Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

Check out the first NBA 2K12 screenshot, courtesy of 2K Sports. Dirk is shown taking on LeBron and Bosh, but we already know the ending of this story. You can see the high-res screenshot here.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mlr1 @ 06/30/11 08:20 PM
dirk has tar on his knees lmfao

# 42 wallofhate @ 06/30/11 08:21 PM
The hope we can have with the jerseys not touching the shoulders is that it looks like they haven't implemented the new "tighter fit" jerseys that the nba has

# 43 youvalss @ 06/30/11 08:31 PM
Not bad for now. Not sure if that's the graphical upgrade I was expecting for, but I'll wait until we can see it more clearly and in action.

I wish they would let us see Stevenson's feet, so we can see if they fixed those calf sleeves (which I doubt).

I wonder if Dirk is wearing low or medium socks...?

EDIT: They've finally made the sleeves shorter, so players can wear a sleeve AND a wrist band.

# 44 aloncho11 @ 06/30/11 08:45 PM
Overall I think it's an early build screenshot. The players and lighting on them look much more better and realistic than in 2K11, this is a great improvement.

I don't think this will be the final graphic look of the game, but I also don't expect a massive improvement over this example.

# 45 SonicMage @ 06/30/11 08:48 PM
That shadowing on Dirk looks really awkward, needs a bit of work.

Those socks really need some better texturing as well, to get rid of that "plastic" look.

The player likenesses still look nice, though.

# 46 ScoobySnax @ 06/30/11 10:42 PM
Looks like LeBron jammed his right thumb in a car door.

# 47 scottyp180 @ 06/30/11 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyboii2008
Looks fine, All the tats n faces look on point, But Look At That Crowd in All Blue.. Thats cool.. Only thing missing is nobody has EMOTION on their face.. Hopefully they implement that in 2K12
That's the first thing i noticed. I hate to complain about something that doesn't effect gameplay at all but I feel like that's one thing holding the visuals from looking truly amazing. Very rarely in a basketball game are players going to have blank stares on their face (no matter what is happening) yet it happens all the time in 2k (again no matter what is happening). If you watch replays you can even catch players with their eyes closed at inappropriate times.
What I don't understand is that on some plays (shots, dunk, layups, etc) players appear to emote or yell (at least open their mouth) but it seems to be random and not consistent. I'm not expecting L.A. Noire face animations but I would atleast like to see player faces show emotion at the appropriate times, not just whenever the game feels like it.

# 48 Djlite96 @ 06/30/11 11:38 PM
I think what I've noticed that's extremely different from 2K11 (at least I think so) is the muscle definition. Like look at Dirk's legs you can see the scar, or vein whatever that is, and his calf flexing as he's rising in the air. To me it's the little details that make a game look that much more realistic. Nice job even if it's early 2K!

# 49 Harrison_UNC_Barnes* @ 07/01/11 12:01 AM
New sock texture!!!!

# 50 youvalss @ 07/01/11 12:15 AM
Dirk's face reminds me of those Leonardo Da Vinci paintings for some reason...

# 51 B-Wills @ 07/01/11 12:20 AM
Finally you can wear rubberbands and arm sleeves. Loving the colored shirts worn by the fans in the crowd, Game looks great already.

# 52 kingg d @ 07/01/11 12:44 AM
I hope they put more body types and different WINGSPAN (but sadly I have a feeling that this is impossible for this generation of consoles)

And they better remove those Aldridge's long socks , update his tatoos , give him some beard and HIS OWN sig shot.

# 53 jdburris88 @ 07/01/11 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0PEB0i FR35H
Ok ok I like da fact that ballerbands can be worn with da arm sleeve now (hopefully 2k get that Adidas license so we can have Dwights sleeve n D Rose knee pads/anklebraces....Also I'm liking da new socks, now I hope da NBA logo is on da OUTSIDE of BOTH socks (on 2k11 da NBA logo is on da inside of da rite sock)!!
i feel you with the whole nba socks thing. when i first got the game i was like wtf is up with these dudes wearing the wal-mart brand nba socks. i also think they should get the license from adidas too nba live 10 had Dwight's sleeve and Rose's ankle braces and ea not even making a basketball game so 2k need to go head and get the license. i also hope that they have everybody tattoos right this time like Wilson Chandler, Brandon Jennings, Monta Ellis, and etc. i also want to see better shoes and better colorways for the shoes. instead of giving me 3 slots for colors why not 8,9, or 10 slots i couldn't make the cool grey jordans on the game cause i couldn't keep the middle white

# 54 infam0us @ 07/01/11 02:29 AM
More shoes and more than 3 colors, they need to copy NIKE ID

Something like that would be perfect.

# 55 cashless @ 07/01/11 03:32 AM
Hopefully players will actually hold the ball in 2k12, rather than having it hovering an inch from their fingers. From the look of this screenshot it doesn't look like they have fixed it. It amazes me that they've had the same problem since they launched the series.

# 56 2kballa4life @ 07/01/11 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashless
Hopefully players will actually hold the ball in 2k12, rather than having it hovering an inch from their fingers. From the look of this screenshot it doesn't look like they have fixed it. It amazes me that they've had the same problem since they launched the series.
It was stated around 2k7 I think...that this deals with shooting mechanics, ball physics, and overall game design. Players aren't ever going to fully hold the ball. They can get it as close as possible, but never completely realistic. Again, this was stated a long time ago by 2k.

# 57 jeebs9 @ 07/01/11 10:12 AM
Excited!.. can't wait for the lockout to end..

# 58 kolanji @ 07/01/11 10:27 AM
at this time i will hold my opinions and speculations,but what i will not hold is my excitement being exposed this early to VC hard work on the next NBA 2k.am not a big fan of still visuals so am waiting of some kinda video patiently

# 59 omgzgabe @ 07/01/11 01:44 PM
DWade's arms look very realistic. Not as muscular as 2k11

# 60 thebesteva_22 @ 07/01/11 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0PEB0i FR35H
I agree and u nailed it on the shoes, we need more LOTS MORE even give us downloadable content shoe packages (like Live 10 did with there Christmas shoe pack) and fully customizable shoes becuz 3 slots isn't enough for us creative geniuses lol.
I agree, they also need to fix the hight of shoes. There is no reason the Air Jordan VIII should be the same height as the cp3 IV.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.