Home
NASCAR The Game 2011 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Today we’re able to detail the upcoming NASCAR® The Game™ 2011 Downloadable Content (DLC) plans. In the coming weeks, the new DLC will be coming to PlayStation® Network and Xbox LIVE® and will include the 2011 car models, with over 60 primary and secondary paint schemes, 2011 race schedule in Career Mode, 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ points system, 200’ MegaVision TV in Charlotte and repaved Daytona track. The DLC will allow gamers the chance to play through either the 2010 or 2011 seasons, giving them an unprecedented two full NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™ seasons. Note that the newly constructed Kentucky Speedway has been included in the original game which launched on March 29. The DLC will be free for PlayStation®3 via PlayStation® Network and incorporated in to Patch 2. It will be available for download on Xbox 360 via Xbox Live released shortly after Patch 2 and will cost 160 Microsoft Points.

Please note that the game’s patches are free on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation3.

Game: NASCAR The Game 2011Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 15 - View All
NASCAR The Game 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TCrouch @ 07/19/11 12:22 PM
Very likely. The handling model under the hood is fantastic. It's like they spent 80% of the development time working on the handling...which is a good thing in my opinion. If you can only get one thing absolutely right in a game, make sure it's the handling.

Unfortunately for Eutechnyx, they took that literally. They just about managed to only get one thing right.

# 22 bluengold34_OS @ 07/19/11 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch
Very likely. The handling model under the hood is fantastic. It's like they spent 80% of the development time working on the handling...which is a good thing in my opinion. If you can only get one thing absolutely right in a game, make sure it's the handling.

Unfortunately for Eutechnyx, they took that literally. They just about managed to only get one thing right.
As least that portion of game is correct. Who cares if we have a fleshed out career or an incredibly deep online portion, if the game drives and feels horrible. You can see the infrastructure in the game for everything they wanted to do, but it's just not there. I am hoping that 12 will produce the game, that 11 should have been. I will continue to support this company, even though there have been some massive mistakes...WHY?--because I think they really do care about the product immensely, and want their customers to have the best NASCAR game they have ever played.

# 23 seasprite @ 07/19/11 12:41 PM
Unreal, seriously? This is an absolute kick in the junk to their consumers. Ive never had a problem with paying for DLC, even if it "was supposed to be in the game originally", but this is just to another level. After broken promises all throughout the patch ordeal, the one thing you should have been true to was the DLC for free that you pumped about so much in generating sales. Disappointed with Eutechnyx and especially Dave for that bold face lie about DLC not being able to be free. SMH

# 24 bigdoc85 @ 07/19/11 08:20 PM
NASCAR -- just grant the license to CodeMasters and let's be done. I'm guessing that there has been enough happen here to justify NASCAR terminating the current license. And what I also can't stand is Dave out there blaming the delays on the patch on the PSN hack and trying to spin this. Just stop tweeting already and get the patch out. I'm so close to listing this on ebay and just buy F1 2011 in the fall.

# 25 LiveAllDaWay @ 07/20/11 01:02 AM
I don't see it in Xbox 360 marketplace why is it not showing Nascar in the downloadable content could some1 give me a good explanation why its not showing in the DLC I looked in N and theres no Nascar why is this happening?

# 26 Cubfan @ 07/20/11 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveAllDaWay
I don't see it in Xbox 360 marketplace why is it not showing Nascar in the downloadable content could some1 give me a good explanation why its not showing in the DLC I looked in N and theres no Nascar why is this happening?
DLC isn't out yet.

Update from dave on twitter:
18 Jul FavoriteRetweetReply
»

davet_etx Dave Thompson by Ice_etx

Believed we could give DLC for free. MS says you must have paid DLC before free,sorry our mistake! Talked with MS to get it free but no luck

Sucks it can't be free that is microsofts fault not Eut. DLC is only $2. Im sure we have all paided far more for DLC that sucked.

# 27 fearwhatnow @ 07/20/11 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
DLC isn't out yet.

Update from dave on twitter:
18 Jul FavoriteRetweetReply
»

davet_etx Dave Thompson by Ice_etx

Believed we could give DLC for free. MS says you must have paid DLC before free,sorry our mistake! Talked with MS to get it free but no luck

Sucks it can't be free that is microsofts fault not Eut. DLC is only $2. Im sure we have all paided far more for DLC that sucked.
We've all paid far more for DLC's that sucked.But guess what:The main game was playable.
Months ago I posted my thoughts about the delay of the patch.I'm 100% sure that they can't fix the bugs and that's why they're not releasing the patch.They'll finally release a broken patch and handle the license to another company.

