Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Back by popular demand!

In case you don't realize, the thread we all helped out on for NBA 2k11 was certainly used in fine tuning some details for the game. Let's get this party started for NBA 2k12.

Some rules:

This thread will focus on things such as the following:

Arenas
Player Faces
Player Accessories
Jersey Mistakes

Let's keep the topic focused in these areas. Compiling this information only benefits us.

Now to start and expand on something 2k added this year:

Buzzer beaters
There has to be better emotion out of things like this. You can see 2k put in a variety of fist pump animations and such and it was a great start. Before that, 2k10 had a rare few, including this one:

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (SIDE NOTE: PLEASE have someone look at the flash player for your site. Embedding videos does not work with the code provided and you get the gray box as seen above)

We need more like this with players running to the other side of the court with the number one finger up or running and stopping and staring at the crowd.

Here is a GREAT reference video.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE CROWD!!

Add yours and we'll put them all in this post.

Player Specific
- Body Types - There need to be more body types in the game. Players like Duncan, Pierce and Glenn Big Baby Davis just don't look right chiseled. Examples:
Wiry - Skinny and long - Tayshaun Prince, Kevin Durant, George Hill
Normal - Undefined muscles - Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce, Anderson Varejao, Samuel Dalembert
Muscular - Very defined - Dwight Howard
Hefty - Big and bulky, a little "chunky" - Glenn Davis, DeJuan Blair

-Player faces in need of updates: Carmelo Anthony, Danny Granger, Matt Bonner, Andrew Bynum, George Hill, Andray Blatche, Javale McGee, Deron Williams, James Harden, Kendrick Perkins, Carlos Boozer, Bill Walker, Wilson Chandler, Joakim Noah, Luol Deng is bald, Andrew Bogut, Monta Ellis, Nick Young, Andrea Bargnani, David Lee,

Carlos Boozer - Signature motion after dunk, scream and head bob up/down
Wesley Matthews - Signature taunt after a three.

Tatoos - Wilson Chandler is in DIRE need of an update. References: 1, 2, 3, 4

Signature Shots - Bargnani and Calderon were changed by the 2k Insider over the course of the season to a better shot. PLEASE don't change it back to their sig's, which were actually off.

Accessories
-Calf Sleeves - Half size and Full size (There is a SLIGHT difference here. At first they look the same but HALF doesn't reach ankle and FULL does.) Don't forget the sleeve pads.
-Small Knee Pads
-BIG Knee braces - As seen on Duncan and Bosh.
-Adidas license - Especially Dwight Howards double arm braces. (We know it's a license issue - but get it anyway. )
-Elbow Bands - You have them below the elbow (probably b/c of graphical glitches). They go on the elbow. One thing you can do is take the arm sleeves and modify that. Less work and solves the problem quickly.
-Player warm up jackets - Randomly add them to players that come back to the bench after playing.
-Mouth guards
-Head bands - be able to position logo (front, angled L/R, Back) The NBA should be ok with this. If possible, try to sneak in upside down as well.
-Baller Bands - able to select two different colors
-Please make accessories specific to player's in-game injuries (SimBaller - this may require your help! )
-Oakley Goggles

Shoes
-Higher Res. shoes, please!
-Add more of 'em. 'nuff said. Even if it is through DLC!
Nike - Kobe Zoom 5/6, KD2/3, Air Max Fly By, Flight Lite 2010, Huarache 2010, Sharkley,
Adidas - Pro Model 2010, Infiltrate, Super Beast, Adizero Rose 1.5, Speedcut, Atitude MC's
Converse - EB3

