Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

The NCAA Football 12 demo is available now for the 360. Click here to queue it up.

UPDATE: PS3 demo is available now.

Please post your impressions here.

Quote:
Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday like never before with the NCAA Football 12 demo. With an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new tackling system, make an impact by leading your team to victory. Play in two exciting match-ups as Alabama takes on Florida State and Oregon battles Texas. Get details on other great improvements to NCAA Football 12, and share the demo with a friend to unlock 5 Nike Pro Combat uniforms for use in the full retail version of the game.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1381 mva5580 @ 07/07/11 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Does anyone feel like the grass looks like an oil painting? It's so muddled, spotted, and just ugly looking. However, when they zoom in the grass looks VERY nice and more realistic. I just don't get why it actually gets worse as you zoom out.
Exactly what I thought.

Anyway I finally got around to playing it tonight, and after about 5 minutes I pretty much just re-affirmed that this game just doesn't have the "hook" on me that it used to. It just isn't any fun anymore, and that's a shame. I have so many memories of playing NCAA Football for ENDLESS hours with my friends, at night in those great late teens/early 20's years.....but that's really all it is at this point. A memory. The game just isn't fun to me anymore, and I guess that's probably hugely because I've rarely found sports games to be fun playing individually.

Oh well. I still have NCAA 06 for my original Xbox, and oddly enough I STILL have more fun with that than I have any of the NCAA games the past ~5 years. This series just, unfortunately, doesn't do anything for me anymore.

# 1382 Matt10 @ 07/07/11 02:34 AM
Wow, CPU got called for a delay of game, first time I have seen that in a long time from Madden or NCAA - and this is only the demo.

# 1383 pmurray20 @ 07/07/11 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Wow, CPU got called for a delay of game, first time I have seen that in a long time from Madden or NCAA - and this is only the demo.
yep had that happen once so far, and i have played with texas tons on times and this is the first time the cannon was shot once out of the 20plus games with them lol

# 1384 pmurray20 @ 07/07/11 03:42 AM
WTH 2 games in a row, everytime alabama does a run play no matter how many people blitz all my players fall at the same time like an earthquake. that is stupid and needs fixed

# 1385 NDFan1029 @ 07/07/11 05:31 AM
The good and the bad:

Good
- Tackling animations are a lot better, and gang tackling looks good.
- Crowd looks much improved, including better reactions to big plays. Lighting and coloring seems better.
- Heisman difficulty is actually a challenge this year. Neither team seems to be able to run up the score and a lot more punts occur.
- Many more false starts called than encroachment/offsides. This is much more true to life compared to how the game used to be, which was almost the opposite.
- User and CPU defenders will actively come back to the ball and swat down passes instead of watching the receiver make the catch.

Bad
- CPU defenders will occasionally make a great INT on a ball that bounces off another player, yet will still drop an easy INT thrown right to them.
- QB occasionally throws the ball wild even when there is no pressure around him, missing open receivers.
- People say the zone defense is improved, but I still notice the CPU converting a ton of long 3rd downs. Pressure on a lot of 3rd down plays is still non-existent, with the CPU QB getting 15 minutes in the pocket to throw the ball.
- CPU QB doesn't seem to move around a whole lot to avoid the sack, and seems to be standing there waiting to get tackled.
- Play action passes are fairly tough unless you release the ball very quickly.

That's about all I've got for now from what I can remember. Only played a few games so far and will update when I've played a few more if I come up with anything new.

# 1386 Boris Le Tigre @ 07/07/11 07:54 AM
73 yard TD run - out of the shot gun no less - with Oregon HB 21 - the very first time I touched the ball.

So right away, I was like this is rigged... ha ha

I don't have much to say since there isn't much to do with the demo version. I did miss a few tackles but I really liked the responsiveness whne running with the ball... felt real sharp.

I think the O-line was a little too dominant... that 70+yard run included pancakes of both DT's and there was no LB's home on the second level for the UofT.

Twas fun though ...

