Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Today we’re able to detail the upcoming NASCAR® The Game™ 2011 Downloadable Content (DLC) plans. In the coming weeks, the new DLC will be coming to PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE® and will include the 2011 car models, with over 60 primary and secondary paint schemes, 2011 race schedule in Career Mode, 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ points system, 200’ MegaVision TV in Charlotte and repaved Daytona track. The DLC will allow gamers the chance to play through either the 2010 or 2011 seasons, giving them an unprecedented two full NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ seasons. Note that the newly constructed Kentucky Speedway has been included in the original game which launched on March 29. The DLC will be free for PlayStation®3 via PlayStation® Network and incorporated in to Patch 2. It will be available for download on Xbox 360 via Xbox Live released shortly after Patch 2 and will cost 160 Microsoft Points.

Please note that the game’s patches are free on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation3.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Richzilla @ 07/18/11 01:59 PM
It's a sick add on for sure.

Too bad people will go nuts when they figure out that there will be a charge for this dlc when the company has stated from day 1 that it would be free and used that fact as a tool to try and promote sales of the game.

All that being said I've bought worse add ons for more points.

I will buy it to complete the game and it will be the last time I spend 1 cent on anything these guys put out.

The bad PR over the patch taking 2 months longer than it should have and now charging for this after stating it would be free.

They should have held this game until now and put the 2011 stuff on the disk and they could have given us a complete game to play.

# 2 bluengold34_OS @ 07/18/11 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richzilla
It's a sick add on for sure.

Too bad people will go nuts when they figure out that there will be a charge for this dlc when the company has stated from day 1 that it would be free and used that fact as a tool to try and promote sales of the game.

All that being said I've bought worse add ons for more points.

I will buy it to complete the game and it will be the last time I spend 1 cent on anything these guys put out.

The bad PR over the patch taking 2 months longer than it should have and now charging for this after stating it would be free.

They should have held this game until now and put the 2011 stuff on the disk and they could have given us a complete game to play.
Agreed Rich...this has been one big cluster...and this 360 charge for the DLC is just another kick in the nuts. It's Microsoft that is forcing them to charge for it, but at this point, I don't think it really matters bro. I will also buy it, and to be honest, I will buy next years game too. There is a lot of good in this game, but just so much negativity to go along with it.

# 3 TCrouch @ 07/18/11 04:28 PM
And now they're charging for it?

Oh.

My.

God.

I don't care what the reason is. If that possibility even existed, they should have kept their traps shut about the "free DLC" when the game was being released. It just stinks of more over-promising and under-delivering, which is a proven method of sinking your product.

These guys seriously need to hire some new blood to come in there and help make some of the decisions for them. What information to release, how to navigate a PR disaster, etc.

It's just one cluster after another with this development team. I don't know what's worse--that they've been so bad with all of this, or that I still have the damn game and keep checking the threads and information because I want it to be playable so badly.

# 4 brandon27 @ 07/18/11 06:51 PM
So wait, the DLC pack that's been promoted as FREE since launch date is now going to cost us... Hell, its well over a month late as it is as well. Plus there still isn't a patch to make this game playable. Unbelievable. Just one thing after another with this title. They would have been best to just not release this mess. I know it's only what, like $2 or something stupid like that, but still... the fact remains, I've had this game since March 29, played it for a few weeks, if that, its sat around waiting for its 3 month patch, and 3 month later DLC, and now theyre going to charge me for something that's been promoted as free all along??? Sounds awfully fishy to me... Think I may just hang onto this one and trade it in for Madden. Enough is enough with this game. I'm not a big online gamer, and it's not like this game itself is deep enough to play for a long period of time anyways with its one and done "career" mode.

Oh hell, what am I saying... I'll probably still end up getting it, but not until after the patch drops and I can see if this game is worth hanging on to, I think it will be, but the way things have gone to date, who really knows?

It's a shame its all worked out this way for Eutechnyx, underneath it all is the really solid foundation for a great nascar game. I don't think many will be able to look past this ordeal though when NTG2012 comes along in a few months.

# 5 Richzilla @ 07/18/11 07:26 PM
What chaps my hide is that I bought this game on xbox due to the fact that I don't have a wheel for my ps3.

