Home
Fight Night Champion News Post

The second Title Update for Fight Night Champion has been released and is currently available for download on both PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360.

In case you missed it earlier, details for Title Update #2 can be found here.

Game: Fight Night ChampionReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
Fight Night Champion Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Cynick @ 06/28/11 07:39 AM
On further testing... I still don't see nearly enough swelling. Cuts and bruising look great but little or no puffy eyes even when I focus shots on 1 side of the head. I've seen cuts happen in the 2nd round, 8th round, and all in between though.

# 2 TarHeelPhenom @ 06/28/11 07:54 AM
The first thing I noticed this morning is stamina. If you have been playing with the sliders in order to make fighters lose stamina at a more consistant rate, you may wanna reset it to default 25...or between 20-25.

I (Kendall Holt) was fighting CPU(Paul McClosky). At the end of round one, My stamina bar was at 85 and I recovered 12% to 97. I threw no power shots at all. The CPU boxer was at 88% and he threw and connected on 10/27 power shots.

I threw 52 puinches total after the 1st round and he only threw 50.

That tells me people are going to pay for throw insane amounts of power shots!!!

One question I have for all of you. When a patch drops do you all reset your sliders to default or keep them as is?

# 3 Money99 @ 06/28/11 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
The first thing I noticed this morning is stamina. If you have been playing with the sliders in order to make fighters lose stamina at a more consistant rate, you may wanna reset it to default 25...or between 20-25.

I (Kendall Holt) was fighting CPU(Paul McClosky). At the end of round one, My stamina bar was at 85 and I recovered 12% to 97. I threw no power shots at all. The CPU boxer was at 88% and he threw and connected on 10/27 power shots.

I threw 52 puinches total after the 1st round and he only threw 50.

That tells me people are going to pay for throw insane amounts of power shots!!!

One question I have for all of you. When a patch drops do you all reset your sliders to default or keep them as is?
Great impressions Tarheel! Keep them coming!

# 4 DaveDQ @ 06/28/11 09:14 AM
Here are some online impressions.

Stamina is the lowest I have seen it. I don't know if it's because of the combination of throwing punches and then moving back but it is so low that you really have to watch what you do. I'm talking zombie walk by round two.

I fought three fights online. The first went the distance but by round 7 the guys were so gassed they looked like molasses. That was my first experience with the patch. My next two fights I was extremely cautious but fought a guy that was bombs away. Both fights ended in round two.

Two things I noticed...right away is how you can get on a guy that runs rather easily. If he goes against the ropes he slows down. If he runs, you can get up on him and trap. But more than that you really see him slow down because he's moving back. The problem I fear is that normal movement will drop stamina too much. In my first fight I was trying to circle the ring but my stamina was shot....and I threw 800 punches in 10 rounds. that's a lot to me but still when i say gassed...I mean almost nothing on my stamina bar.

I think though that overall the game is much better. I wonder if there will be a tuner to adjust stamina because I see some getting upset with how low it is now.

# 5 Money99 @ 06/28/11 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ

Stamina is the lowest I have seen it. I don't know if it's because of the combination of throwing punches and then moving back but it is so low that you really have to watch what you do. I'm talking zombie walk by round two.

I fought three fights online. The first went the distance but by round 7 the guys were so gassed they looked like molasses. That was my first experience with the patch. My next two fights I was extremely cautious but fought a guy that was bombs away. Both fights ended in round two.

Two things I noticed...right away is how you can get on a guy that runs rather easily. If he goes against the ropes he slows down. If he runs, you can get up on him and trap. But more than that you really see him slow down because he's moving back. The problem I fear is that normal movement will drop stamina too much. In my first fight I was trying to circle the ring but my stamina was shot....and I threw 800 punches in 10 rounds. that's a lot to me but still when i say gassed...I mean almost nothing on my stamina bar.

I think though that overall the game is much better. I wonder if there will be a tuner to adjust stamina because I see some getting upset with how low it is now.
Great stuff.
No matter what, one side is going to be upset. It sounds like if you box realistically, you'll have better success online.
I can't see how that would be seen as bad. But I've never met a 12-year-old that took losing well. Even if they didn't play the game correctly.

# 6 NYG_Meth @ 06/28/11 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ

Yeah, it is CRAZY low right now. They might have to adjust it a bit.

