Home
Madden 12 News Post

Justin Dewiel, Community Manager of Madden NFL, has made a post on the EA Forums detailing the current status and future of Online Franchise in Madden NFL 12.

Quote:
Hey guys, Justin Dewiel, your EA SPORTS Community Manager for the Madden NFL franchise, here with a short update on where we currently are with Franchise mode, and a look at where we’re heading. So many times throughout the year I get the pleasure of revealing features that you, the community, have been asking for.

Revealing our Offline Franchise mode feature set was one of those days. It’s no secret that our Franchise mode was lacking features that our fans expected. This community feedback was the #1 reason behind the renewed focus on Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12. For those of you who missed all of the details on the improvements/additions made to Offline Franchise, you can catch up on everything by clicking here. I feel confident in saying that you’ll be impressed with the experience this year and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

Since we revealed the details of the Offline Franchise mode, the most requested question has been, “What upgrades have you made to Online Franchise mode?” We set aggressive development goals for Madden NFL 12 – from the improvements to Offline Franchise and Superstar modes, to the complete overhaul of visuals, addition of custom playbooks, a new collision system, our yet to be discussed Online Communities feature, and more. When it comes to the tight schedule of an annual development cycle, we have to make tough decisions, and it became apparent as we continued to work through our campaign that there was no way to deliver a deep, fully connected Online Franchise experience that you deserve this year. Therefore, there will be no additions to Online Franchise mode in Madden NFL 12.

That said, I can say with absolute certainty that delivering a feature-rich Online Franchise mode is a top priority for the Madden leadership as we move forward. It’s crucial that we transform how and where fans interact with our games and each other. Modes like NCAA Football’s Online Dynasty or FIFA 12’s Football Club are leading the way in building connected experiences, and you can expect that the Madden NFL franchise will aggressively work to meet and exceed your expectations for Online Franchise.

Community is the heart of everything we do at EA SPORTS. We hope you’ve felt represented in everything from the Madden NFL 12 Cover Vote to the new features in this year’s game. Bringing passionate fans together, like you, is the focus of Online Communities feature that we’ll detail on July 25th. We’re excited about sharing more information soon and seeing what you’ll create.

As always, we look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 kevj349 @ 07/11/11 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I'm with you....I'm on offline guy...like some play now games online but no real interest in online dynasty/franchise stuff. Feel bad for the guys that do though....and you're right....sounds like whatever they did to offline franchise may be with us a while as they shift attention....sigh....no offense to the online guys but I wish they'd get the offline chise right first. It'll be much better but I'm hoping for more...and soon. too bad they can't work on both (why can't the offline just be transported to online...I'm no computer whiz but in theory it sounds easy.)
No offense taken ha. They need to build a strong franchise period. NCAA is about the same online as off. Madden has a little more challenge putting in a draft and free agency but it shouldn't be that hard. I always give the guys making these games the benefit of the doubt, but when they don't change the biggest thing I care about I don't care about the game.

I was sooooo pumped for this game and now I won't even buy it.

# 222 NoTiCe_O @ 07/11/11 02:12 PM
My only question ..

Will DPP still effect ONLINE FRANCHISE on a week to week basis??

# 223 Sanchez_Mareno @ 07/11/11 07:21 PM
Im glad about this, why upgrade the mode that less people play?

# 224 roadman @ 07/11/11 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obmij76
Oh and how many people actually still play Offline Franchise? Boring!
Sorry, not Madden 12.

Huge upgrades for Franchise Mode. The disc will now stay in the tray year around if they come through with the goods.

# 225 LionsFanNJ @ 07/11/11 07:39 PM
Quote:
Oh and how many people actually still play Offline Franchise? Boring!
The majority of this site and many others.

sent from parts unknown

# 226 mojo6911 @ 07/11/11 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
There should be no difference. It is 2011.

# 227 Elgin2311 @ 07/11/11 09:11 PM
Isnt DPP and the player roles tied in together? Im not sure DPP will be in online franchise.

# 228 BroncoBobby3124 @ 07/11/11 10:53 PM
So let me get this straight.....3 straight years and at the very least they couldn't add sliders to online franchise?

sliders are the determining factor for me in this game.....ALL MADDEN against the cpu was just way too easy. No way to run a franchise with 5-10 ppl when every cpu game is guaranteed win.

# 229 jeremym480 @ 07/12/11 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
If offline franchise didn't have a salary cap, proper Free Agency and you couldn't import draft classes from NCAA etc; I'd go out on a limb and say not many people would want to play it either. Do you agree?

# 230 NoTiCe_O @ 07/12/11 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgin2311
Isnt DPP and the player roles tied in together? Im not sure DPP will be in online franchise.
I hope it is, that alone would make online franchise much better. No player would be a sure bet for the next game.

