Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Back by popular demand!

In case you don't realize, the thread we all helped out on for NBA 2k11 was certainly used in fine tuning some details for the game. Let's get this party started for NBA 2k12.

Some rules:

This thread will focus on things such as the following:

Arenas
Player Faces
Player Accessories
Jersey Mistakes

Let's keep the topic focused in these areas. Compiling this information only benefits us.

Now to start and expand on something 2k added this year:

Buzzer beaters
There has to be better emotion out of things like this. You can see 2k put in a variety of fist pump animations and such and it was a great start. Before that, 2k10 had a rare few, including this one:

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (SIDE NOTE: PLEASE have someone look at the flash player for your site. Embedding videos does not work with the code provided and you get the gray box as seen above)

We need more like this with players running to the other side of the court with the number one finger up or running and stopping and staring at the crowd.

Here is a GREAT reference video.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE CROWD!!

Add yours and we'll put them all in this post.

Player Specific
- Body Types - There need to be more body types in the game. Players like Duncan, Pierce and Glenn Big Baby Davis just don't look right chiseled. Examples:
Wiry - Skinny and long - Tayshaun Prince, Kevin Durant, George Hill
Normal - Undefined muscles - Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce, Anderson Varejao, Samuel Dalembert
Muscular - Very defined - Dwight Howard
Hefty - Big and bulky, a little "chunky" - Glenn Davis, DeJuan Blair

-Player faces in need of updates: Carmelo Anthony, Danny Granger, Matt Bonner, Andrew Bynum, George Hill, Andray Blatche, Javale McGee, Deron Williams, James Harden, Kendrick Perkins, Carlos Boozer, Bill Walker, Wilson Chandler, Joakim Noah, Luol Deng is bald, Andrew Bogut, Monta Ellis, Nick Young, Andrea Bargnani, David Lee,

Carlos Boozer - Signature motion after dunk, scream and head bob up/down
Wesley Matthews - Signature taunt after a three.

Tatoos - Wilson Chandler is in DIRE need of an update. References: 1, 2, 3, 4

Signature Shots - Bargnani and Calderon were changed by the 2k Insider over the course of the season to a better shot. PLEASE don't change it back to their sig's, which were actually off.

Accessories
-Calf Sleeves - Half size and Full size (There is a SLIGHT difference here. At first they look the same but HALF doesn't reach ankle and FULL does.) Don't forget the sleeve pads.
-Small Knee Pads
-BIG Knee braces - As seen on Duncan and Bosh.
-Adidas license - Especially Dwight Howards double arm braces. (We know it's a license issue - but get it anyway. )
-Elbow Bands - You have them below the elbow (probably b/c of graphical glitches). They go on the elbow. One thing you can do is take the arm sleeves and modify that. Less work and solves the problem quickly.
-Player warm up jackets - Randomly add them to players that come back to the bench after playing.
-Mouth guards
-Head bands - be able to position logo (front, angled L/R, Back) The NBA should be ok with this. If possible, try to sneak in upside down as well.
-Baller Bands - able to select two different colors
-Please make accessories specific to player's in-game injuries (SimBaller - this may require your help! )
-Oakley Goggles

Shoes
-Higher Res. shoes, please!
-Add more of 'em. 'nuff said. Even if it is through DLC!
Nike - Kobe Zoom 5/6, KD2/3, Air Max Fly By, Flight Lite 2010, Huarache 2010, Sharkley,
Adidas - Pro Model 2010, Infiltrate, Super Beast, Adizero Rose 1.5, Speedcut, Atitude MC's
Converse - EB3

Arena Specific
-Camera Angles! Create a camera angle setting called "Arena" and make it specific to that arena. Don't think your customers can't handle a slight change in angle - we can!
-New Orleans - Benches are reversed; Home is on the left, Visiting on the right (if you are facing the scorer's table)
-Verizon Center: Please fix the arena lighting. You guys have them playing in lights out lighting, and it's not the correct lighting used when watching their games on TV. The crowd should be very visible and the court lighting should be much brighter. The lighting you had in 2k10 was correct.
-Staples Center: Not dark enough on the crowd.
-MSG was very well done!
-Staples Center (Clippers) - Red needs to be more red. Looks more pinkish than red.
-Oracle Arena (Warriors) - Colors are off, especially the blue. Real life vs. In game.
-America Airlines Arena (Heat)

Jerseys
-Nets logo must be larger on the front (as opposed to this).
-The Raptors jerseys all have the maple leaf above the name on the back of the jersey now. In 2k11 it still only had the leaf on the black alternates. Ref. 1, 2, 3.

