Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Details for the NCAA Football 12 demo have been released, according to Platform Nation.

Quote:
Today (June 21) at 1pm ET/ 10am PT you will be able to check out the demo via EA SPORTS Stream as EA will be giving all the details for the upcoming demo for the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. But when will you be able to get your hands on the demo for yourself? Mark your calenders for June 28 as the demo that is being showcased today will be the demo that will be available on Xbox LIVE and the PlayStation Store for you to checkout for yourself.

In addition, the demo will showcase Oregon vs. Texas and Alabama vs. Florida State in four two-minute quarters. There will also be selectable difficulty levels and live tuner packs. You will also have the opportunity to unlock five Pro Combat jerseys for the full retail game.

You can also check out the archived stream below of EA developers playing the demo:

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/21/11 02:42 PM
Tune shotgun running ? I doubt it........

If they couldn't tune shotgun running last year or scrambling QBs last year via tuner or patch.......

I doubt they will be able to tune it this year far as shotgun running goes.....

You can't tune whats not in the engine. And apparently running out of the spread offense isn't in their engine. Because out of all the videos I seen, everytime the cpu try to run out of the shotgun it is automatic 5 yard lost.

# 162 walshcav @ 06/21/11 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I also have to say, that I think EA relies too much on just releasing "tuner packs." When Ben was asked questions about fixing issues in the game in previous videos he would say "we tuned this" or "we tuned that," well maybe instead of tuning we need rip stuff out and rebuild a better part to put back in to make it work better from the ground up.
This

And that's a perfect analogy

# 163 jfsolo @ 06/21/11 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
So, tell me why a critical piece of gameplay that has never functioned properly in multiple iterations of the game -- such as PA passing or the ability for the CPU to run out of the spread -- will be fixed in the short timeframe between demo build and final release? Now, if they mention it being fixed that's one thing, but it sounds to me like they've ignored these issues for a while and have no intent to fix them in such a short time period.
I don't play demos or get up in arms about early builds, but my thinking is the same on this issue. Given how poorly these things were implemented in NCAA 11, I would have thought that these glaring gameplay flaws would have already been totally fixed in even the early builds that they chose to allow the public to see.

Its seems that these things were not a high priority issue for them, which to me is totally inexplicable, given how greatly it affects games vs. the CPU.

Were there not enough people on the gameplay team or enough time in the development cycle to fix the zones, exponentially reduce the suctioning/warping, and fix CPU shotgun/read option logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Chase also witnessed a very aggressive Baylor spread attack take me apart.

I think this issue has more to do with Oregon than "spread" teams. For some reason the Ducks can't seem to get any type of ground game going out of the shotgun, yet other CPU teams I saw at E3 with similar offenses were pretty dynamic.
I hope this is the case.

# 164 khaliib @ 06/21/11 02:45 PM
Well I missed 90% of the Upstream, so I thought I would look through the responses here.

I will say that this site has gone down quite a bit on the discussion side compared to about 4 years ago.
I don't know how or why, but now it seems that even those on Staff have taken to the road of "Attacking" in their responses.

I wanted to read about good discussion about the demo, but found little info to help me to get an idea on the 90% I missed.

Oh well!!

It seems from most gamer reponses that Player Ratings and Sliders will need tweaking again to get Shotgun/Option Teams to behave somewhat better.
-And to think that there is some serious reason why we can't edit recruit ratings during Dynasty play to help in this area.

Also seems like RTG is this year's "New Slogan" they've chosen to ride as the big draw.
-I'm sure I'll find something fun about it as I always do with any sports game.

I like that he said that FATIGUE will be a factor.
My concern is that this will only showcase within RTG and not Dynasty.

I know that YouTube will be flooded with Demo breakdown's by June 29th.
It will be fun to see.

# 165 Rules @ 06/21/11 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Then something is broken if that is the case.
Especially since Oregon has double the rushing yards of their opponents last season.

# 166 Rules @ 06/21/11 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I don't play demos or get up in arms about early builds, but my thinking is the same on this issue. Given how poorly these things were implemented in NCAA 11, I would have thought that these glaring gameplay flaws would have already been totally fixed in even the early builds that they chose to allow the public to see.

Its seems that these things were not a high priority issue for them, which to me is totally inexplicable, given how greatly it affects games vs. the CPU.

Were there not enough people on the gameplay team or enough time in the development cycle to fix the zones, exponentially reduce the suctioning/warping, and fix CPU shotgun/read option logic.

I hope so this is the case.
Take note Chase!

It seems that you are the only one who doesn't get it as I am reading money post after money post.

# 167 woody56 @ 06/21/11 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Good answer for editing players in dynasty
what was said?

# 168 acts238shaun @ 06/21/11 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
They blatantly said u have to use the coaches playbook of the college team you go to.
I meant for HS teambuilder teams, I know about the college part. If I create my high school team with a 4-2-5 defense and a pro offense will that carry over to RTG? That's what I asked.

# 169 Pokes404 @ 06/21/11 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
My car might get totally pimped out before you see it in person 2 months later...just like this demo is a build of 2 months before release most likely. It would be like me telling you this is the now picture of the car but wait for the final product to make a final judgment and you are still acting like the sky is falling and I have a crap car.