# 7 TarHeelPhenom @ 06/28/11 10:09 AM
Okay I've set a match up. CPU vs CPU Mayweather vs. Pac Man

I reset sliders to default with the exception of Counter Punch Window and CPU Punch Output(both set a zero)

Difficulty Level: GOAT
Min Rounds: 3 min

RD 1:

Stamina: Mayweather 96%, Pac Man 93%
Punches Thrown/Landed: Pac Man 29/75, Mayweather 21/42
Power Shots: Pac Man 11/26, Mayweather 6/22

RD 2:

Stamina: Mayweather 92%, Pac Man 88%
Punches Thrown/Landed: Pac Man 33/73, Mayweather 19/41
Power Shots: Pac Man 12/29, Mayweather 7/17

RD 3:

Stamina: Pac Man 84%, Mayweather 87%
Punches: Pac Man 34/75, Mayweather 18/40
Power Shots: Pac Man 10/19, Mayweather 10/19

Floyd dropped Pac Man with a sick left cross that he didn't even see coming LOL!!!

RD 4:

Stamina: Pac Man 82%, Mayweather 84%
Punches: Pac Man 24/58, Mayweather 22/49
Power Shots: Pac Man 8/20, Mayweather 8/19

RD 5:

Stamina: Pac Man 76%, Mayweather 79%
Punches: Pac Man 32/70, Mayweather 19/48
Power Shots: Pac Man 12/21, Mayweather 11/24

Pac Man dropped Floyd. Hit him with a left to stun him and then dropped him with a right hand.

RD 6:

Stamina: Pac Man 69%, Mayweather 74%
Punches: Pac Man 25/72, Mayweather 19/35
Power Shots: Pac Man 7/18, Mayweather 9/17

RD 7:

Stamina: Pac Man 64%, Mayweather 73%
Punches: Pac Man 39/69, Mayweather 13/37
Power Shots: Pac Man 16/23, Mayweather 7/19

Pac Man dropped Floyd again. This time with an uppercut to stun him and a straight left to drop him. Floyd stunned Pac Man with a right cross but he couldn't drop him.

RD 8:

Punches: Pac Man 15/38, Mayweather 13/32
Power Shots: Pac Man 4/11, Mayweather 5/17

Fight Over!!! Floyd knocks Pac Man out LOL!!! He hit him with a devastating uppercut to stun him and then dropped him with a left uppercut to the body!!

Final Fight Totals:

Pac Man: 231/530 43 % (80/167 power shots)
Mayweather: 144/324 44% (63/154 power shots)

My Observations:

1) This fight was fought with stamina slider set at default 25.
2) The clock runs faster when set at 3 min.
3) Punches have significantly more impact when a boxer throws multiple punches that takes his stamina bar down all the way. I saw an instance where Pac Man was throwing multiple shots and his stamina bar was low and Floyd hit him with a right cross and it almost emptied out his health meter and dropped him.
4) You could see the difference in the fighters output. With Floyd being a counter puncher and Pac Man being a high volume puncher. It was reflected in the stats.
5) I think we may enjoy this game after all!!!
6) Pac Man did most of his damaged when he got Floyd up against the ropes.

Again, this was played with all sliders set to default with the exception of Counter Window and CPU Punch Output at 0. Settigs was on G.O.A.T. and 3min rounds.

Enjoyable to watch lol.

# 8 Flightwhite24 @ 06/28/11 10:15 AM
I'm excited again. Sounds as if they have gotten a lot of things corrected

# 9 NYG_Meth @ 06/28/11 10:20 AM
Yeah, there's really no way to be evasive or stick and move at this point. This is gonna be a body-spamfest, because there's really no way to defend it anymore.

# 10 sense @ 06/28/11 10:21 AM
I love the New Patch......U start running, you will pay for it......You start missing punches you'll pay for it........it makes you think before wasting punches.

# 11 NYG_Meth @ 06/28/11 10:24 AM
Glad you guys like it. I'm done. There is no way to fight as an outside fighter effectively. I just fought as Wlad vs Marciano. He threw nothing but body punches for 5 rounds and there was nothing I could do to stop him. I couldn't jab him and move, he'd just block and walk through it, and once he was inside, there's nothing I could do to get back out of range. As a real-life boxer, this is a slap in the face.