Other
-Pre-game shootaround in warmups
-Different gear on players during pre-game intro (Beats headphones, backpack, non-suit attire)
-Injury cut scene to the "tunnel"
-Injured players should get helped by at least one or two other teammates, not back away.
-Have the CPU send players to the scorers table for substitutions ... they always seem to run on the court in between FT's or during TO's.
-Different jersey fittings (tight, regular, loose)
-Accessory color selection right before tip-off (for players that wear "team specific" gear)
-Post game interview? Can make it just a cut scene as the announcers wrap up the game.
-Crowds wearing team-specific jerseys.
-Arena court "scuffs" as the season progresses.
-Players falling into fans and interacting with them
-Fans catching the ball and throwing it back when it goes out of bounds
-News from around the league during gameplay
-Other scores and stats from different games showing up in a ticker!
-CAP Tattoos need to be updated: Options for a sleeve, etc.
-Clear the bench on a game winner!

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Mintsa @ 06/26/11 10:16 AM
The Raptors jerseys all have the maple leaf above the name on the back of the jersey now. In 2k11 it still only had the leaf on the black alternates. (Im guessing the memo from the NBA came to late....)

PS: Last year I made a post in the similar 2k11 thread and I gave numerous updates for the Raptors and the 2k staff fixed damn near everything from areana updates, court updates, player updates etc....

PPS: You also have to update Andrea Bargnani's face. He doesnt look like dracula....lol. I know he's not a popular player....but he's one of the Raps main guys and really needs an update.

PPPS: After much debate on the weekly2k insider roster thread on 2ksports.com. Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon shots were adjusted to a much more life like shot. PLEASE carry this over to 2k12 and do not but them back to there sig jumpers (they're not true to form).

# 82 Mintsa @ 06/26/11 10:19 AM
One more thing. When playing online can we get an option to set our favorite team so when we play a ranked match our team can already be selected for us instead of always having scroll thru and find it. (Madden has this).

# 83 wrestlinggod1 @ 06/26/11 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashless
Arenas
Put some more work into the arenas. As seen in the examples below;

- Crowd next to the player bench

Thankfully, they already added that.
But anyways, the bench in 2K11 and the early 2K12 build look waaaay to spaced out. Notice how players are packed up like sardines in the real life picture above. There are no empty seats between players.

# 84 Goffs @ 06/26/11 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Thankfully, they already added that.
But anyways, the bench in 2K11 and the early 2K12 build look waaaay to spaced out. Notice how players are packed up like sardines in the real life picture above. There are no empty seats between players.
yeah i noticed this awhile back...i think its because the player models are bit too bulky to have that packed look

i want to chime in on the arena sounds as i said earlier in my post that they did a great job in arena specific authenticity but as i type this post and listening to this....

it just sounds sooo much better...i think 2k is lacking the ambience of the PA system..not entirely sure what you call it but it sounds so much like its in an arena..

i would post examples of MSG chants but i cant find any of it online...

# 85 LionsFanNJ @ 06/26/11 11:30 AM
I think we're losing focus in the thread IMO. Starting to kinda look like a wishlist thread.

sent from parts unknown

# 86 Vickoompas @ 06/26/11 11:31 AM
Can Oracle Arena and the Warriors' jerseys PLEASE be fixed? Right now the shades of yellow and blue are so off I can't stand playing as them even though they are my local team. Also most of the players look ridiculously off especially Monta Ellis and David Lee.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is just like how red always looked pink. Pisses me off that the colors could be so off that it hurts my eyes to look at the floor...