The truth is, you do not know how it will turn out.
Can we not infer that things that have been wrong in the game for 4-5 years, and are still present in this footage, probably aren't going to be fixed in the 1-2 months between this build and the final build?

Let's say you've taken that same car into the shop for one month every summer. Let's also say that the turn blinkers on that car have been broken for 5 years. Well, if you show me video that the blinkers still don't work a week before you're supposed to pick up the car, is it not reasonable to assume that they're probably not going to work again? Yeah, you don't know for sure, but if I had to put money on it, I'm going to say the blinkers will be busted again.

Also, would it be out of line for you to ask the mechanic, "Any chance you're going to get to the blinkers this year? That new coat of paint looks really good, but I'd like to be able to change lanes without getting yelled at by other drivers this year."

# 170 Hova57 @ 06/21/11 02:53 PM
I get the concern how about instead of the sky is falling reaction we start a thread of the possible fixes for the demo seeing that we can get atleast one tuner uploaded before the game comes out.

# 171 ChaseB @ 06/21/11 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Take note Chase!

It seems that you are the only one who doesn't get it as I am reading money post after money post.
Holy vendetta.

I like how you've turned me pointing out your poor trolling attempt into some grander point about how I'm saying people can't have an opinion about potential gameplay issues.

All you're doing is riding the coattails of others as they actually use sentences and a thought process to write out what you were apparently unable to do in your own words.

Again, you being a bad troll does not mean there are not points to be made. It just means you need to improve your game.

Quote:
Yep, too much time spent on mascots and dreadlocks and not enough on the gameplay.
Quote:
I think you are too attached and no longer can be biased.

# 172 Wildcats302 @ 06/21/11 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Can we not infer that things that have been wrong in the game for 4-5 years, and are still present in this footage, probably aren't going to be fixed in the 1-2 months between this build and the final build?

Let's say you've taken that same car into the shop for one month every summer. Let's also say that the turn blinkers on that car have been broken for 5 years. Well, if you show me video that the blinkers still don't work a week before you're supposed to pick up the car, is it not reasonable to assume that they're probably not going to work again? Yeah, you don't know for sure, but if I had to put money on it, I'm going to say the blinkers will be busted again.

Also, would it be out of line for you to ask the mechanic, "Any chance you're going to get to the blinkers this year? That new coat of paint looks really good, but I'd like to be able to change lanes without getting yelled at by other drivers this year."
Fair enough. In that case my advice would be to sell the car and not buy another that you think will have the same faults. Likewise, sell NCAA 11 and do not buy 12 if you think it's going to have the same flaws. Then you can stop posting and complaining about this year's game.

# 173 coogrfan @ 06/21/11 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I'm not watching this, but you guys are making seem like the worst football game ever. I mean seriously, is it that bad?
Two words--Overreaction Sports.

# 174 Rules @ 06/21/11 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404

........................ I literally just did this.

# 175 Gotmadskillzson @ 06/21/11 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I get the concern how about instead of the sky is falling reaction we start a thread of the possible fixes for the demo seeing that we can get atleast one tuner uploaded before the game comes out.
Hopefully it turns out better then Fight Night Champions demo live tuners exchange. They started off strong but quickly abandoned ship and started blaming everybody in the world for why their game is the way it is.

# 176 Rules @ 06/21/11 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Holy vendetta.

I like how you've turned me pointing out your poor trolling attempt into some grander point about how I'm saying people can't have an opinion about potential gameplay issues.

All you're doing is riding the coattails of others as they actually use sentences and a thought process to write out what you were apparently unable to do in your own words.

Again, you being a bad troll does not mean there are not points to be made. It just means you need to improve your game.
You know what brother it is all good and fun. I always enjoy reading your reviews and I look forward to your NCAA 12 review. Keep up the good work!

# 177 sportzbro @ 06/21/11 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I also have to say, that I think EA relies too much on just releasing "tuner packs." When Ben was asked questions about fixing issues in the game in previous videos he would say "we tuned this" or "we tuned that," well maybe instead of tuning we need rip stuff out and rebuild a better part to put back in to make it work better from the ground up.
No, they'll save that for the next gen of consoles where we have to start from scratch and the cycle begins again anyway. Until then, they are just going to pile on fixes on top of a weak foundation.

Honestly, after the stream, I don't really notice much of a difference from 11. Besides the new ESPN overlays and improved tackling... ahhh yea. I'll still probably play it, but man. There is just SOMETHING missing from this game and I can't figure it out.

# 178 poopoop @ 06/21/11 03:00 PM
Man "early build" has to be one of the most overused terms on these forums. Up there with "moving in the right direction."

Anyway what are the demo matchups gonna be?

# 179 DorianDonP @ 06/21/11 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Man "early build" has to be one of the most overused terms on these forums. Up there with "moving in the right direction."

Oregon at Texas

Alabama at Florida State

# 180 ChaseB @ 06/21/11 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop

Oregon @ Texas and Alabama @ Florida State.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.