Home
Madden 12 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 tommyboii2008 @ 07/11/11 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah especially the video with Joe Flacco. "This is a dead body" LOL

The answer isn't physics alone as these videos more than prove, so if they do implement them next year it's going to have to be done with great oversight and attention to detail.
Lol "Oh Lordy I done Seen Me A Dead Body!!" Its apart of EA's "3 year plan" to implement all these new features, but I'll wait until the whole thing is complete to buy. then i know it wont be any dissapointments

# 42 RumbleStud @ 07/11/11 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I skipped presentation on all the other football games, I'm sure I will do it on EA's too.

Options aren't a bad thing, though. I'd rather have the presentation than not have it, especially those camera angles. Wow.

By the way, not a good idea to mention the other games in the these forums. It's one of the rules in these forums. Just an FYI.
I guess they do things like team intros cause its easier and takes up less development time than gameplay mechanics. Look how long it took to eliminate suction blocks and tackles. haha Player momentum and Cheerleaders! Madden 2015!!!

# 43 roadman @ 07/11/11 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleStud
I guess they do things like team intros cause its easier and takes up less development time than gameplay mechanics. Look how long it took to eliminate suction blocks and tackles. haha Player momentum and Cheerleaders! Madden 2015!!!
Nope, cheerleaders are in this years.

Nah, it's been explained several times that they have different departments. As far as suction blocking and tackling, that's been the biggest concern the past few years on Youtube and now it's taken care of.

They've doubled the size of the game play team, physics engine in the future, new commentary audio from FIFA technology, etc.. I don't have time to stress much on things that are out of my control.

I'd say the future sounds encouraging, but we'll see and time will tell. Here's to 2015!

# 44 tabulaRasa @ 07/11/11 07:00 AM
Madden usually is stale and boring, and the fact their exclusive took away the awesome NFL2K pissed me off at EA. But this new camera work and presentation looks really good! Awesome.

# 45 Aggies7 @ 07/11/11 07:14 AM
Didn't read through whole thread but did they have piled up snow behind endzones in previous versions. I have never noticed that and it looks awesome.

# 46 K3nny870 @ 07/11/11 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
Yup, my 75/25 chance of buying the game just turned into 100%. I'm a presentation geek so I love this. Gameplay only got better by taking out the suction tackles. No brainer for me.
WHEN CAN WE LOOK FORWARD TO THE PLAYER RATINGS TO BE REVEALED???

# 47 EvanRG @ 07/11/11 11:02 AM
If game play is even on par with NCAA -- this presentation just put it over the top. (I'm also not an OD guy so that won't bother me in the least).

# 48 mikeb88 @ 07/11/11 12:10 PM
That camera shot of the fans going wild followed the hovering shot of pete carroll after the gaffney diving TD catch made gave me the chills. It looked so lifelike and realistic. I'm counting the days till Madden releases

# 49 idesign2 @ 07/11/11 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb88
That camera shot of the fans going wild followed the hovering shot of pete carroll after the gaffney diving TD catch made gave me the chills. It looked so lifelike and realistic. I'm counting the days till Madden releases
You totally read my mind. You can tell they studied TV coverage and tried to reproduce those camera angles as much as possible. Very, very nice.

Still not sure it's enough to actually compel me to buy the game this year (haven't purchased Madden in several years), but I'll at least rent it.

# 50 jpdavis82 @ 07/11/11 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
You totally read my mind. You can tell they studied TV coverage and tried to reproduce those camera angles as much as possible. Very, very nice.

Still not sure it's enough to actually compel me to buy the game this year (haven't purchased Madden in several years), but I'll at least rent it.
Do you like what you're seeing in NCAA12? Just curious because the people that played both Madden and NCAA 12 say that M12 is better, but they are both worth buying day one.

# 51 donnyj86 @ 07/12/11 07:25 AM
Green stickers on the back of the helmet, "BIG DEAL"
No unique wire camera, "No Big Deal" LOL

I'll probably rent again this year. Good to see punt blocking is still terrible.

# 52 idesign2 @ 07/12/11 01:36 PM
Quote:
Do you like what you're seeing in NCAA12? Just curious because the people that played both Madden and NCAA 12 say that M12 is better, but they are both worth buying day one.
I haven't played an NCAA football game in many years, so I don't really pay attention to it. From what little I've seen, however, NCAA12 doesn't appear to have made as many presentation strides as Madden. And certainly not enough to make me want to buy the game.

Truth is I've been bored with football games for several years. Can't really name any specific reason, but Madden has just felt flat to me since the switch to the current generation of consoles. Last year I actually purchased the game first day, but then sold it a week later due to boredom. Maybe my expectations are too high, I dunno.

At any rate, the new presentation elements I'm seeing from Madden this year are absolutely a step in the right direction. Love love LOVE the TV broadcast replay angles. I'm still not buying it first day, but I plan to at least rent it for a few days.

# 53 TeamBuilder @ 07/12/11 03:38 PM
Quote:

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.
Start listening to the game announcers at 6:36. They refer to Tebow as "Number Fifteen" instead of calling him Tebow.
Also, they saw that "Number Fifteen" is on a draw, which is incorrect, he's handing it off to Moreno for the draw.

These are the things that really bother me about Madden. 3D grass? Who cares? Give me announcers that call the players by name instead!

# 54 lilgame06 @ 07/13/11 05:11 AM
game looks great. really looking forward to it...

but there is one mechanic that I have beef with.

The screen play ran by the Broncos around 6:20 into the video was executed awfully. I really hope that execution was just a matter of either a better defense being called or just poor execution due to the offensive personnel of the Broncos because that was disappointing to see. Screen plays have been hit and miss over the past few Maddens. particularly WR screens...Seems like they were too good in madden 10, but nearly impossible in Madden 11..

The particular problem in this video shows that the slot receiver (#10, Jabar Gaffney) didn't block the correct player. In reality, since the screen was intended for Brandon Lloyd (the receiver lined up to the far right), Gaffney should have ran over to block the corner that was lined up with Lloyd. According to the play art on the field, the RG should have kicked out as well...and it looked like he was going to, but then he changed his mind. In reality, he and Gaffney should have kicked out...one should have attacked the corner in the flat zone, while the other got in front and prepare to lead the train ahead for Lloyd. The TE on the left side of the formation also didn't get his block either, which should have been the end rushing from his side.

The defense was in Zone, and neither the safeties or linebackers seemed to recognize the screen off the snap, so if the RG and Gaffney would have gotten their proper blocks, rather than worrying so much about the defensive linemen, this play could have busted open for a huge gain. The emphasis on screen plays is supposed to be more about blocking downfield and outside, rather than blocking the defensive linemen or pass rushers.

Not trying to come off nit picky, but it has been one of those play types that we just haven't gotten right yet throughout the years. Other than that, the video was nearly flawless. the presentation is definitely stunning, and the commentary is not nearly as bad as it was in the E3 videos, which is a great thing. And the touchdown play got me really excited. The ball placement was perfect on it...and it was great to see that the MLB didnt warp to deflect the pass. It definitely seemed like in Madden 11, that play wouldn't have worked because the MLB would have jumped sideways into the air to deflect that...haha

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.