Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Details for the NCAA Football 12 demo have been released, according to Platform Nation.

Quote:
Today (June 21) at 1pm ET/ 10am PT you will be able to check out the demo via EA SPORTS Stream as EA will be giving all the details for the upcoming demo for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. But when will you be able to get your hands on the demo for yourself? Mark your calenders for June 28 as the demo that is being showcased today will be the demo that will be available on Xbox LIVE and the PlayStation Store for you to checkout for yourself.

In addition, the demo will showcase Oregon vs. Texas and Alabama vs. Florida State in four two-minute quarters. There will also be selectable difficulty levels and live tuner packs. You will also have the opportunity to unlock five Pro Combat jerseys for the full retail game.

You can also check out the archived stream below of EA developers playing the demo:

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 PVarck31 @ 06/21/11 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
You still get completely blown up in Madden and NCAA AT TIMES from what I've played. It's weird though because it seems like some games it works real well, and then other games they don't bite at all. I don't know if that means it's working right or like it's a switch that was flipped before each game that decided we're going to bite or not.
Yeah, I have definitely seen it work in other vids for both Madden and NCAA. Maybe it depends on the whether the defense was blitzing. I don't know. You would like to think such a glaring issue from last year would be fixed. But who knows it might be fixed in the final build. Maybe the vids we say were a build later than the demo.

Either way I will at least rent the game.

# 142 Craigsca @ 06/21/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
I'll have to ask Confucius for the answer.

I just wanted to point out to you that spending time on dreadlocks and mascots does not equal spending no time on gameplay. That is a Chewbacca defense, not a logical point. Hence the original bad trolling comment.

No one said you can't have an opinion, but having an opinion that takes reality into account would be helpful probably.
I agree - once the money has been budgeted for the individual teams (art vs. gameplay). But, I would assume budgets are created before the individual teams are - and couldn't that money have been allocated for additional gameplay engineering?

Really, it's embarrassing to think that all the $$$ spent on having additional "pageantry" consisting of cut scenes before a game (that the majority of us will click through after seeing it once or twice) could have been devoted to a CPU running game or making a play action pass effective.

Really, it's incumbent upon the user community to be the squeaky wheel when it comes to this.

# 143 dan_457 @ 06/21/11 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I don't get this type of response.

They are showing off the demo. They advertise it and set up streams and chats for it. Are people not suppose to talk about what they are showing off?
But when people go berserk over what is an outdated build, and won't even be the final product, I take issue. There's a big difference between a discussion and panic. We've seen footage from a more recent build of the game, and many people are acting like this is what we're getting, when we've already seen from the E3 video's that's not the case.

# 144 Rules @ 06/21/11 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms24forever
Wait! You said you were not getting this game. I wish I could remember what thread it was in, so why are you here trolling about a game you are not buying?
Correct, held out to see the final build. Still not saying that I am not getting the game as pointed out the demo isn't usually a final build but it has to be pre beta and not 2 months old.

If the gameplay issues don't get addressed then I standby my comment of passing and holding onto NCAA 11 for another year. Is that a problem, too much to ask for $60?

# 145 The JareBear @ 06/21/11 02:27 PM
well, I remember posting a couple times a week ago that as soon as the demo comes out, watch out on these forums.

I have two things to say, one on each side of the coin.

A.) This is nowhere near a recent build of the game, it was submitted more than 6 weeks ago if I remember correctly.

B.) That being said, the gameplay shown in this video is very concerning. Yes, the CPU shotgun running is absolutely atrocious. Ball Carrier logic seemed flawed as well. There were a number of issues from NCAA 11 apparent in this demo footage and you can't blame people for noticing that.

I just hope that EA has spent the time to fix these things in the 2 months or so they had had before the game goes gold.

# 146 acts238shaun @ 06/21/11 02:28 PM
Suction, bad zone defense, bad FG choices by CPU and the CPU ball carrier covering up all the way down the field were my biggest issues with NCAA 11. It looks like all those were fixed, so I am happy with that. Just don't like the fact EA ducks questions like Floyd Mayweather ducks a court hearing.

# 147 Rules @ 06/21/11 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
I agree - once the money has been budgeted for the individual teams (art vs. gameplay). But, I would assume budgets are created before the individual teams are - and couldn't that money have been allocated for additional gameplay engineering?

Really, it's embarrassing to think that all the $$$ spent on having additional "pageantry" consisting of cut scenes before a game (that the majority of us will click through after seeing it once or twice) could have been devoted to a CPU running game or making a play action pass effective.

Really, it's incumbent upon the user community to be the squeaky wheel when it comes to this.
Finally someone who understands

Like competition, it drives one to be better.

# 148 Craigsca @ 06/21/11 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
It's not that, it's just that people are quoting this info like it's the final build, and they're shipping "this" to stores tomorrow. I take this info with a grain of salt. Plus, you can't make a real inference until you get the game in your hands.

I remember this same response happening over the NCAA 11 demo last year.
So, tell me why a critical piece of gameplay that has never functioned properly in multiple iterations of the game -- such as PA passing or the ability for the CPU to run out of the spread -- will be fixed in the short timeframe between demo build and final release? Now, if they mention it being fixed that's one thing, but it sounds to me like they've ignored these issues for a while and have no intent to fix them in such a short time period.

# 149 acts238shaun @ 06/21/11 02:30 PM
They did say that they would drop tuners in the demo vid so the demo played like the retail version, unless I am imagining things.

# 150 Rules @ 06/21/11 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
well, I remember posting a couple times a week ago that as soon as the demo comes out, watch out on these forums.

