Home
Madden 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Chicago Bears

Nickel Normal Sugar 2 Buzz

The Chicago Bears defensively have been known as the team that likes to play cover 2 on passing situations. While that notion still holds true, the Bears will mix in quite a few different schemes from a Double A Gap blitz look. Double A Gap schemes in which two linebackers align in both A gaps are a favorite of the Bears. Nickel Normal Sugar 2 Buzz is one of the plays that brings this idea to life.

Green Bay Packers

Gun Flex Trey-Packer Corner

When you watch QB Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense the word that comes to mind is "Wow!" Rodgers, and his stellar post-season play, led the Packers on a remarkable run through the playoffs and a Super Bowl title. Despite numerous injuries to several key starters, the Packers' offense never missed a beat in steamrolling through the postseason. With so many weapons on offense it's hard to try and keep everyone involved and happy, but WR Greg Jennings is the one that every team focuses on. On this play, taken directly from the Super Bowl, use the "Packer" package from the Gun Flex Trey set to line up Jennings in the slot where he will run a corner route. The two other receivers lined up to the right will run under routes drawing the coverage and opening up Jennings for a big play.

Minnesota Vikings

Singleback Y-Trips-Vikings Y-Seam

The Vikings came into the season with huge expectations, but a rash of injuries, poor play and a murderous schedule saw them struggle to a 6-10 record. With QB Brett Favre out of the picture, the Vikings will turn to rookie first round draft pick Christian Ponder to lead them back to the playoffs. An old cliché for young QB's is that the TE is their best friend as a safety valve. In this case, TE Visanthe Shiancoe will be the featured target for Ponder on this play as he will be running right down the seam in hopes of splitting the safeties for a big play.

Detroit Lions

5-2 Normal Cover 3

The Detroit Lions over the last few seasons have accumulated a wealth of talent on the defensive line. A play that can be used to take advantage of that talent is 5-2 Normal Cover 3. The play can be used against both the run and pass as the cover 3 concept gives good coverage while also bringing a safety down to the box pre-snap.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 P21J @ 07/12/11 09:56 PM
Man, at certain points in this video, the footage looked like it was taken straight from a TV broadcast.

# 2 jpdavis82 @ 07/12/11 10:27 PM
Yeah looked pretty good, too bad my computer sucks so bad and can't handle anything over 360p it seems. Also we have confirmation that team stadium songs are still in, as we hear Skol Vikings in the background on that TD.

# 3 vstro @ 07/12/11 10:47 PM
These broadcast view videos are fun and all, but I want to see actual game play from the view I'll be playing the game at. I don't want to see another highlight reel EA has put together trying to showcase certain things.

# 4 schnaidt1 @ 07/12/11 10:52 PM
wow...the clip of the vikes vs bears in metrodome...i did a double take...i thought they were comparing the play at soldier field to this real life play....then i realized it was the game!!! wow....

# 5 CFTejada @ 07/12/11 11:42 PM
Figure Skating or Football

J/K

Game looks brilliant

# 6 realone504 @ 07/12/11 11:55 PM
man if u look away an down u whud think its the real game

# 7 iBlievN5 @ 07/13/11 02:54 AM
if they added a "zone turn" type of animation in the game it'd be pretty much picture perfect every play

# 8 TreyIM2 @ 07/13/11 06:09 AM
The broadcast cam looks much better, it seems, due to the collision engine. Looks more realistic, now. Less robotic but still evident, at times. I'll take it...

Oh, that opening play with the rushers coming off the edges and sacking the QB - WOOOO!! That ish looked GREAT!! Can't wait for the game. EA is making amends for 11's wackness. They BETTER keep it going, next yr. Animations and more human responses gotta be a focus, next yr. That hunchback walk to the line by the D GOTTA GO!

Anyway, nice clip!

# 9 DickDalewood @ 07/13/11 08:12 AM
Wow... the best word I can think of is "smooth". Everything looked SO smooth!

Glad to see some solid PS3 footage too

# 10 greenegt @ 07/13/11 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
wow...the clip of the vikes vs bears in metrodome...i did a double take...i thought they were comparing the play at soldier field to this real life play....then i realized it was the game!!! wow....
I had the same reaction. I am so pumped!

# 11 johnprestonevans @ 07/13/11 09:25 AM
Fantastic stuff! Looks much better than it did in the E3 build. The cuts and transitions look smoother. And I really love seeing the different angles from the various stadiums. Great work.

# 12 malky @ 07/13/11 09:43 AM
Well to me, the broadcast camera angle got worst. The seattle vs Cleveland vid, the camera was a tad bit closer, looks like the camera went back a few feet in these new vids. Hopefully you can change the zoom on the angle when the game is released.

# 13 DickDalewood @ 07/13/11 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
Well to me, the broadcast camera angle got worst. The seattle vs Cleveland vid, the camera was a tad bit closer, looks like the camera went back a few feet in these new vids. Hopefully you can change the zoom on the angle when the game is released.
They added the real life broadcast angle for each stadium... I'm not sure how that qualifies as getting worse...

# 14 franchiseplay @ 07/13/11 11:19 AM
i love this, i sim and watch a lot of games for projects i do, so this view is great. i already know what the gameplay cam will look like. itss only so much you can do with a football gameplay cam, tinker too much and you have Backbreaker. So I'm impressed

# 15 jpdavis82 @ 07/13/11 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
They talked about this in the sea cleveland demo video, each stadium the camera will be in its exact location. So in a stadium like Buffalo the camera's going to be a lot closer than a stadium like dallas or minnesota. It's true to life, so all the camera's are going to be different every stadium you play in.

# 16 jpdavis82 @ 07/13/11 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Let's get the retail version in our hands first and see how solid it really is before crowning it. Hopefully this is the year.
Did you say "crown"

# 17 XtremeDunkz @ 07/13/11 01:59 PM
Wow, Shiancoe celebrating on that TD looked real. 3D grass makes a huge difference.

# 18 bigsmallwood @ 07/13/11 02:59 PM
Anybody who can't recognize how GREAT LOOKING Madden 12' is needs to get an eye exam! The game looked like a REAL game for almost every part of that video! Loved Shiancoe celebrating the TD laying down on the 3D grass! Looking forward to getting my hands on the final product of Madden 12!!!!

# 19 XtremeDunkz @ 07/13/11 03:02 PM

Really makes me wish Madden had the screenshot feature NCAA has had for years.

# 20 Richardcg @ 07/13/11 03:12 PM
wow that looked great. getting really pumped about madden this year. really thought i was looking at real life gameplay footage at certain points. might be the veiw i play on.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.