Cant use the wheel due to the force feedback burning up wheels and now I get to pay 2 more dollars.

Should have bought the PS3 version and played with the game pad as that's what I ended up doing anyway...lol

Assuming the quality of the patch and what it fixes is also not a lie...This game could have been well received if they would have held it back to release with the start of the chase.

# 6 ExtremeGamer @ 07/18/11 09:37 PM
Something isn't right with this whole deal. MS has a policy that DLC cannot be charged for if it's available for free on another system. So even if MS was forcing the charge of it, then it's the developers then violating that and allowing it to be free on another system. Something is very fishy about the whole deal.

# 7 Rules @ 07/18/11 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
And now they're charging for it?

Oh.

My.

God.

I don't care what the reason is. If that possibility even existed, they should have kept their traps shut about the "free DLC" when the game was being released. It just stinks of more over-promising and under-delivering, which is a proven method of sinking your product.

These guys seriously need to hire some new blood to come in there and help make some of the decisions for them. What information to release, how to navigate a PR disaster, etc.

It's just one cluster after another with this development team. I don't know what's worse--that they've been so bad with all of this, or that I still have the damn game and keep checking the threads and information because I want it to be playable so badly.
Lol, I think your post just summed up how I feel about all of this. *I just donated 159 points to your Pay Pal*

# 8 Rules @ 07/18/11 09:57 PM
Next year I definitely am not buying on day 1 regardless of what they say or how great it is suppose to be. I will wait until August of 2012 when patch 1 gets released. Besides you know the old saying......

1) Fool me once........shame on you.
2) Fool me twice.......shame on me.
3) Fool me a third time........and I am stuck with Nascar the Game 2011.

# 9 Cubfan @ 07/18/11 09:58 PM
According to Dave on twitter you have to sell 2 pieces of dlc before you get a free one. I hate that we have been told for the longest time that this dlc would be free and now we have to pay for it. I'm just happy it's only $2 and not something higher.

# 10 huntt26 @ 07/18/11 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
According to Dave on twitter you have to sell 2 pieces of dlc before you get a free one. I hate that we have been told for the longest time that this dlc would be free and now we have to pay for it. I'm just happy it's only $2 and not something higher.
If that's the case, they should just make some shirts and hats for people to download for their avatars and then give us the free DLC.

# 11 Richzilla @ 07/18/11 10:11 PM
If that's true...which I doubt based on their track record...why don't they put out 2 new paint jobs for the 2010 cars for like 2 bucks each.

Problem solved.

If they seriously wanted to make this right they would.

I now have serious doubts about this "patch".....anyone else think they are blowing smoke about how great it will be and what it fixes.

I bet they are having quite a laugh over all this while they are rolling around in a pile of our money.

# 12 ExtremeGamer @ 07/18/11 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
He's lying. Many games have had free DLC come out on release day even.

# 13 statum71 @ 07/18/11 10:17 PM
I'm so sick and tired of "coming soon."

This game has been sitting on my shelf for well over a month. Heck, its almost football season.

# 14 Goblowsoup @ 07/19/11 12:58 AM
It's really too bad it's taking so long to get this patch out. Unfortunately this group did the same thing with Ferrari Challenge and a few other Ferrari games they said would eventually come to North America. With Challenge they continually promised DLC and updates. NA got none of those updates, as far as I'm aware only Europe did. The nice thing about NASCAR is that it was only sold here in the states. So, sooner or later...I'm assuming later...we'll get the DLC. And, even if it doesn't hit until the end of the NASCAR season you won't hear me complain one bit. It'll just give me one less reason to buy another NASCAR game next year since I'll have a whole new season and fixes.

And for those of you who now have to spend 160MS Points, I'm terribly sorry. MS requires this policy of no "free" dlc. I remember Halo had some DLC that Bungie wanted free. However MS only allowed it to be free for a short period of time which came after the second DLC of the game came out. This same reason is why many older sports games had their DLC removed from the store or still sit there for 800 points or so without anyone buying them.

# 15 TCrouch @ 07/19/11 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
He's lying. Many games have had free DLC come out on release day even.
Not to mention, even if he's NOT lying....why the hell didn't they know this already before advertising it for months?!?!?!

