Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

FSB has posted some of the new FIFA 12 career mode features.

Quote:
Visuals: Visually things are pretty similar but the whole front end has been nicely polished. The calendar for advancing matches now embeds in the main screen allowing you to track news and events while the game progresses. You can also halt the advancement at any time if you want to stop and read an article or deal with a transfer deal. There are new colour coded calendar items for league, cup, friendly and European matches too.

Scouting: Yes, scouting is finally back in Career Mode but only for youth players players. You can hire up to three scouts and send them to different regions around for a duration of your choice. The scouts themselves vary in quality with the best scouts demanding the most cash. To get accurate data on the quality of the youth prospects in a region you may need to scout multiple times, however if you wait too long a rival club could step in and sign the player you’re after.

Youth Academy: And once you’ve scouted your young prospects and decided to sign them they get added to your Youth Academy. From here you can track their development and when the time is right either move the players in to your first team squad or realise you made a terrible mistake and send them packing.

Player Stories: Throughout the season players will now approach the manager voicing their concerns or happiness at certain decisions. The topics range from injury worries, lack of game time, unhappy about a new signings, being played out of position, morale, retirement and many, many more. How you deal with these issues is entirely down to the manager.

Transfer Deadline Day: Is now a fully fledged feature of its own in Career Mode and on transfer deadline day the game advances hour by hour to allow you to wheel and deal before the window slams shut. You also have the option to stall transfer deals to allow your self more time to decide between multiple targets.

Form and Morale: Are both back and will need to be delicately managed over the course of the season. These two features plugin to the ‘Player Stories’ system where players will become and unhappy for any number of reasons.

Player Growth: Is allegedly fixed, but we’d need to play for multiple seasons to confirm this. However one very positive example came up when playing a Career Mode as Southampton. Just 3 games in to the season Alex Oxlaide Chamberlain recieved a substantial amount of growth receiving around 10 stats improvements. Most were just +1 but there were a few, +2 and +3 upgrades too. Which when compared to FIFA 11′s +1 growth for an entire season is surely a good sign. Alex is a player who you’d expect to have fairly rapid growth too so the scenario seemed to fit well.

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Altimus @ 08/04/11 04:01 PM
Like all upgrades and fixes but I hope this means we'll be able to view all transfers from all leagues. Seems this feature appears one year, gets taken out the next. To me it's a huge feature of MM.

# 22 coach422001 @ 08/04/11 10:04 PM
I agree that we should be able to see transfers and standings (accurate, consistent) from other leagues. Last year they had the standings from other leagues but I noted the points changed a month before the end of the season. Man U had 85 at one point but finished with like 76.

For us off-liners, I dare say I'd like to be able to manage teams from multiple leagues in a manager "universe". I don't know how much there giving us to immerse us in the game, so if it is like previous seasons, I'd love to have one game where I manage in multiple leagues.

# 23 Duncan_224 @ 09/22/11 12:48 AM
Is all of this stuff confirmed? Or just what you would like to see?

# 24 Qb @ 09/22/11 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan_224
Is all of this stuff confirmed? Or just what you would like to see?
What stuff? If you mean the info in the first post, yes, those are confirmed features/improvements. Much of the chatter from early hands-on the manager portion of career mode -- FIFA Soccer Blog had some good info -- was quite positive, especially the new stuff like player & media interaction. Hopefully the mode will hold up over time with limited bugs, but we'll see.

# 25 gansett5 @ 09/23/11 06:42 PM
I wonder if you will be able to move young players you buy on the transfer market into your youth academy, although i suppose you could just loan them out

# 26 chrisTN @ 10/06/11 12:43 PM
it says 84+3 for jack wilsheres overall in squad reprt menu but hes still the same overall in team management and i completed the season and his squad report overall just said 84 again and no +3

# 27 seawolves9 @ 10/06/11 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisTN
it says 84+3 for jack wilsheres overall in squad reprt menu but hes still the same overall in team management and i completed the season and his squad report overall just said 84 again and no +3
That's how much he's grown in the season. He started as an 81 and has grown to an 84, thus the +3 appears in the squad report.

Another example.

Hugo Lloris starts out as an 86 I do believe. So when I go to squad report, his overall is now a 90 with a +4 by it. When I go into squad management, his overall is a 90. That's how the system works.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.