Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Hellisan, over at Tradition Sports Online, spent some time today documenting NCAA Football 12 team ratings and put together the info for all 120 teams, including prestige.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 acreyman @ 06/09/11 01:22 AM
Probably the biggest Boise fan in here, we lost a LOT of GREAT players this year and I think the team is over rated in the game, even with Kellen Moore returning. Our WR core is just no where near as good as last year, and our D lost some huge talent. Its gonna be a rough year.

# 82 The JareBear @ 06/09/11 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
Probably the biggest Boise fan in here, we lost a LOT of GREAT players this year and I think the team is over rated in the game, even with Kellen Moore returning. Our WR core is just no where near as good as last year, and our D lost some huge talent. Its gonna be a rough year.
I suggest waiting for one of the great custom rosters to be released before starting your dynasty.....EA tends to inflate ratings out of the box...

# 83 cparrish @ 06/09/11 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
I agree 100%. I still think they will win 8 games or so, but it won't be the Boise State we are used to seeing the past four years or so.

# 84 justblaze09 @ 06/09/11 01:46 AM
Is a B+ for Michigan's D overrated, yes, but some of y'all are underrating them just a tad bit. Most of the problem with the D was the system/who was coaching it. After Mike Martin, it's a bunch of low 80s/high 70s in the starting group.

The way y'all make it sound Michigan's D should be loaded with 70s/60s in the starting lineup, and that's not the case.

# 85 The JareBear @ 06/09/11 02:09 AM
I think B- is definitely the highest it should be rated. To prove I am not a homer, I also think PSU is WAY overrated, they should be no higher than a B on either side

# 86 dochalladay32 @ 06/09/11 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
I was thinking it was more like 91 or 92. Just figured they came up at the same time as Arkansas State since we were both in the ill-fated Big West.
Arkansas State left before Boise even joined the Big West, then rejoined at the ill-fated point. In the early 90's, despite losing Cal State Fullerton and Long Beach, the Big West had 10 teams and seemed ok. Then Pacific closed shop and the flood gates opened and only 3 teams remained. That is when Boise, Idaho, and North Texas came on board.

# 87 dan_457 @ 06/09/11 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
i said C+ or B- in another thread.
I think C+ would be about right, and that's with giving the benefit of the doubt to Hoke and the new system.

Last year, UM's Defense would be deserving of a D or a D+.

# 88 blkrptnt819 @ 06/09/11 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLcardz-NDirish
Wow Michigan is waaaaay overrated.
how the hell does notre dame drop to a 5* program???
Sucking for the past 15 years will do that. That should have happened a long time ago.

# 89 blkrptnt819 @ 06/09/11 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
So Penn State should be dropped but ND shouldn't?

Doesn't make sense to me, honestly

Not saying the ratings are right, just saying I am looking for consistency in the arguments...

Prestige rating affects recruiting ability as well as in-seasons and offseason player progression. Just because a school was great 20 years ago doesn't mean they should still have a leg up on schools that are doing better than they are the past 4-5 years. They still recruit but I think a lot of their classes are overhyped considering the results.
Exactly, exactly, exactly

# 90 blkrptnt819 @ 06/09/11 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
Why is Tennessee a 4 star? I honestly don't care about team ratings, but the prestige is very important. Tennessee should be a 5 star.
U guys have been down for about 5 years, how long should u keep that rating?

# 91 blkrptnt819 @ 06/09/11 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue10
The 2 biggest jokes on that list is Michigan as a B+ on defense and also Michigan droping to a 5* prestiege.

I expect Michigan's D to improve but after the past 2 seasons I don't see how anyone can justify a B+ rating. I would rate them a C or C+ at the absolute max. Plus Michigan can have 10 losing seasons and would still be one of the most prestiegious teams in America.
I agree with u on the D but the drop to a 5* was deserved if not earned on the field.

# 92 blkrptnt819 @ 06/09/11 06:46 AM
Quote:
If they were knocked down a peg a few years i would have no problem with it....well, i dont really have a problem now.....just sayin' EA knocked them down to a 5* after they had a better year last year when EA had them still at a 6*. Doesnt make sense. ND is still a school that has a great fan base, great academics, great school tradition, still sells out home games, gets TV coverage....obviously. All that i think is why they remained a 6* program IN THE GAME for so long. I could see both arguments as to why they should still be a 6 or knocked down to a 5. I basically agreed with him about knocking ND down after a year where they had a better season than the previous. If anything they shouldve knocked them down a * after last year. Fair enough?
I can explain it. On the game you need to finish top 15 to keep your 6*. They didn't and haven't for a long time.

# 93 STLcardz-NDirish @ 06/09/11 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
So explain to me when a team should finally lose a prestige star. 20 years no BCS bowl win? 30 years? Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Dame losing to Navy lately? This has to be reflected somehow right?
Tradition never graduates haha

# 94 STLcardz-NDirish @ 06/09/11 08:20 AM
Quote:
If they were knocked down a peg a few years i would have no problem with it....well, i dont really have a problem now.....just sayin' EA knocked them down to a 5* after they had a better year last year when EA had them still at a 6*. Doesnt make sense. ND is still a school that has a great fan base, great academics, great school tradition, still sells out home games, gets TV coverage....obviously. All that i think is why they remained a 6* program IN THE GAME for so long. I could see both arguments as to why they should still be a 6 or knocked down to a 5. I basically agreed with him about knocking ND down after a year where they had a better season than the previous. If anything they shouldve knocked them down a * after last year. Fair enough?
Well said

# 95 LambertandHam @ 06/09/11 08:34 AM
Hmm, Pittsburgh as a 3*. I can see that after a down year last year. Add in the fact that "The Stache" is gone, and you're left with an unproven team. A bunch of key players left for the draft as well.

# 96 volstopfan14 @ 06/09/11 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
U guys have been down for about 5 years, how long should u keep that rating?
Actually, only 3 years. Tennnessee was 5-7 in 08, 7-6 in 09, and 6-7 in 2010. In 06 and 07, Tennessee was in 2 Outback Bowls and appeared in 1 SEC championship game. They still have enough all time tradition to have a 5 star ranking.

# 97 msuhockeycj @ 06/09/11 10:23 AM
I get that some of the developers went to Michigan and they are a big name, but how does a Michigan defense that ranked 108 out of 120 in team defense last year get a B+ ranking. How do they possibly rank them better than their cross-state rival who are returning Big-Ten co-champions who return better more proven linemen and secondary?

# 98 schumj @ 06/09/11 10:58 AM
I guess it all depends on how far back they use to get their prestige rating. ESPN did a prestige grade for every school back to the inception of the AP Poll. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

# 99 BurnsideAdmiral @ 06/09/11 11:51 AM
Bearcats B+ kind of surprised. Looks like Collaros and iPead are gettin' some love from EA this year. Surprising for how awful we were last year. Only 3 stars but that will be fun to work up from in dynasty mode. Definitely excited now.

# 100 The JareBear @ 06/09/11 12:13 PM
Yeah....I forgot who said it earlier, but I agree and think EA likes to keep it more balanced than it should be so everyone can play with their team online and stand a chance.

With Luvs rosters schools like PSU will be a B like they should be (PSU is my school by the way, they are the only team I use in online and offline dynasty) and there will be more parity between the top teams and others.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.