Home
Madden 12 News Post

According to Pastapadre and Kotaku, Phil Frazier (Executive Producer for Madden NFL) is the latest to leave EA Sports Tiburon.

Quote:
"It is currently uncertain where he is headed however two prime possibilities are Row Sham Bow – the new social gaming company started by former Tiburon GM Philip Holt – or the massive social gaming company Zynga which has taken on several former Tiburon employees in the last year."

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Steve_OS @ 06/17/11 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings
I blocked that out of my mind. I'll never forget Jacobs running wild all over you in that first game though.
What are you talking about sir?

# 122 mirrored32 @ 06/17/11 01:08 AM
Ian I think the community had all kinds of venom and Love for the Madden team. Simply being a madden creator has to be difficult due to the impossible task of putting out a perfect game. A bit like Atlas I suppose, holding the world.

I appreciated your diligence under fire. Though personally i liked the 'weapons' of madden. So i like that direction.

as a fan of Madden I feel it had to be difficult to choose what features were in madden let alone how you felt excited about that game.

well I hope all goes well for Phil and yourself!

# 123 SoxFan01605 @ 06/17/11 01:21 AM
Selfishly, I'm sad to see Phil move on.

He and Ian were both so good about sticking it out with the community even when things got rough (I remember Ian breaking the news about sliders a couple years back, and him and Phil staying through everyone's venomous bs).

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Madden as a franchise over the past several years, Phil always seemed like a class act. Best of luck to him!

# 124 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/17/11 01:33 AM
Damn.........

Phil was a cool guy. He reminded me of that secret service agent with the glasses on the movies Hackers. Ok for you kiddies, Hackers came out in the 90s. I am sure you can find it on Netflix.

Watch the movie. You can't tell me that Phil don't look like that dude.

But anyway......life goes on. In a way I am not surprised. Maybe Cam wanted to bring in his own guys to run things, which wouldn't be out of the realm of the norm.

Wouldn't it be funny if Adembroski get promoted to executive producer after being there for a year ? That would be funny, talk about pressure.

More then lkely if Cam don't bring in his own guys, Josh probably will just take over as the new head or maybe Mike Scantlebury.

# 125 wallofhate @ 06/17/11 01:33 AM
I know one thing Ian and Phil wont miss..That guy from E3 yelling in their ear like a maniac for 4 quarters of the game!!!! "I'M SAMUEL L. JACKSON B%#CH DRINK MY MOTHERF%@#ING BEER!!!!!!"

# 126 gbombbay @ 06/17/11 01:33 AM
With all these big names leaving. Is the Madden and the use of his name on the game Next? I say f' it. end the NFL/EA deal.. and let the competition begin for who can make the best football game.

# 127 canes21 @ 06/17/11 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbombbay
With all these big names leaving. Is the Madden and the use of his name on the game Next? I say f' it. end the NFL/EA deal.. and let the competition begin for who can make the best football game.
Yea, because they can just end the exclusive license in one snap of the fingers.

# 128 PSRusse83 @ 06/17/11 01:38 AM
Quote:
Well Mike Young is still there and he's the f'ing man.
If Josh Looman or Mike Young left....I dont even want to think about it.

# 129 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/17/11 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface
This has to do with FIFA. EA wants Madden back at FIFA ( and NHL's ) level. FIFA is is being innovative and being praised for improvements each year (as is NHL). Sometimes fresh blood is needed. They brought in Cam to basically to be that Fresh Blood and he wants his people around him. Simple.
The only way Madden will get to FIFA's level is if EA invest the same type of money they invest into FIFA into Madden. Plus they would have to do a whole new engine as well.

New engine not going to happen for Madden and NCAA this generation. Not when the next 360/PS3 coming out in a couple years.

# 130 dkp23 @ 06/17/11 01:41 AM
Being with EA for 13 years shows he has put in hardwork and effort into the game. Im sure most are appreciative.

Unfortunately, the game has become stale and with the addition of gimmicks year after year and having the same gameplay issues brought up year after year with no resolution have made fans turned off by the franchise. While it looks like the madden franchise is going in the "right direction, only time will tell since we've been hearing this for years.

It will be good to get some new blood and revamp the madden franchise heading into the next generation of consoles. Not much can be done now as we are deep into this generation, but i hope we dont go through another next gen debacle we called madden 2006. After getting hyped by the draft day commercial and finally playing the game months later, that was the beginning of disappointment year after year.

The madden franchise needs a brand new engine that will revolutionize football gaming and hopefully keep all the gameplay adjustments in addition to adding innovating ones. Unfortunately, those hopes were for this generation and it never came to fruition over the past six years.

Focus on game play, physics, realism. Less gimmicks and arcade like game play and features.