It's comically sad, how inept they appear.

# 16 Maxil @ 07/19/11 04:51 AM
They state they have never put out free DLC before and was not made aware of this policy.

Still their fault though for not ironing that out way ahead of time though.

But I don't think their lying. If they were doing it for the $ they would charge for PS3 as well. But in regards to microsoft, usually you plan out a set of DLC for the length of the title, then you can hash out what's going to be free and what's not and the price structure, cuts etc.

I think someone just didn't check/double check the setup, or microsoft wasn't made aware of eurotech's plans and didn't tell them till recently of their policy on dlc.

# 17 Aggies7 @ 07/19/11 05:27 AM
After all this time and the cluster it became I am absolutely shocked that they are charging for this.

# 18 Rules @ 07/19/11 10:03 AM
Well they definitely stumbled with making this game and putting out the patches and DLC. However, I will be the first to give them praise if the patch fixes a majority of the bugs that make the game unplayable. It is obvious they bit of more than they could handle. What they do have is hopefully a base to making next year's game much better. They only problem is that others and I will be gun shy when their next installment drops.

I also think I will avoid watching or reading many of their interviews as they talked a big game and failed miserably. This is one case where they made EA look good as I don't think EA has hyped and failed to this degree before. They probably had promises out to Nascar of when they were going to release. Heck they probably had promises out to everyone and then ran in circles not knowing what to do. There is one thing that I learned out of all of this:

Eutechnyx is not a first day purchase. I will always divert to reviews especially from this forum before buying another product from them. Even getting this game for I think around $40 the first week was still over priced.

# 19 Lieutenant Dan @ 07/19/11 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Well they definitely stumbled with making this game and putting out the patches and DLC. However, I will be the first to give them praise if the patch fixes a majority of the bugs that make the game unplayable. It is obvious they bit of more than they could handle. What they do have is hopefully a base to making next year's game much better. They only problem is that others and I will be gun shy when their next installment drops.

I also think I will avoid watching or reading many of their interviews as they talked a big game and failed miserably. This is one case where they made EA look good as I don't think EA has hyped and failed to this degree before. They probably had promises out to Nascar of when they were going to release. Heck they probably had promises out to everyone and then ran in circles not knowing what to do. There is one thing that I learned out of all of this:

Eutechnyx is not a first day purchase. I will always divert to reviews especially from this forum before buying another product from them. Even getting this game for I think around $40 the first week was still over priced.
That's a good post, Rules.

The patch: It's so enormous and sweeping, including a lot of additions that players were requesting in the Eutech forums...not just fixes. I can appreciate that it's so comprehensive and has the potential to be a 'game changer' in the literal sense, and that it seems to have been tested and retested exhaustively to make sure it doesn't re-break the game.

However, I'm forced to agree that the game did get overhyped, and even post-patch will likely not live up to it's promise. But I do have high hopes that NTG12 will shape up nicely IF the NTG11 patch pours the concrete for the foundation successfully.

I also think Activision forced Eutech to release this game before they were ready...I think a similar thing happened with F1 2010's release, which required some significant patching but turned out really good in the end...and didn't take as long to do. And frankly, F1 was more 'done' out of the box than NTG was.

DLC: This was a very well-intentioned freebie that turned into a last-minute snafu with the 160 point charge. I'm still giving Eutech the benefit of the doubt that this was levied my MS, BUT Eutech should have made certain that it WOULD be released as free before repeatedly beating the drum about it. So, 60% on M$ for this stupid policy, and 40% on Eutech for not making sure free DLC would go thru as they wanted it to, not doublechecking M$'s policies.

# 20 bluengold34_OS @ 07/19/11 11:32 AM
In my honest opinion, I truly think this is what happened.

You had NASCAR give the rights to a company that has never made a game like this before--Why?, because Ed Martin was on board. Ed Martin headed NASCAR projects for EA, Papy, and Hasbro. I think you have a case of Ed wanting to blow the public away with this game, and it was just too much to handle in such a short time. Why else would see a game with so much promise, but fell short in some areas. I think they tried to fit way too much into the first iteration, and ran out of time. If their first release would have been NASCAR 12, I think we would have seen a much different project, and the people would be praising Eutes for such a solid title.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.