But i doubt it smh

# 231 DUDERMAN @ 07/12/11 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikskillz
The "EA NFL football team" should have at least brought back the EA Locker from the PS2 days. Online Franchises were fully functional then by uploading games, spawning games, and then merging the results back to the 'chise. You could do everything offline and share the Franchise file through the EA Locker as well. It worked pretty well.
That was great and just shoved the will some people had to play it that way. My buddy and I (who lives a couple states away) had to stay up most of the night the first time we did it because we did a fantasy draft. So I picked first, saved, uploaded. Then he downloaded it, picked 2 players, saved, uploaded it. Then I would download.... rinse, repeat. Needless to say it took awhile but we had a blast regardless.

Quote:
It baffles me how they can continue to produce such a stale product yet people keep buying the game.
Because there is no alternative and for NFL fanatics, like me, you need their fix every year. I get bored with these Madden's usually by November or December now (not counting Madden 10/Madden 06 last gen). Go figure, the two times I have played nearly year round is when I could play franchise online ('11 doesn't count, nobody wanted to play the broken system anymore).

(short rant)
This is a shame, because all sports games should get more gameplay hours than this. The amount of time/fun I get from other $60 titles greatly trumps Madden in every way. It's a sad world when games like Halo/Fallout/Red Dead Redemption/Call of Duty/God of War/Bioshock/Oblivion/Gears of War are all the same price as Madden 11. Every one of those games beat Madden in every department. Yet they survive on a $60 price point, despite not putting out a new game every year, or relying on "micro-transactions", or having an online pass.

This is why I get annoyed when people argue for EA and their money hungry ways. You just don't see this type of robbery in other franchises. If we had to pay a fraction of a dollar for our games by number of hours played on it (which most likely is in our future), I would be paying upwards of $100 for those said games above and still be satisfied because of the entertainment returned. Madden... I'd pay $30 at most at this point.
(end rant...for now)

# 232 leo4444 @ 07/12/11 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
No offense, but you cant blame EA for being money hungry considering youre one of those people giving them money for a game you admittedly dont even really like.

I am as big of a football fanatic as anyone and love videogame football, but I still dont give Madden my money when I know I wont get what I want out of the game. Thats a terrible excuse unless you have absolutely positively nothing better to do with that time and money.

If people dont like the game...fair enough. But I can only laugh at people who spend $60 on ANYTHING they KNOW they dont really like, and they whine about the companies "money hungry ways". Its not "robbery" when you willingly give them your money, especially when you have a good idea what the end result is going to be.

Ridiculous in every sense of the word. More "stupidty" than "robbery".
Alot of people like myself just like football and Madden is the ONLY option for a long time now. Even though I expect Madden 12 to be better than 11 was, the game could be so much better. EA just simply refuses to fix all the issues because of their money hungry ways and bs excuses. EA is a billion dollar company they obviously have the resources to make the best football game they can. I also think if the role was revered and 2k got the deal with the nfl then 2k would be doing the same thing. Its all just about money which is why the deal with the nfl should of been illegal but I can only hope their exclusive deal with the nfl will be over in my lifetime. If their is a nfl season I will probably end up getting madden because there isnt any other nfl game.

# 233 DUDERMAN @ 07/12/11 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
No offense, but you cant blame EA for being money hungry considering youre one of those people giving them money for a game you admittedly dont even really like.

I am as big of a football fanatic as anyone and love videogame football, but I still dont give Madden my money when I know I wont get what I want out of the game. Thats a terrible excuse unless you have absolutely positively nothing better to do with that time and money.

If people dont like the game...fair enough. But I can only laugh at people who spend $60 on ANYTHING they KNOW they dont really like, and they whine about the companies "money hungry ways". Its not "robbery" when you willingly give them your money, especially when you have a good idea what the end result is going to be.

Ridiculous in every sense of the word. More "stupidty" than "robbery".
The "money-hungry" and "robbery" reference is for the online pass and micro-transactions, which I do not give them money for. I listed many games that do not take it to the level as EA Sports does.

It's not that I hate the game, the problem is that it currently doesn't have much reason to keep going back for more. Maybe the new offline franchise will fix that but I know I would have played more with an updated online franchise.

I don't see how you can call it stupidity when I don't have a choice. Yea I can choose to not play, but I like football and am too old to play it for real, so I get the next best thing. I'm just disappointed with the return on my money spent every year.

Also, don't get me confused with a 2k lover (I know you didn't mention it, but just saying...). I tried 2k and yea, they had more options and better presentation but I liked the oldschool madden gameplay better. I've been a Madden gamer since '98. I've owned them all since then. I have a right to criticize when I have given them money for a product I am not fully satisfied with.

Finally, I play in my spare time. That's what spare time is for, otherwise I'd be out or working on something. During the football season I'm all about football. I watch all the games (not just my team), I go to as many home games as I can get tickets to, I play in 2 fantasy football leagues. I love NFL football. So during my spare time during the football year I want to play Madden, and not with previous rosters, that's not fun to me. I don't see what's unreasonable about that.

I would think a lot of people feel the same way.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.