# 131 sportzbro @ 06/17/11 01:42 AM
wtf is happening @ tiburon?

# 132 canes21 @ 06/17/11 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_larry
This goes to show you how crooked EA Sports is, as soon as somebody takes charge to make the product better, they get rid of them. Probably paid them off to not say anything. EA is all about making money, they don't care about the true fans anymore, they just care about getting more fans, I expect next years game to be on the arcade side. This happens with big bad company's all over America all the time, someone comes in to make a change for the better, then a few month down the road they are gone, because they are making the company loose money.
Ive accepted that this gen of football gaming has been a total waste, gone down the drain, I do not have hope any more that Madden will ever pan out like I thought is would this gen. Ive have no good memories of playing this current gens Madden like I have playing Madden on PS2. Im looking forward to the next-gen of NFL football gaming, and I pray EA does not have an exclusive license, cause I looking forward to other football game developers like the makers of Backbreaker and of course 2k Sports taking over Madden like 2k took over NBA Live.
If I am not mistaken, Phil was the one who left EA, EA didn't kick Phil out....

# 133 RedZoneD25 @ 06/17/11 01:46 AM
Wow, did I miss a bombshell or what. The one day I'm not on OS, this happens. Insane. Best of luck to Phil, he's a good guy.

# 134 convince @ 06/17/11 01:46 AM
Quote:
For me it was about doing something different. I worked on one game IP for 10 years. Though there were things we could have done differently in hindsight, I felt like after taking the reins (with Phil) I had gotten the Madden ship at least facing in the right direction of trying to build a true sim and getting away from rings and weapons and virtual trainers and all that other bullsh!t, and I felt like I had a lot more ideas in games that I wanted to try and work on.

Also, define 'respect from the community' lol. A simple search on my name will return nothing but venom, whether it's the mainstream industry giving me no respect because I work on a sports game, or dudes making youtube videos about how I was a liar, or pinning all of the problems in their life on me. I was sick as hell of that sh*t too.
Wow ten years! But wasn't weapons in Madden 08 and just last year gameflow, which was more aim towards casual fans? Well anyway, being a Madden developer comes with both pro and cons. "Guys pinning all of the problems in their life on you" you putting a tad bit much on it. Just like being a player of someone's favorite football team. Sometime's we are extremely hard to please. But sorry to see you guys go but you seem to be landing on your feet so good luck to you.

# 135 aTTckr @ 06/17/11 01:50 AM
It won't matter much for Madden 12 but I'm really starting to worry about Madden 13 and forward. Anyhow best of luck in your future job Phil.

# 136 Palo20 @ 06/17/11 01:51 AM
AJ will be lead designer in no time.

OS FTW!

# 137 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/17/11 01:55 AM
Both Phil and Ian was a big part of Madden12 making this year. Both will be missed alot. Hope they have good luck in both of their lives. Guys thanks alot for the good time. You both will be missed. But I'm sure Madden future is in good hands with Kane699 and Adem working with EA aswell. Yes Phil and Ian are both gone now. But Madden will be good to go for years to come.

# 138 sportzbro @ 06/17/11 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Met Phil at E3, quite some time ago. He is DEFINITELY a hardcore guy. I could tell, just from talking with him. Others can tell by reading tweets from him. Played Ian in one of the OS leagues (I'm 1-1 against him btw ). He is hardcore as well. Both guys will be missed, some of you guys might be eating your words when it comes time to give feedback for the game these 2 put into it. Who knows what the next guy will want. Maybe he goes to IGN or Gamefaqs to get feedback. You never know what you got, til it's gone.
dear god no. that would be the end for me.

# 139 sroz39 @ 06/17/11 02:09 AM
Until proven otherwise (and I hope strongly I'm wrong) losing Ian and Phil is nothing but bad news. Starting with 10, we FINALLY had a game (and dev team) headed in the right direction on this gen of consoles. And just as things seem to be fully coming together with 12? Who knows what the future holds now for this game.

I still remember in the spring/summer of '09, coming on here just to lurk mainly, but looking for Ian's posts to hopefully see the latest "little" additions to the game. Sometimes it seemed like he was adding these things behind the EA marketing guys' backs, like he was letting us in on some secret thing he cooked up in his lab overnight lol. I know that's crazy talk but it was a special summer for me as a semi-veteran member of these forums, having a freakin' Madden game shaped by some of OUR wants on little ol' OS.

Best of luck to you both. I'm sure the silent majority on here appreciates everything you guys did and hope you can "hear" us over the vocal minority spewing nonsense.

# 140 btemp @ 06/17/11 02:26 AM
Mr. Cummings complaining about people saying bad things about on the internet is akin to complaining the sky is blue. It should be water off a ducks back. With luck, this post will be case in point.

I'm happy to see Ian and Phil go because to me they play a significant role in the crap that has occurred year after year on next gen. I may be wrong, I know next to nothing on EA's inner workings and am not in any way invested enough to find out (I've discovered, to my great and everlasting chagrin, that not enough people are concerned when they displease me - thus my displeasure is forever wasted).

Unfortunately, while Madden 12 appears to be what I've wanted Madden to be for years I fail to understand how people can place faith in a game that they have not played based on reviews from sites that rarely have little bad to say. Fool me once and all that nonsense. Luckily, if Madden 12 actually turns out to be amazing and then Madden 13 etc. returns to the dark years, I"ll delete this post and tearfully claim how I always lamented the loss of Ian and Phil!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.