# 1387 Mtneer08 @ 07/07/11 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
The good and the bad:

Good
- Tackling animations are a lot better, and gang tackling looks good.
- Crowd looks much improved, including better reactions to big plays. Lighting and coloring seems better.
- Heisman difficulty is actually a challenge this year. Neither team seems to be able to run up the score and a lot more punts occur.
- Many more false starts called than encroachment/offsides. This is much more true to life compared to how the game used to be, which was almost the opposite.
- User and CPU defenders will actively come back to the ball and swat down passes instead of watching the receiver make the catch.

Bad
- CPU defenders will occasionally make a great INT on a ball that bounces off another player, yet will still drop an easy INT thrown right to them.
- QB occasionally throws the ball wild even when there is no pressure around him, missing open receivers.

This is a good thing IMO...sounds realistic as college QB's do this all the time.

# 1388 tmac55 @ 07/07/11 05:47 PM
The two things that I like the most are that sideline emotions are gone for the opposing team scoring drives and the celebrate with the mascot feature is gone as well. The latter used to really annoy me, especially with excessive celebrations being flagged on Saturdays in real life.

Two minor changes which drastically improve my experience with the demo.

# 1389 JimmyDarmody @ 07/07/11 07:44 PM
The first thing I noticed was the enhanced tackling engine and it made the gameplay feel better. I still think play action is broken, the defense never bites even when it's set up. Just gotta take the good with the bad.

# 1390 Stavie Steelo @ 07/07/11 08:07 PM
PS3 doesn't look as good as the 360 demo, so I guess I am going to be getting it for 360.

# 1391 FutureAUgrad @ 07/07/11 09:18 PM
Two things. (My apologies if either of these have previously been covered)

First: While playing as Oregon I broke a 62-yard TD on a designed quarterback run and throughout the entire run, even when there were no defenders within 10 yards of him, he ran as a quarterback would if he were scrambling to escape pressure and then pass. He had two hands on the ball and was carrying it in front of him. He never tucked the ball away even when in the open field. May be an isolated incident but I had it also happen on a kickoff return once or twice.

Second: Speaking of kickoff returns.. I've played one full game and one play of another tonight and have already returned two kickoffs for TDs. Maybe it's just because both teams had great returners, or maybe the blocking on kickoffs is TOO good. Either way if it becomes a problem sliders should be able to help.

Overall, I am liking what I see and can't wait to pick up the game

# 1392 NDFan1029 @ 07/07/11 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavie Steelo
PS3 doesn't look as good as the 360 demo, so I guess I am going to be getting it for 360.
I'm kind of surprised to see that. I've seen retail version play-throughs of the game on PS3 and the colors looked really good. It could just be that the colors on both games are better this year, though. Neither version of the game looks as washed out as it used to.

# 1393 Stavie Steelo @ 07/07/11 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
I'm kind of surprised to see that. I've seen retail version play-throughs of the game on PS3 and the colors looked really good. It could just be that the colors on both games are better this year, though. Neither version of the game looks as washed out as it used to.
It wasn't really colors to much. The text under the names looked really weird on PS3 to me. It seemed like it took up a lot of room on the screen and looked really blocky. The Texas field logos didn't look as good and the players looked rougher around the edges and not as smooth. Maybe it is just my PS3 settings. Glad I tried out both demos though will be getting XBox for sure now though.

# 1394 FutureAUgrad @ 07/07/11 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavie Steelo
It wasn't really colors to much. The text under the names looked really weird on PS3 to me. It seemed like it took up a lot of room on the screen and looked really blocky. The Texas field logos didn't look as good and the players looked rougher around the edges and not as smooth. Maybe it is just my PS3 settings. Glad I tried out both demos though will be getting XBox for sure now though.
I had the same problem with my PS3 demo. On kickoffs I would sometimes get confused as to which player I was controlling because "LOLB #42" was so big that there could be about three different players above the name. Maybe this was just because it was a demo or maybe it was because the names hadn't been edited. I hope so at least.

# 1395 xcrushx @ 07/08/11 12:20 AM
I've played several games on both Heisman and All American and I have the same problem I've had the past few years. Heisman seems too unrealistic with psychic defenders and super linemen. All American is too easy with everything just seemingly going my way. Hopefully with good AA sliders the game will play well.