# 12 RnRexpress3423 @ 06/28/11 10:46 AM
Blood and swelling still seems to be minimal and I am noticing a lot of flash knock downs. I've seen about 4 in 3 fights

# 13 TarHeelPhenom @ 06/28/11 10:49 AM
I just fought my first online fight post patch. I lost by split decision. The fight may have gone in my favor; I knocked the guy down in the 9th and when he got up I tried to finish him off. However, I got careless and he knocked me back down. I could have used a 10-8 round to swing it in my favor.. Anyways, I threw a total of 702 punches and I went into the 10th with 78% stamina. I could see that he was very low on stamina because he was zombie walking. He threw a total of 1032 punches.

The way I fought was, I did move back and I did circle, but I didn't do it constantly. I would move back out of range and stop...or circle and stop. I wouldn't do it constantly and that helped me. Normally I have everything on the HUD cut off. But, I wanted to see what things looked like with this patch. I'm telling you wild punchers will get KOed all the day long with this patch and I'm glad. You are going to pay for a lot of stuff under this new patch.

Some won't like...some will hate it while others will enjoy it. I look at it this way...it'll hold me over until July 12th when my fav game comes out!!! NCAA Football 12.

# 14 sense @ 06/28/11 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Yeah, there's really no way to be evasive or stick and move at this point. This is gonna be a body-spamfest, because there's really no way to defend it anymore.
I humbly Disagree.....You can still stick in move, you just have to be in the pocket alittle bit more......You really only get penalized for constant back pedaling.......As for as it being a bodyfest, if people are throwing hooks and uppercuts to the body those are easy to counter.

# 15 tcrews @ 06/28/11 11:16 AM
It's definitely a lot better. I'm only a few fights in but I had one fight go the distance and the accompanying stamina drop was a welcome surprise. By the end of round 8 we were both gassed (me vs cpu). It was my first fight with the new patch so I threw a bit too much, as did the CPU. I ended up getting knocked down 3 times, stunned the CPU a few times but never knocked him down, and lost a UD.

Second fight I won in 3 rounds and my third fight I won by TKO in the 10th due to ref/doctor stoppage, which was nice to see.

I noticed that stamina absolutely has changed for the better. Punches seem to make more sense when they land in certain places. I hit Andre Bishop in the temple, just a straight, non-counter/non-power-modified and it took Bishop from about 98% health to 20% in one shot. Which was nice because it landed flush and it made sense for it to do that much damage. So I definitely think to this point, the patch is great. My biggest issue was stamina, lack of 1 punch ko's, and a few other things which all seem to be fixed. So far so good.

# 16 DaveDQ @ 06/28/11 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG_Meth
Glad you guys like it. I'm done. There is no way to fight as an outside fighter effectively. I just fought as Wlad vs Marciano. He threw nothing but body punches for 5 rounds and there was nothing I could do to stop him. I couldn't jab him and move, he'd just block and walk through it, and once he was inside, there's nothing I could do to get back out of range. As a real-life boxer, this is a slap in the face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sense
I humbly Disagree.....You can still stick in move, you just have to be in the pocket alittle bit more......You really only get penalized for constant back pedaling.......As for as it being a bodyfest, if people are throwing hooks and uppercuts to the body those are easy to counter.
I have to put in more fights to get the feeling for this. On one hand I can see it becoming a insider's game but at the same time if you can step counter they are in trouble. The jab doesn't seem to work effectively unless they are tired. I just don't know yet to say the patch is bad/good.

it's good in the sense that you pay for just throwing punches with no strategy but at the same time I am concerned the body shots are just to dominant.

# 17 TarHeelPhenom @ 06/28/11 12:27 PM
Just had an awesome fight in OWC. Me and the guy both boxed. He threw a total of 639 punches with no power shots and I threw 451 with no power shots. I ended up knocking him out in the 10th. He was worn down zombie walking. It was refreshing to actually see someone trying to box.

# 18 Dachozen1 @ 06/28/11 12:35 PM
thanks the fans for helping destroy a beautiful boxing game..This game will now be traded for something else in the near future.

# 19 JayBee74 @ 06/28/11 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachozen1
thanks the fans for helping destroy a beautiful boxing game..This game will now be traded for something else in the near future.
A beautiful boxing game? Too much running or too much available stamina for this game to be declared "beautiful".

I so tired of online that I got my $23 for the game about three weeks ago. How is offline?

Amazon has the game for $39.99 for both consoles.

# 20 JayBee74 @ 06/28/11 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrews
So I definitely think to this point, the patch is great. My biggest issue was stamina, lack of 1 punch ko's, and a few other things which all seem to be fixed. So far so good.
Good to see a CPU versus Human report. Sounds good so far.

« Previous1234567891314Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.