Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

With so many artistic readers here at OS, creating uniforms and logos, why not get your high school team and/or some others into NCAA Football 12, before it hits store shelves on July 12th. Submit and show them off here! Kotaku's Owen Good has a detailed article, explaining how you can get it done.

Quote:
NCAA Football 12 isn't out for another 10 days, but there's something you can do in the meantime—with the new version of the game, even—that will add to your experience, and others' too, when it arrives.

You can create your high school's uniforms, using TeamBuilder, the web application for NCAA Football now in its third year. The new version supporting NCAA 12 went live on Thursday.
  • Home jersey (with primary helmet and pants)
  • Away jersey (with primary helmet and pants)
  • Stadium name, field logo, 20-yard line graphics, and end zone text. (With certain exceptions, all teams will play at one of three generic high school fields in the game).
Working from a single good logo, you could create a respectable uniform set suitable for RTG import in about 30 minutes. If you don't know what your high school's threads look like in present day, give it your best shot. Go for a classic look. (This isn't Elkin High's actual design, but one based off what I remember as a kid and later as a student there.)

Now, do that, and flag it RTG in the team name (which is fully editable within the game after you import it) and everyone will know this is meant for use in the new high school year of the singleplayer sim.

Source - Be True to Your School and Make a Video Game Better (Kotaku)

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 14straight @ 07/03/11 11:55 AM
I hope there are more changes coming to TeamBuilder. It's nice that you can edit the HS uniform for your RTG player, but it will be somewhat disappointing if there's nothing else they are going to add to it this year.

# 42 TheRegan @ 07/03/11 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Central Warriors - Grand Junction, Colorado

Where did you get that logo? I need it to create one of my rivals.

# 43 Bighoff @ 07/03/11 12:37 PM

# 44 huskersbears @ 07/03/11 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Anybody with teams from East Texas or Austin?
AUSTIN HIGH

Attachment 34021

Attachment 34022

WESTLAKE

Attachment 34023

Attachment 34024

# 45 huskersbears @ 07/03/11 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Anybody with teams from East Texas or Austin?
LAKE TRAVIS

Attachment 34026

Attachment 34027

Attachment 34028

Attachment 34029

# 46 TheRegan @ 07/03/11 01:29 PM
Smiths Station Panthers

I made up the white helmet and on the alts I just switched the stripe colors.

# 47 mkam89 @ 07/03/11 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb
Here's mine. Anyone else have teams from SE Michigan?
I made everyteam from my school's schedule in 2006. I have Utica Ford, Dakota, Sterling Heights Stevenson, Chippewa valley, L'Ance Creuse, Anchor Bay, Sterling Heights, Eisenhower, Roseville, and Cousino.

# 48 JBate24 @ 07/03/11 02:21 PM
Atlee High School:

# 49 Trakan31 @ 07/03/11 02:33 PM
Jellico Blue Devils
Jellico, TN
2A
Gamertag-TrakenTombstone

# 50 ndfan1993 @ 07/03/11 02:58 PM

# 51 RazorFang @ 07/03/11 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
Very difficult, but I managed to make the West Lafayette Red Devils. I had to take a picture of their helmet and pull the logo of that off, as the logo on their helmet is very different from their usual logo. But, I finished the uniforms. Is it okay if I post a video? I thought it was easier to make than taking pictures. Not having pride stickers is a huge blow for me though, as usually when you see the Red Devils their helmets have pride stickers all over.

Nice!

My sister graduated from Jeff and I went there my freshman year

# 52 coolio83 @ 07/03/11 04:33 PM
This is my school. The Passaic Valley Hornets based out of Little Falls, NJ.

# 53 jbocker23 @ 07/03/11 11:33 PM
I got a lot of the Northern Section in CA done, most of the D1 teams anyway.

# 54 A_ZomBevo @ 07/04/11 12:31 AM
WB Ray Texans of Corpus Christi, Texas

I couldn't replicate the stripes on the shoulder area sadly

# 55 joeyb @ 07/04/11 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkam89
I made everyteam from my school's schedule in 2006. I have Utica Ford, Dakota, Sterling Heights Stevenson, Chippewa valley, L'Ance Creuse, Anchor Bay, Sterling Heights, Eisenhower, Roseville, and Cousino.
Cool. I decided to do the same thing so I've done Walled Lake Western and two of the Ann Arbor schools with the third on the way. I'm going to be doing Grosse Pointe South as well for a friend.

# 56 iJumpshot23x @ 07/04/11 01:34 AM
i have 2 questions about teambuilder...

1. How do you make a logo without copying and pasting an image... or can you even do that?

2. Can you have a different logo on your helmet than on the field?

# 57 joeyb @ 07/04/11 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpshot23x

1. How do you make a logo without copying and pasting an image... or can you even do that?

2. Can you have a different logo on your helmet than on the field?
You can find the logos on Google Image Search, but a lot of them are such low quality that you might have to retouch it in paint or photoshop. If you are looking to make one from scratch, someone else will have to answer that.

There are a primary and a secondary logo that you can upload. The primary logo is always at center field (if you want) and the secondary is always at the 30ish yard line (if you want). You can pick either for the helmet, so set your secondary for the one you want on the helmet and the primary for the one you want on the field.

# 58 OpusX910 @ 07/04/11 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpshot23x

Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape to draw something from scratch...GIMP or photoshop for image manipulations. Altho, there are people who can make some pretty sick images from scratch with photoshop alone.

# 59 N51_rob @ 07/04/11 05:13 AM
Gave this a try. I didn't even know my HS had changed up the uniforms and logo.

My version

The real thing.

# 60 dhs22p @ 07/04/11 12:02 PM
My High School - Dalton Bulldogs (OHIO)

I also have made tons of accurate Ohio HS teams. Just click link in sig and you will see them there.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.