Arena Specific
-Camera Angles! Create a camera angle setting called "Arena" and make it specific to that arena. Don't think your customers can't handle a slight change in angle - we can!
-New Orleans - Benches are reversed; Home is on the left, Visiting on the right (if you are facing the scorer's table)
-Verizon Center: Please fix the arena lighting. You guys have them playing in lights out lighting, and it's not the correct lighting used when watching their games on TV. The crowd should be very visible and the court lighting should be much brighter. The lighting you had in 2k10 was correct.
-Staples Center: Not dark enough on the crowd.
-MSG was very well done!
-Staples Center (Clippers) - Red needs to be more red. Looks more pinkish than red.
-Oracle Arena (Warriors) - Colors are off, especially the blue. Real life vs. In game.
-America Airlines Arena (Heat)

Jerseys
-Nets logo must be larger on the front (as opposed to this).
-The Raptors jerseys all have the maple leaf above the name on the back of the jersey now. In 2k11 it still only had the leaf on the black alternates. Ref. 1, 2, 3.

Other
-Pre-game shootaround in warmups
-Different gear on players during pre-game intro (Beats headphones, backpack, non-suit attire)
-Injury cut scene to the "tunnel"
-Injured players should get helped by at least one or two other teammates, not back away.
-Have the CPU send players to the scorers table for substitutions ... they always seem to run on the court in between FT's or during TO's.
-Different jersey fittings (tight, regular, loose)
-Accessory color selection right before tip-off (for players that wear "team specific" gear)
-Post game interview? Can make it just a cut scene as the announcers wrap up the game.
-Crowds wearing team-specific jerseys.
-Arena court "scuffs" as the season progresses.
-Players falling into fans and interacting with them
-Fans catching the ball and throwing it back when it goes out of bounds
-News from around the league during gameplay
-Other scores and stats from different games showing up in a ticker!
-CAP Tattoos need to be updated: Options for a sleeve, etc.
-Clear the bench on a game winner!

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 aloncho11 @ 08/14/11 11:24 AM
Some easy improvements for 2K12 Classic teams:

-Make the shot-clock like they were in the 80's and 90's, not big and cubed:

-Make the Boston Garden court and arena the right tone and brightness and give it an old jumbotron and no cheerleaders.

-Do the same to Chicago Stadium. The court color tones and arena lighting should be warmer. The player exits should be at the back of each sides backboards and not the sides like 2K11. Make the court graphics right: white baselines and 3pt line, red mid-court line, black circle around the center court logo and no lines overlapping the logo. Give it an old jumbotron.

-Make the backboard steel supports of the Hawks and Cavs red and orang respectively as they were back in the 80's and 90's :

# 262 aloncho11 @ 08/14/11 09:38 PM
^I'm going to post this again if needed, when the final list of "Greatest" comes out Friday.

# 263 AsianPowwwa @ 08/17/11 11:41 AM
They need to update Birdman's tattoos and I don't why his hair look grayish in this year's game.

# 264 seanbarkley @ 08/18/11 06:22 PM
I've seen 2 new shoe models in these new videos, but I still can't recognize which are those models. 2 things I didn't like:
- It seems that there're only 3 color combinations for each shoe.
- Still can't edit swoosh symbol and shoe laces separately.

# 265 LeBronistheKing @ 08/18/11 07:04 PM
LeBron James needs to have the logo placement on his headband corrected. It was correct in NBA 2K11 and now it's off centered. LeBron always has the NBA logo centered. I hope 2K corrects this.

# 266 J_Posse @ 08/18/11 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
LeBron James needs to have the logo placement on his headband corrected. It was correct in NBA 2K11 and now it's off centered. LeBron always has the NBA logo centered. I hope 2K corrects this.

Oh Lord, not this again. I'm sure this was just a over-site and will be correct in the final build.

# 267 skillz7854 @ 08/18/11 07:15 PM
Hopefully you can break the Glass in these Classic teams mode

Also make a TNT halftime report with Kenny Smith Chuck and Ernie

# 268 aloncho11 @ 08/18/11 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
I've seen 2 new shoe models in these new videos, but I still can't recognize which are those models. 2 things I didn't like:
- It seems that there're only 3 color combinations for each shoe.
- Still can't edit swoosh symbol and shoe laces separately.
Two new sock lengths too seemingly. At least on the screen on the left they look short (not ankle socks) and Dirk's are certainly not medium.

