Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 MrRudy @ 06/17/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I liked the vid, but I did notice 1 nagging issue from '11 that reared its ugly head here. @ roughly the 5:30 point in the vid, on 4th down the OSU guy went to "ask coach" (which is what the CPU uses to call its plays) and he was told to try a 53 yd FG (which he missed way short). It looks like the CPU will still be trying absurdly long FGs that their kicker doesn't have the leg to make.
Sigh... We can only hope that your observation was a mirage and this only happens in Human vs. Human games. I'm still trying my best to stay positive and keeping faith in EA's ability to catch the little flaws that gave us headaches and caused us to bellyache for hours on OS.

# 22 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/17/11 07:19 PM
Another thing that stood out to me was the lack of blocking on WR screens. That needs to be fixed.

# 23 nxt @ 06/17/11 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewiel
Yea, you'll notice that this year for sure.
Can you show a game between a team with dominant DL versus a team with an average or below OL. Without controlling anyone on the DL or a blitzing LB, I'd like to see how much improvement has been made with the CPU controlled front four pass rush.

That's what I loved about the last gen (specifically NCAA 06), when playing against teams with "impact players" on the DL, you had to know where that player was at all times because he was always capable of making a great play. IMO, I haven't really been able to tell the difference between the impact players and regular players on this gen.

# 24 noplace @ 06/17/11 07:37 PM
EA should be ashamed of themselves for that commentary or lack there of. Game looks good but still concerned with the pass rush.

# 25 BoondockSooner @ 06/17/11 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Another thing that stood out to me was the lack of blocking on WR screens. That needs to be fixed.
YES. Unless you intentionally run your man towards oncoming defenders, you will not get a block from a WR...

# 26 boomersooner31 @ 06/17/11 07:52 PM
I heard the PA guy in the background go "and he moves the chains for another Oklahoma State First Down!"....nice little touch. Was that always in the game?!

# 27 noplace @ 06/17/11 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
They say suctioning is gone, yet the DEs are getting suctioned into the OT on every single speed rush. Their same ol' little "dancing around the pocket" animation. That crap sucks.

Y'all better get ready for zone blitzes, because it's going to dominate '12.
Suction has been replaced with canned animations I guess

# 28 NEW_ORLEANS @ 06/17/11 08:39 PM
My god the crowd was dead. Too much dead air in between plays.

# 29 splff3000 @ 06/18/11 09:55 AM
Why was this called 11 minutes of unedited gameplay when the video was clearly edited? lol

Anyway, I hate to say it, but if this vid had no title, other than a play or 2, I'd swear this was 11. On the very first pass in the game, the defender is in position to stop the pass, but just kinda slows down there and the WR runs past him to make the catch. Look at it again. He's in perfect position then something happens lol. You guys have already talked about the lack of a pass rush and the long fg's again, so I'm not gonna go into that. I'm prolly getting NCAA anyway, but I have been anything but impressed from the NCAA vids I've seen so far. They're not bad, they just......well............... they just look like 11.

# 30 ViciousFoLife @ 06/18/11 11:45 AM
The play around 7:30 was a nice brutal hit after the catch, one of those plays where I tell my WR sorry after putting him through that lol.

# 31 boxtrev @ 06/18/11 12:53 PM
I'm sorry, but we're five iterations into NG NCAA and EA still has not implemented things that were in the game last generation nor fixed things that we have been clamoring about for YEARS: no DL speed rush, horrible commentary, lack of FCS teams, mediocre presentation, absence of College Gameday.

I think one poster said it best when he used the word "ashamed." Honestly, if I put out a product like this with minor improvements from year to year, I'd be "ashamed."

# 32 boxtrev @ 06/18/11 12:56 PM
Oh. I forgot to add to that list non-existent Special Teams. Impossible to return a punt, impossible to miss a field goal, impossible to block punts or field goals. Meh.

# 33 CTP @ 06/18/11 02:01 PM
The Dreads already annoy me. C.J Mosely, Robert Lester, and Marquis Maze's all have dreads in that video.

# 34 trobinson97 @ 06/18/11 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTP
The Dreads already annoy me. C.J Mosely, Robert Lester, and Marquis Maze's all have dreads in that video.

So edit them out. Lester really does have dreads btw.

# 35 outlaw24 @ 06/18/11 03:19 PM
i love the way they fixed zone coverage this year, and to clear everything up on pressure on the QB, if you think about it its 5v4 and most likely the ol are better as pass blocking than run blocking. see it all the time.

# 36 AuburnAlumni @ 06/18/11 03:27 PM
No pass rush angers me.

# 37 SteelerSpartan @ 06/18/11 03:44 PM
Man that reminded me a little too much of 09's Impenetrable Wall O-Lines

A good front 4 should be breathing on the QB in an average of about 3-4 secs.....thats what you should be shooting for....3-4 Secs

And heres a Patch Tuner/Request already by the looks of that vid:

After you turn up the Pass Rush across the board

****Give the Interior DTs and 3-4 DEs more of a Power Push animation and less of the completely coming free variety......Have em push the OL right back into the QB****

And let the ratings of the DL vs OL, like strength, determine the speed of the push
Note: In most cases the OL should always be getting pushed back a little

Heres an example

Now the 4-3 DEs/3-4 OLBs need to shoot off the ball and get up the field fast taking away that immediate roll out out that so many people like to do in these games

Listen Im still excited for the game, but these changes are desperately needed to enhance ,specifically, the Online gameplay and strategy

# 38 AuburnAlumni @ 06/18/11 04:06 PM
Realistic and effective pass rush is CRITICAL. Otherwise, you set yourself up for every game being 42-41, 38-35, 52-45, etc. No one should have 8-15 seconds to complete a pass. Defense becomes impossible at that point.

Not saying that's the case here, but if EA neutered the pass rush, that's exactly what it will turn into.

# 39 outlaw24 @ 06/18/11 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Realistic and effective pass rush is CRITICAL. Otherwise, you set yourself up for every game being 42-41, 38-35, 52-45, etc. No one should have 8-15 seconds to complete a pass. Defense becomes impossible at that point.

Not saying that's the case here, but if EA neutered the pass rush, that's exactly what it will turn into.
if you really think about it though, most games in real life are like that. since your an auburn fan i can assume you know they had theyre fair share of those games. jus sayin

# 40 AuburnAlumni @ 06/18/11 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw24
if you really think about it though, most games in real life are like that. since your an auburn fan i can assume you know they had theyre fair share of those games. jus sayin
Most games are not like that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.