# 28 Rules @ 07/20/11 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
We've all paid far more for DLC's that sucked.But guess what:The main game was playable.
Months ago I posted my thoughts about the delay of the patch.I'm 100% sure that they can't fix the bugs and that's why they're not releasing the patch.They'll finally release a broken patch and handle the license to another company.
They have too much wrapped up into Nascar. My opinion it is better that Nascar continues with Eutechnyx since they have built the foundation. There are a lot of things right about the game but it just was not complete. Time wasn't exactly on their side nor did they have the extensive resources like other prior companies to get this done in a timely manner. I just don't feel like I can deal with another start over from scratch Nascar game. Codemasters would have been the perfect ones in the first place but it is what it is.

# 29 mkharsh33 @ 07/20/11 02:59 PM
Any news on the patch yet?? (haven't played this game in weeks...but i'd like to. just can't right now). thanks!

# 30 Rules @ 07/20/11 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Any news on the patch yet?? (haven't played this game in weeks...but i'd like to. just can't right now). thanks!
No news as the 360 patch is with Microsoft and the PS3 patch just got submitted to Activision on the 14th.

Probably will be the first week of August to see the 360 patch and dlc and about another two weeks after that for the PS3.

# 31 TCrouch @ 07/20/11 04:14 PM
So let me get this straight--their patch was supposed to pass in 7 to 10 days (which was yesterday), and then they'd give us a future release date after that? Seriously?

I'm done.

# 32 Rules @ 07/20/11 04:23 PM
Quote:
So let me get this straight--their patch was supposed to pass in 7 to 10 days (which was yesterday), and then they'd give us a future release date after that? Seriously?

I'm done.
I just don't know what to think anymore. I added the August timeframe only because nothing else they have told us has worked out.

# 33 mkharsh33 @ 07/20/11 05:28 PM
Dave and crew should be embarrassed...seriously, this whole thing is a disaster. They should put out some kind of deal where they could reimburse you for the DLC with MS points - I know that probably can't be done, but geesh...what a joke. From the patch to the DLC - just a mess.

# 34 Cubfan @ 07/20/11 05:57 PM
Quote:

I'm done.
It's 7 days as of this past Monday.

# 35 TCrouch @ 07/20/11 06:38 PM
Quote:
It's 7 days as of this past Monday.
I did the whole '7 to 10 days' math, but considering it was submitted on the 9th...that would have made 10 days on the 19th, unless there's new math. I would say perhaps it's business days, but considering they submitted it on the 9th and it was a Saturday, I wouldn't think that would be accurate.

In any case, it doesn't matter much. I don't know why on Earth I would actually think that any time frame they would give would be anywhere near accurate at this point.

# 36 Cubfan @ 07/20/11 07:02 PM
Yes 7-10 business days.

# 37 Rules @ 07/20/11 09:13 PM
Quote:
I did the whole '7 to 10 days' math, but considering it was submitted on the 9th...that would have made 10 days on the 19th, unless there's new math. I would say perhaps it's business days, but considering they submitted it on the 9th and it was a Saturday, I wouldn't think that would be accurate.

In any case, it doesn't matter much. I don't know why on Earth I would actually think that any time frame they would give would be anywhere near accurate at this point.
You messed up it is in Nascar days. So really it has only been 2 days

# 38 TCrouch @ 07/21/11 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
You messed up it is in Nascar days. So really it has only been 2 days
That was a good one

# 39 Cubfan @ 07/21/11 10:35 PM
Good news from Dave via twitter:

davet_etx Dave Thompson

I am pleased to announce the approval of the patch by Microsoft. It will be released 23rd July at 2am PDT. Thank you for your patience #NTG

Finally!

# 40 seasprite @ 07/22/11 12:50 AM
Quote:
Good news from Dave via twitter:

davet_etx Dave Thompson

I am pleased to announce the approval of the patch by Microsoft. It will be released 23rd July at 2am PDT. Thank you for your patience #NTG

Finally!
I want to believe him, but at this point, I am not going to hold my breath.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.