# 269 GSWarriors9 @ 08/18/11 08:40 PM
Monta Ellis tatoo's and facial hair

Dorell Wright tatoos, facial hair, rubberbands

David Lee chin hair

Last the hoop that holds up the basket is gold instead of the white they have in 2k11.

The Warriors away jerseys overall need some work, they are alittle to light in the game, they need to be royal blue. Then the court as many have stated before needs to be golden instead of that bright yellow they have in 2k11.

# 270 seanbarkley @ 08/19/11 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Two new sock lengths too seemingly. At least on the screen on the left they look short (not ankle socks) and Dirk's are certainly not medium.
I'd bet they made those short C.Butler socks to make them compatible with half-calf sleeves.

# 271 ffaacc03 @ 08/19/11 02:14 PM
Hey ! ... my man ... the man ... sean !

Good to see you around even if you wont be around the console this comming year !

# 272 Mr_Riddick @ 08/19/11 05:23 PM
Quote:
I'd bet they made those short C.Butler socks to make them compatible with half-calf sleeves.
I was thinking it was bc c. Butler had on high tops...

# 273 ZoneSix @ 08/19/11 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWarriors9
Monta Ellis tatoo's and facial hair

Dorell Wright tatoos, facial hair, rubberbands

David Lee chin hair

Last the hoop that holds up the basket is gold instead of the white they have in 2k11.

The Warriors away jerseys overall need some work, they are alittle to light in the game, they need to be royal blue. Then the court as many have stated before needs to be golden instead of that bright yellow they have in 2k11.
the warriors early 90's jsersey need work, too.

# 274 Mr_Riddick @ 08/19/11 08:34 PM
Ronnie2K
Ronnie 2K 2K12
@sohofx Next Developer Insight is a week from today, Art Direction.

We won't have long to wait!

# 275 seanbarkley @ 08/19/11 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Hey ! ... my man ... the man ... sean !

Good to see you around even if you wont be around the console this comming year !
Qué pasa hermano!I decided to save for 2012 Macbook Pro, so I'll be helping with the PS3 1 more year for sure!!

# 276 J_Posse @ 08/19/11 09:39 PM
I love you VC for adding the Twin Towers, but please don't use the same cyberface for Duncan. He's gotta have a more baby-faced look:

# 277 ffaacc03 @ 08/19/11 09:43 PM
Quote:
Qué pasa hermano!I decided to save for 2012 Macbook Pro, so I'll be helping with the PS3 1 more year for sure!!
Good to hear ... and if you happen to still have 2k11, you will LOVE the roster a commun friend of us currently has ... hopefully I will be in the PS3 too ... my console just got damaged, doesnt plays the discs and struggle to get them out, so I might or might not be depending on if it gets repaired.

Anyways, mi hermano, se le tiene mucha estima !

# 278 seanbarkley @ 08/20/11 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womalee23
Ronnie2K
Ronnie 2K 2K12
@sohofx Next Developer Insight is a week from today, Art Direction.

We won't have long to wait!
Seeing that they've made a lot of improvements with accessories, I'd be 100% happy if:
- they improve shoes in number and quality, letting us make real color combinations.
- Let us edit team colors they way we want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Good to hear ... and if you happen to still have 2k11, you will LOVE the roster a commun friend of us currently has ... hopefully I will be in the PS3 too ... my console just got damaged, doesnt plays the discs and struggle to get them out, so I might or might not be depending on if it gets repaired.

Anyways, mi hermano, se le tiene mucha estima !
Give me the name of that roster bro, I'd love to download it!and good look with your console, once you get 2k12 inside the console, there'd be no need to get it out again!

# 279 AsianPowwwa @ 08/24/11 09:08 AM
They need to update DeShawn Stevenson's tattoos.

# 280 Pared @ 08/24/11 09:48 AM
A lot of these posts are way too late - should have added them in earlier.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.