Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 goalieump413 @ 06/14/11 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
I like the fact there is probably a release rating for QB's. I also like the fact I can possibly max out my player, regardless of school. I am looking forward to this very much. With no suction & no more magic QB's getting rid of the ball right before the sack every time, playing DE will be fun again.

Well, off to finish my RB on NCAA 11.
Have you seen the video that headlined this thread? There was a play where the QB "magically" released the ball prior to the sack, so that's still in the game.

# 142 SGMRock @ 06/14/11 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Have you seen the video that headlined this thread? There was a play where the QB "magically" released the ball prior to the sack, so that's still in the game.
yes I definitely hate that in both NCAA and Madden. You turn down the blocking so you get more sacks but they still do it a lot and then it ruins the game a bit because you get too much pressure and force bad passes all the time. I want the offense to block better but I want to be rewarded when I do get past them for a sack and not the stupid toss on the ground incomplete pass thing that looks like a fumble.

# 143 UMhester04 @ 06/14/11 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Its not mentioned in this video but it was put in another artical somewhere that those boost packs you can buy with XP will not be something you can purchase as DLC right? I know thats one thing I have not liked about NHL games that EA has put out the past years the whole boost pack you can buy and trick out your online player from day one if you want to spend the cash. Though I guess that doesn't matter to much in RTG as your not playing other people online with it. Still I think its cheep, much more fullfilling if you earn your way up.

In the info that was released on accident it said you can't buy anything with DLC.

# 144 Special27K @ 06/14/11 11:44 AM
I'll play through high school now that the recruiting process is way more in depth but, that'll be it for me. The mode is just boring for me, I'll take part in the new addition though. There's zero chance though I could play through years of a college career.

# 145 goalieump413 @ 06/14/11 11:56 AM
Something I just thought of...

Has there been any mention of scouting (researching) the school's football program in RTG? I recall this as a wish list item last year.

IMO, it would be realistic, and a lot more fun, to learn something about the schools you are considering. The way it sounds now, you earn coach's trust points and so on, but what if that coach is a moron? What if the school runs the option and you're a 6' 5" prototype WR? Would there be a way to know how YOU best fit into the scheme at your school?

I know it's been shown that you'll have various points levels to attain at different schools to receive a scholarship, but what I want to know is how you can take advantage of the school's approach to football.

I know we can, as gamers, cheat if you will. By independantly learning the coaching schemes while starting a dynasty game, but that's not what I mean.

I want it in the RTG game mode.

# 146 Special27K @ 06/14/11 12:09 PM
Quote:
Something I just thought of...

Has there been any mention of scouting (researching) the school's football program in RTG? I recall this as a wish list item last year.

IMO, it would be realistic, and a lot more fun, to learn something about the schools you are considering. The way it sounds now, you earn coach's trust points and so on, but what if that coach is a moron? What if the school runs the option and you're a 6' 5" prototype WR? Would there be a way to know how YOU best fit into the scheme at your school?

I know it's been shown that you'll have various points levels to attain at different schools to receive a scholarship, but what I want to know is how you can take advantage of the school's approach to football.

I know we can, as gamers, cheat if you will. By independantly learning the coaching schemes while starting a dynasty game, but that's not what I mean.

I want it in the RTG game mode.
There was a picture posted in the thread...

Next to your scholarship point levels/percentage complete it listed the schools play style

# 147 goalieump413 @ 06/14/11 12:32 PM
I wish there was more information about the team's play style than just "pro" or the like.

# 148 acts238shaun @ 06/14/11 12:36 PM
Quote:
I wish there was more information about the team's play style than just "pro" or the like.
You can go to dynasty and look at the run/pass ratio and aggression level of the offense and defense. I think that may be what you are wondering.

# 149 moylan1234 @ 06/14/11 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstud23lb
and what game was that your talking about moylan cause 2k11 you control yourself
no definitely not 2011 it was in one of the titles between 2007-09 you took a created player through various streetball tourneys and other drills. Then when you were finished building your player up you could bring him into Association mode

# 150 acts238shaun @ 06/14/11 12:46 PM
Quote:
1. That was a pass throw by a human user. I was referring to CPU QB's.

2. Several people at E3, probably playing a more up to date build, said the CPU tossing passes magically at the last second seems to be gone.

# 151 PaperBoyx703 @ 06/14/11 01:19 PM
Well it seems like I will be able to keep busy until roster sets get released. This is going to be a fun year in NCAA for me. Just a lil disappointed how Superstar will in Madden.

# 152 dennis580 @ 06/14/11 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
This mode does look fun, but until they add an option to control your entire team
Um that defeats the entire purpose of the Mode, and would makes it totally unrealistic, and dumb.

# 153 canes21 @ 06/14/11 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
Um that defeats the entire purpose of the Mode, and would makes it totally unrealistic, and dumb.
One of the older Madden's had this and that was the most seasons I have ever played in a Madden. I played like a whole career on the Chiefs. I have never played past 3-4 years in Madden since then.

It may not be what you want, but the option is what some want and should be in IMO.

# 154 jwilphl @ 06/14/11 04:26 PM
I'm curious what exactly determines which schools end up recruiting you. Is it entirely random or are there some factors that go into determining which schools go after you?

I imagine the lower-tier schools are probably local-only (say if you're a one-star SS, only local, smaller colleges are going to contact you as a SS).

# 155 DEL1SLE @ 06/14/11 04:53 PM
Anyone else catch captain 5? I think it said it gives the user the ability to call hot routes during away games. RtG looks vastly improved this year, I'm not sure what positions to choose for my first go around.

# 156 moylan1234 @ 06/14/11 04:54 PM
Quote:
once again it really in no way at all defeats the purpose of the mode unless you've played the NBA2k game or the Madden game Canes mentioned why say anything because you clearly don't have all the facts here?

# 157 sparkdawg777 @ 06/14/11 07:19 PM
Quote:
Its called game balance. It far more important to have a well balanced game then it is to give players more power, and control. Its better to not have the option to set the quarter length as it can spoil your game.

How would it spoil the game? I play 9 minute quarters on Madden's Superstar and have more fun than 5. It also gives the realistic average of 120 total plays. Are they worried that I will accumulate points too easily? If that's the case then that is silly because I CHOSE to play that long of quarters.

Why is it that we can play 15 minute quarters as Offensive Coordinators? That is ALL based on stats.

# 158 illwill10 @ 06/14/11 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
once again it really in no way at all defeats the purpose of the mode unless you've played the NBA2k game or the Madden game Canes mentioned why say anything because you clearly don't have all the facts here?
Yeah, I honestly didnt like how it was in PS2 where you control the whole team. I like the ideal of being a high school to superstar.

# 159 chrispepper @ 06/15/11 06:14 AM
not sure if this has been posted.. but will you recieve recruiting offers throughout the year? or will you just get offered scholarships after the high school season is complete?

# 160 UCOBronchos @ 06/15/11 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispepper
not sure if this has been posted.. but will you recieve recruiting offers throughout the year? or will you just get offered scholarships after the high school season is complete?
Designer Alex Howell:*
"Once you initially start up RTG, you get to choose three teams from the start to add to your college choices board. After every game, you will have the option to choose between three different school to add to your college choices board. At the beginning of the season, you'll be recruited by smaller schools based on the location of your high school. As you gain more recruiting points and become a high star leveled athlete, you will start to get more schools from across the nation making offers to you."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.