Home
NHL 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gagnon39 @ 07/09/11 11:09 AM
Predictions? What's the next intro video?

I say Detroit.

# 22 CubFan23 @ 07/09/11 12:52 PM
eh, it's cool the first time you play but really, how many games do you sit through the intro, I always skip them.

# 23 MizzouRah @ 07/09/11 01:20 PM
It's a start...

We need to get here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P8O-...eature=related

That video makes the hair on my arms stand up.. I want this same feeling in the video game.

# 24 Gagnon39 @ 07/09/11 02:56 PM
The thing that would make intro's fun and unique would be to let the user have control over it. The user should be able to control the players as they warm up.

They come out onto the ice, and you can skate in circles with the team. Then the team starts taking shots on goal, then 2-on-1's, everything the teams do. Players stretching, flipping pucks into the stands. Some players should have helmets on, others should not. Now that, I would not skip.

# 25 VDusen04 @ 07/09/11 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
The thing that would make intro's fun and unique would be to let the user have control over it. The user should be able to control the players as they warm up.

They come out onto the ice, and you can skate in circles with the team. Then the team starts taking shots on goal, then 2-on-1's, everything the teams do. Players stretching, flipping pucks into the stands. Some players should have helmets on, others should not. Now that, I would not skip.
I bet this idea doesn't get much of a look because producers probably feel everyone would skip it. Even so, it's still a fun idea. I used to really enjoy being able to control the lay-up lines in College Hoops.

# 26 SwinginAs12 @ 07/09/11 07:20 PM
But those are warmups, they don't have cool entrances for warmups. The have warmups where they just walk out and knock the pucks on the ice and then they return to the locker room and then they have the cool entrance where they just skate around.

# 27 MizzouRah @ 07/09/11 09:11 PM
I'd also love to hear the starting lineups announced.

# 28 mercalnd @ 07/09/11 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39

The warm up occurs about half an hour before these entrances.

# 29 plaidchuck @ 07/09/11 10:08 PM
Better than nothing but pointless IMO without the authentic modeled arenas.

# 30 Vikes1 @ 07/10/11 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I'd also love to hear the starting lineups announced.
I'd enjoy this too Mizz.

To add on to this...how about if they showed the individual players along with their season stats.

# 31 DStars15 @ 07/10/11 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I'd enjoy this too Mizz.

To add on to this...how about if they showed the individual players along with their season stats.
If they announced the starting lineups alone, the intro would be 100 percent more authentic and I guarantee that would please a lot of people including myself.

# 32 MizzouRah @ 07/10/11 09:19 AM
Agreed

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

# 33 jaiman @ 07/10/11 11:34 AM
Why not do like FIFA, NBA live where you could control one player while the game loads. This could be the warm up part of the game where you could shuffle through skaters as they go through some warm up drills. Once you press start, the introduction starts.

This would also open up the possibility of game time decision stuff with injuries, etc.

# 34 Flamesfan102 @ 07/10/11 01:17 PM
916 likes on the EA NHL facebook page, if we get to 1,000 likes, Sk88z will post another new entrance video!

only 84 to go

# 35 jaiman @ 07/10/11 03:17 PM
Just watched the video again. A nice little touch I noticed. Looks like they FINALLY added the actual time and score on the centre ice scoreboards. It took a while, but from that video, it looks like its in. It also shows video of the players coming onto the ice on the video screen.

Pretty neat addition. The scoreboards still need some "authentic" work though.

# 36 Therion7 @ 07/10/11 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan102
916 likes on the EA NHL facebook page, if we get to 1,000 likes, Sk88z will post another new entrance video!

only 84 to go
Pass mark achieved. Hope it's the Montreal flag bearers.

My local team do the same on a budget. Just one kid!

# 37 Sports fanantic @ 07/10/11 11:22 PM
if you see close enough where the person is lowering or blocking!!!!! the text where it shows the sj sharks arena info, you can see its still say "San Jose Sharks Arena" and not HP pavilion or at least the shark tank! Bummer!

# 38 AllDay560 @ 07/11/11 02:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDfHl...eature=related

Please EA have the kids with the flags for Montreal!
(sorry not sure how to embed)

# 39 Vanman2425 @ 07/21/11 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports fanantic
if you see close enough where the person is lowering or blocking!!!!! the text where it shows the sj sharks arena info, you can see its still say "San Jose Sharks Arena" and not HP pavilion or at least the shark tank! Bummer!
I was going to point this out as well. Too bad, but it looks like they're still going to have the same licensing issues with certain arenas.

Glad to see that they may have FINALLY updated scoreboards around the league after about five or six years of some being incorrect.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.