Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Hoops737 @ 06/17/11 03:23 PM
Definitely looks slower than other videos we've seen.

Utah's jerseys look sick by the way. May have to start a Dynasty with them for that alone ha

# 22 moylan1234 @ 06/17/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
Ben has touched on some of the additions/improvements. I know the site will be going up around a week or so before launch. I'll see what other details I can gather and share.
Glad you brought that up, what we heard Ben say was we added stadiums and uniforms. The million dollar question around here is was he talking about new default teams stadiums and uniforms or new templates we can edit with in tb?

# 23 mvb34 @ 06/17/11 03:29 PM
Off topic question, Is the no huddle still in where I can call it at anytime and have access to the whole playbook?

# 24 gator3guy @ 06/17/11 03:39 PM
Big fan of the "smaller" schools. Let's see some C-USA/Sun Belt. Thanks for the vid. Looking forward to more.

# 25 gschwendt @ 06/17/11 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Big fan of the "smaller" schools. Let's see some C-USA/Sun Belt. Thanks for the vid. Looking forward to more.
I wouldn't mind seeing some Memphis at Arkansas State since that matchup happens early in the 2011 season.

# 26 TDiddy8701 @ 06/17/11 03:57 PM
looks like there will continue to be WAY too many pick-6s

# 27 khaliib @ 06/17/11 04:04 PM
The only thing that worries me, is that I hope we can plug in some stadium sounds to fill in the dead space between plays.

Did they not do the whole Band placement thing?

I remember 1,000's of submissions with crowd chants etc... when the community was asked for Band info by Dev's.

Where are they?
Did they not make it into the game?

I will definetly turn down/off the commentary.
I like the PA announcer over the bland commentary package that's there.
They just don't add any excitement to the game

# 28 Hoosiers86IU @ 06/17/11 04:07 PM
Still looks weird to see the new Pac-12 logo, plus also seeing that conference associated with Utah and Colorado. Seems like this match up has potential to develop into a good rivalry in the coming years.

# 29 nxt @ 06/17/11 04:08 PM
@ 10:08 mark - shouldn't that have been a sack & fumble?

# 30 DirtyJerz32 @ 06/17/11 04:14 PM
I love the gameplay and did last year. This is going to be a great year for football games.

I one thing to say and I said it last year. Why do the colors seem so washed out? Colors don't have that pop to them.

If you're unsure what I mean just watch any Madden 12 video and you'll see what I mean.

# 31 illwill10 @ 06/17/11 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
I saw your post today, but we had this planned. It's not the easiest to convert 12 minutes of HD footage as you can imagine. We'll have more videos coming and don't forget to tune into the demo detail announcement UStream next Tuesday for more live gameplay. It starts at 1pm ET. you can RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=173157446079074
I would love to see a weather game. I dont care which teams. I just want to see a Fog and a Snow game.

# 32 illwill10 @ 06/17/11 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
I love the gameplay and did last year. This is going to be a great year for football games.

I one thing to say and I said it last year. Why do the colors seem so washed out? Colors don't have that pop to them.

If you're unsure what I mean just watch any Madden 12 video and you'll see what I mean.
Especially with Black Jerseys and Tennessee's Orange Jersey looks washed out

# 33 moylan1234 @ 06/17/11 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
The only thing that worries me, is that I hope we can plug in some stadium sounds to fill in the dead space between plays.

Did they not do the whole Band placement thing?

I remember 1,000's of submissions with crowd chants etc... when the community was asked for Band info by Dev's.

Where are they?
Did they not make it into the game?

I will definetly turn down/off the commentary.
I like the PA announcer over the bland commentary package that's there.
They just don't add any excitement to the game
the band is there on Colorado's opening drive they're visible the whole time. Look above and to the right of the last "O" in Colorado there's a rectangle in the crowd that looks like it doesn't fit with the rest of the crowd

# 34 Watson @ 06/17/11 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDiddy8701
looks like there will continue to be WAY too many pick-6s
I NEVER get pick 6's. What are you talking about?