Right now I like the game but a lot of the problems that plagued last years game are still present. First off, the no-huddle offense is completely wrong. The CPU lines up and snaps the ball way too fast. It's very unrealistic. Oregon runs a pretty fast offense yet they always take a little time to get the play and get lined up correctly. On the demo their players fly to the line like they're running a 2-minute offense. It gets very annoying when you can't make adjustments and you're constantly getting called offsides because of the no-huddle.

Man coverage is completely broken again. Some defenders run the routes better than the receivers. It gets annoying when the defenders go after the ball more aggressively than the receivers. The receivers will keep running their route and make no effort going after the ball.

Playing against Alabama I've encountered the super O-line on heisman. Just about no matter what I do Alabama just pancakes my D-Line. I'm happy with just giving up 9-10 yards on a carry against Alabama. Most of their runs have been 15-20+ yards.

I've also encountered a lot of big plays. I'm hoping it's just because of the 2 min. quarters that I've seen so many big plays and so few drives.

# 1396 PowerofRed25 @ 07/08/11 12:47 AM
Is anyone else having no trouble throwing the deep ball in the demo?

I am playing as Texas vs Oregon on Heisman and after getting lit up in the first quarter, I have managed to put up 35 points almost entirely on wide open streaks down the sideline. Not running four verts at all, just a variety of plays with the streak as an option and every time my WR has 4 or 5 steps on the nearest defender. I've thrown for 5 TD. I don't know how many yards since stats aren't in the demo, but three of the TD's were 60+ yards. The game was still close, 35-28 win for me, but my passing crazy.

It just seems like the CPU pass D was non-existent deep down the field. I may try passing with FSU against Bama and see if it is any worse/better.

# 1397 Playmakers @ 07/08/11 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Is anyone else having no trouble throwing the deep ball in the demo?

I am playing as Texas vs Oregon on Heisman and after getting lit up in the first quarter, I have managed to put up 35 points almost entirely on wide open streaks down the sideline. Not running four verts at all, just a variety of plays with the streak as an option and every time my WR has 4 or 5 steps on the nearest defender. I've thrown for 5 TD. I don't know how many yards since stats aren't in the demo, but three of the TD's were 60+ yards. The game was still close, 35-28 win for me, but my passing crazy.

It just seems like the CPU pass D was non-existent deep down the field. I may try passing with FSU against Bama and see if it is any worse/better.
I wouldn't worry about that stuff unless you play online

offline you have the ability to tweak the CPU Pass Coverage and if need be the Human Pass game (Accuarcy/Catching)

So i wouldn't let it bother me because the DEMO doesn't allow you to tweak the sliders

# 1398 PowerofRed25 @ 07/08/11 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I wouldn't worry about that stuff unless you play online

offline you have the ability to tweak the CPU Pass Coverage and if need be the Human Pass game (Accuarcy/Catching)

So i wouldn't let it bother me because the DEMO doesn't allow you to tweak the sliders
Yeah, sliders should help fix it. I am just wondering if it was more the design of the pass coverage, lack of in game adjustments (or over adjusting to screens/slants earlier in the game) or just poorly rated defenders. I noticed that the CPU controlled DB's on my team were absolutely shutting down anything past 15 yards, I was in mostly Cover 3 Zone and Cover 2 Man. So maybe it was more CPU play calling putting their guys in a bad spot?

Not too worried about it once it is released. If it is a problem, sliders should solve it.

# 1399 PVarck31 @ 07/08/11 03:13 AM
I just got done playing as Oregon and won 38-0 on AA. I used passes in the middle of the field and deep balls the whole time. Not trying to exploit anything, I just wanted to see if what others have said is true. It is. I completed almost every deep pass. It seemed like the DB's just decided to stand there for a second until my WR passed them.

I also completed almost every pass in the middle of the field. I had a couple knocked down to be fair. There was one pass in the redzone where I called a dig route and the DB stayed with me as my WR cut to the middle and then He literally just stopped on a dime and stood there. Im really not seeing the improved Zone D when it comes to deep balls or the middle of the field. I am pretty disappointed right now. I want this game to be great. But this is unacceptable to me.

I will wait and see what the first patch and tuners do before I buy this year.

# 1400 pmurray20 @ 07/08/11 04:35 AM
i just had the best game yet against florida state, i ran the KR back for a TD and went up 21-14 with only 2 seconds left. and then they ran it back haha and missed the extra point- 21-20

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.