Texas is still 6*?!?! Houston, a 4* last year, went 5-7 year, dropped a star. Texas, a 6*, went 5-7 and didn't drop a star.

Also, thanks for posting!

# 11 Noble Evildoer @ 06/08/11 07:27 PM
Michigan and Notre Dame finally fall to 5 stars. Though I don't understand why Penn State is still a 6 star program.

And I know Boise State has been incredibly successful, but 5 stars still seems too high. I think 4 would be perfectly appropriate.

# 12 bucknut7 @ 06/08/11 07:33 PM
damn....my friends and I decided to start in the Pac-12 this year. The other teams are Washington, Oregon State, Cal, Utah, and Arizona State. I drew UCLA. I figured they would be a better situation than a 2 star, but hey it will be a great challenge.

# 13 TDenverFan @ 06/08/11 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
Michigan and Notre Dame finally fall to 5 stars. Though I don't understand why Penn State is still a 6 star program.

And I know Boise State has been incredibly successful, but 5 stars still seems too high. I think 4 would be perfectly appropriate.
I disagree. If Boise deserves to be 4 after about 10 years as a top 25 program (Finished ranked all but a couple of years), then what does a program like USC, who has a tarnished reputation, Notre Dame, who hasn't been nationally relevant for a while, or Texas, who flopped last year, deserve? A .5 Star? (That's harsh, I know, but a Hyperbole drives a point well)

I think EA needs to explain how they make these numbers. Hawaii was ranked for part of the year and dropped a star, Texas fell out of the ranks quickly and stayed the same, Fresno has 8 wins and falls, Miami OH reaches 10 wins and fails to gain a star, Toledo has 8 wins and stays a 1 star, etc

# 14 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 07:42 PM
Yeah....some of these ratings don't make sense....

Luvtothat9s, I'm looking at you Bro...good luck, gonna have your work cut out for you

# 15 Special27K @ 06/08/11 07:47 PM
Quote:

I think 3 years is appropriate time frame for very prestigious programs like Michigan and ND to lose that 6*, Boise and TCU should not be 5* programs IMO. EA is way too generous in handing out these ratings, as well have made it too easy to gain prestige. Prestige shouldn't be a "What've you done lately" thing. It should go far back. I know TCU was quite a power in the 30's and 50's still not 5* worthy based on their mediocrity after that and Boise has only been FBS/D-1A since 2001 and only really known nationally since the 2006/07 Fiesta Bowl, they shouldn't be within reach of 5*'s. It should take minimum 2 years of success to go up a prestige star.

TCU 4*
Boise State Upper 3*/Bottom 4*

# 16 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 07:48 PM
I agree the process should be longer and more difficult...it should be a long term accomplishment to get that sixth star not a one year turnaround.

# 17 Noble Evildoer @ 06/08/11 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
I think 3 years is appropriate time frame for very prestigious programs like Michigan and ND to lose that 6*, Boise and TCU should not be 5* programs IMO. EA is way too generous in handing out these ratings, as well have made it too easy to gain prestige. Prestige shouldn't be a "What've you done lately" thing. It should go far back. I know TCU was quite a power in the 30's and 50's still not 5* worthy based on their mediocrity after that and Boise has only been FBS/D-1A since 2001 and only really known nationally since the 2006/07 Fiesta Bowl, they shouldn't be within reach of 5*'s. It should take minimum 2 years of success to go up a prestige star.

TCU 4*
Boise State Upper 3*/Bottom 4*
Go about a decade back on that.

# 18 SlickRick11 @ 06/08/11 07:55 PM
Thanks for posting this..... IMO overall they did good on the ratings but of course there are a few that people will have a problem with no matter what but im happy with it

# 19 Special27K @ 06/08/11 07:57 PM
Quote:
Go about a decade back on that.
Whoops skimmed the info, joined the WAC in 2001. Joined D-1A in 1996.

# 20 The JareBear @ 06/08/11 07:58 PM
Come on slick.....it's not that people have a problem no matter what. Be realistic man, not every school has a B+ defense. There are good schools, take Arkansas recently, who really had pretty medicocre defenses (C,C+, or B- tops) that are still good teams. I don't like how EA inflates everything year in and year out.

Online Dynasty will be the same this year as last....in the fourth season every user team will have a stable of 99s and then there will be a dropoff for everybody in year 5

« Previous1234567891213Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.