# 87 wrestlinggod1 @ 06/26/11 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
yeah i noticed this awhile back...i think its because the player models are bit too bulky to have that packed look

i want to chime in on the arena sounds as i said earlier in my post that they did a great job in arena specific authenticity but as i type this post and listening to this....

it just sounds sooo much better...i think 2k is lacking the ambience of the PA system..not entirely sure what you call it but it sounds so much like its in an arena..

That sounded beautiful and the crowd looked amazing. All of the transitions were so smooth and really help make the arena authentic. Hopefully, 2K can do something like this.

Also, listen during free throws. This should happen in 2K.

# 88 Vickoompas @ 06/26/11 11:42 AM
Just noticed I said "off" so many times in my post, oops, but that is exactly how I feel about the GSW in 2k11 >

# 89 exposedaking @ 06/26/11 11:53 AM
please bring back the walking/skipping up court
lets get the TV CYCLE CAMERA VIEWS BACK

2k, its time for hi-res shoes..
no hate but, every player face needs to be redone

# 90 sandman0823 @ 06/26/11 12:29 PM
I am sure they are going to make some changes but not expecting all of these they game is pretty much completed. They are probably testing it making tweaks as needed. What I would like to see is full customization of shoes, laces and all. I would also like to real life injuris carry over into the association.

# 91 aloncho11 @ 06/26/11 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs

And look at the player on the bench...that's what I'm talking about. That should be imitated, if not improved .

# 92 scatman @ 06/26/11 01:55 PM
I would like the option to choose sock colors again, and I guess in a team builder way, choose whether we want to wear white or colored shoes with away and home uniforms. During most of the regular season, teams like chicago will wear white shoes with white accessories.

# 93 madden316 @ 06/26/11 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exposedaking
please bring back the walking/skipping up court
They said it's already in 2k12.

# 94 NealN42 @ 06/26/11 02:35 PM
Watching that Live 10 video...it's unacceptable that a game made 2 years ago has THAT much better crowd and bench reactions than 2k11. Plus, as another poster mentioned, the player models in 2k11 are just WAY too bulky. They need to work on the jerseys (which add a lot of bulk to each player as they hover over top of them by a large amount), and also work on conveying thin/lengthy players more...as not every NBA player is built like Dwight Howard. Although you might think they are from playing 2k11.

# 95 madden316 @ 06/26/11 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustay buchroia
Please add this signature motion :

Jason Terry's JET

Dirk's One-legged fade away :

They say the Jet is in, and they completely redone Dirk.

# 96 So Cal @ 06/26/11 02:40 PM
In 2k12 i would like to see the shoe editor be revamped. Im talking about as far as how you can customize the shoe color ways and all. I did like the fact that they had all of the Jordans and would like for them to continue to add others like the Air Pennys and Kobes actual shoe as well as Lebrons. One thing I was disappointed in was the fact that when editing the Jordan 11's I could not make the actual black and red colorway or the "Space Jam" edition. It was hurtful especially playing the Jordan Mode and see Mike not sport his shoe properly.

# 97 cavsfan2 @ 06/26/11 02:58 PM
Make shoe customizing more like NikeiD. It lets you pick colors for laces, rim of shoe etc.

# 98 youvalss @ 06/26/11 03:03 PM
Would be cool...AFTER they fix the elobw bands (and accessories in general), to also do what LIVE 08 or 09 did: Have signature text on the bands. Like Kid's band with "2" on it etc.

# 99 wrestlinggod1 @ 06/26/11 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
Make shoe customizing more like NikeiD. It lets you pick colors for laces, rim of shoe etc.
I was just about to post this. Look at how easily I made D. Wade's authentic shoes.

http://lockerz.com/s/109831011
http://lockerz.com/s/94707482

# 100 thechef128 @ 06/26/11 03:45 PM
along w/ the shoe editing yall talkin about, it'd be cool if u could wear different shoes for home and away games. like if i could wear jordan 11's at home and the 13's at away games

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.