I have two things to say, one on each side of the coin.

A.) This is nowhere near a recent build of the game, it was submitted more than 6 weeks ago if I remember correctly.

B.) That being said, the gameplay shown in this video is very concerning. Yes, the CPU shotgun running is absolutely atrocious. Ball Carrier logic seemed flawed as well. There were a number of issues from NCAA 11 apparent in this demo footage and you can't blame people for noticing that.

I just hope that EA has spent the time to fix these things in the 2 months or so they had had before the game goes gold.
Correct and if these problems from what we are seeing in the demo were never addressed then it is too late now as the game has already gone gold.

# 151 Wildcats302 @ 06/21/11 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Okay, so we aren't allowed to make judgements on these videos. Why show them if to not show off? If you call me and tell me al about your new car, then shows me a picture of it and it looks like crap, am I supposed to wait until I see it in person? I'm just saying in fairness to the NCAA Team, this probably is not the newest build.

ALSO

Ben looks like a tomato, it must be hot in there or he is really sunburnt
My car might get totally pimped out before you see it in person 2 months later...just like this demo is a build of 2 months before release most likely. It would be like me telling you this is the now picture of the car but wait for the final product to make a final judgment and you are still acting like the sky is falling and I have a crap car.

The truth is, you do not know how it will turn out.

# 152 The JareBear @ 06/21/11 02:34 PM
I also have to say, that I think EA relies too much on just releasing "tuner packs." When Ben was asked questions about fixing issues in the game in previous videos he would say "we tuned this" or "we tuned that," well maybe instead of tuning we need rip stuff out and rebuild a better part to put back in to make it work better from the ground up.

# 153 themassacre771.1 @ 06/21/11 02:35 PM
I really really hope they fix shotgun running

# 154 Bumble14 @ 06/21/11 02:36 PM
Quote:
Just for the record, I actually saw some nice shotgun running by CPU, as well as some nice mobile QB plays from the shotgun when watching the E3 demo.
Chase also witnessed a very aggressive Baylor spread attack take me apart.

I think this issue has more to do with Oregon than "spread" teams. For some reason the Ducks can't seem to get any type of ground game going out of the shotgun, yet other CPU teams I saw at E3 with similar offenses were pretty dynamic.

# 155 dan_457 @ 06/21/11 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I also have to say, that I think EA relies too much on just releasing "tuner packs." When Ben was asked questions about fixing issues in the game in previous videos he would say "we tuned this" or "we tuned that," well maybe instead of tuning we need rip stuff out and rebuild a better part to put back in to make it work better from the ground up.
By tuned, I'm sure he doesn't mean they have tuner packs already planned. Just replace tuned with tweaked in those sentences. Once we get the game and tear it to shreds, then they'll start releasing the crappy tuner packs.

# 156 Rules @ 06/21/11 02:38 PM
Quote:
So, tell me why a critical piece of gameplay that has never functioned properly in multiple iterations of the game -- such as PA passing or the ability for the CPU to run out of the spread -- will be fixed in the short timeframe between demo build and final release? Now, if they mention it being fixed that's one thing, but it sounds to me like they've ignored these issues for a while and have no intent to fix them in such a short time period.
See this is why I had to chime in. This has been my pet peeve since day one. Fix this before adding fluff that doesn't really change the gameplay. Dreadlocks.........mascots.........needed to be added last instead of what I perceive was a primary goal this year. Are there other improvements and other issues fixed, clearly yes from what I have seen. However, you just touched on the two plays that are widely used in college football and that is has to make you question their priorities.

# 157 DorianDonP @ 06/21/11 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Chase also witnessed a very aggressive Baylor spread attack take me apart.

I think this issue has more to do with Oregon than "spread" teams. For some reason the Ducks can't seem to get any type of ground game going out of the shotgun, yet other CPU teams I saw at E3 with similar offenses were pretty dynamic.
Then something is broken if that is the case.

# 158 blkrptnt819 @ 06/21/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
They are ducking more than Mayweather. I tweeted three times, asking if the playbook set for teambuilder high school teams transfer to RTG. No answer.

Also, PA passes are free sacks again this year it seems.
They blatantly said u have to use the coaches playbook of the college team you go to.

# 159 ChaseB @ 06/21/11 02:41 PM
Quote:

Someone who actually makes an entire point (take notes Rules!).

Anyway, I would say it's a valid assumption, albeit, still somewhat off base. These are still two separate entities. The guys working on one thing are not on the other, so it's just incumbent on both sides to play into their roles. It's not like they go in saying we're not going to focus on known issues, let's just make it look prettier.

And even if that's not the case, if there were no presentation upgrades, there would be tons of complaints as well. I would hardly call it embarrassing adding pageantry into the game, and I am not one of those people who auto-skips intros -- I still watch the intros in NBA 2K11 for example. If you do skip then fair enough, but don't assume every gamer is like you.

If anything, the fact that EA already said it's going to be increasing the size of the football team says the company is serious about gameplay, which is an actual tangible fact.

# 160 Craigsca @ 06/21/11 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
See this is why I had to chime in. This has been my pet peeve since day one. Fix this before adding fluff that doesn't really change the gameplay. Dreadlocks.........mascots.........needed to be added last instead of what I perceive was a primary goal this year. Are there other improvements and other issues fixed, clearly yes from what I have seen. However, you just touched on the two plays that are widely used in college football and that is has to make you question their priorities.
Well, it stinks, but you know why this occurs. You can't list "Play-Action Passing is now Functional!" on the back of a box.

Still, it's up to the user community (who they apparently listen to) to be strident about these issues for them to make a change.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.