# 35 canes21 @ 06/17/11 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
I NEVER get pick 6's. What are you talking about?
You probably play with a higher speed threshold than him. I don't see too many pick 6's, or big plays, but I use a higher threshold which keeps anybody from just sprinting away like they're Mr. Bolt at the Olympics.

# 36 khaliib @ 06/17/11 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
the band is there on Colorado's opening drive they're visible the whole time. Look above and to the right of the last "O" in Colorado there's a rectangle in the crowd that looks like it doesn't fit with the rest of the crowd
I reference it more to the fact that if they were looking to place Bands in their correct locations, that hopefully the Bands would be portrayed (audo wise) perfroming in proper situations (in between plays) so that we don't have the dead space of the crowd in between plays that is noted in this and other video's.

# 37 Lavar @ 06/17/11 05:54 PM
Getting fed up with seeing user vs user games need to see a user vs cpu game.
Check to see if the option playbooks are broken and to see if the QB makes the right reads this time. Got fed in last years game of seeing the QB cross the line of scrimmage only to see him pitch the ball into the CB back.

Also want to see how quickly the cpu breaks huddle and if they let any time run off the playclock before snapping. And the no huddle of going into one formation with WR playing FB into another formation without even calling a play at the line needs to stop.

I'm I asking for to much ?

# 38 backinblack23 @ 06/17/11 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Two things I notice from these videos......

- Pass rush is still pitiful. What's the point of fixing the zone if we can't get any sort of pressure with our front four? I am going to absolutely pick that zone apart with no pass rush from my opponent's DL, so he'd better be bringing a blitz on every play and do his best to disguise where exactly it's coming from.

- Containment is still broken in rush D. It's too easy to just bounce it outside. Linebackers aren't hitting the gaps. Run blocking looks severely overpowered, again.
I say we wait and hold off on the pass rush conclusions, I believe in the Nebraksa vs. OSU video, the Cornhuskers Jarred Crick got a few sacks and created some havoc. Maybe these two teams have terrible Dlines also. I do agree with you that if the pass rush is like last year the zone defense wont work anyway cause Wr's will get open sooner or later. I would rather have no pass rush rather than last year it seemed like lower DL's would sometimes dominate higher rated OL's with ease.

I think the problem with run blocking is that the Lb'ers sometimes react too slow and that allows the o-line to open up huge holes where as the Lb'ers should get to the hole a little quicker and really force the RB to find the hole.

Otherwise the gameplay looks pretty good, the zone defense looked good and seemed to play correctly, there was a few plays where if Colorado would have read the defense correctly he had wide open guys streaking downfield. Even on the pick 6 there was a WR open farther down field, it finally seems like the offense is going to have to actually find a open receiver rather than just waiting for the skinny post or crossing route.

# 39 khaliib @ 06/17/11 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backinblack23
I say we wait and hold off on the pass rush conclusions.
Can't do that, it needs to be addressed before release.

We went through this dance last year of waiting and waiting and waiting for something to be done about the Pass Rush.

Also, I have seen not one word about the 3-4 OLB Pass Rush issue.
Especially since players are suppose to play towards their Classification this year (so they say) and OLB are only classified as Coverage and Run Stop.

Maybe this only applied to the QB's with how weird things are prioritized with this game.

Point blank though, the community made known this issue days after last years release and to see it constantly show in these vid's is an issue.

Even is Zone plays are called, there should be some type of pressure.
It doesn't have to be 2-4 sec pressure, but some type of pressure.

Guys getting Stonewalled by "One" OL is GARBAGE.
I can see if they are doubled teamed, but by one guy, that's just Junk-Tweaking.

# 40 Playmakers @ 06/17/11 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
I'm trying really hard to find a difference in gameplay from '11 to '12 and i'm just not seeing it. This looks like NCAA '11 to me. I wish that wasn't the case and maybe the videos aren't doing the game justice. I'm still buying, but still, dissappointing
I don't think it's a huge upgrade at all.....i think it's a more refined game with cosmetic improvements that's not a bad thing IMO.

but did anyone really expect a major jump up from 11 to 12?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.