Home
Madden 12 News Post

There are few better moments in sports gaming than landing an impact rookie who can step in immediately and improve your team. Ndamukong Suh was able to do that for the Detroit Lions, and it's that time of year again where we get our first look at the players who will be immediate contributors in Madden NFL 12.

A fresh infusion of talent by way of the NFL draft is the surest way your favorite team can build for the future. Why do you think we always debate the top draft classes and not the top free agency classes of all time? We get excited adding rookies to Madden NFL 12 too. Rather than tweaking and adjusting ratings for the same old veterans we get to build new guys from scratch, projecting how they’ll transition to the pro game. If only their coaches could do that.

Today we’re looking at the top overall rookies in Madden NFL 12 according to ratings. Simply put, these are the new guys we’ve added to the game that should have the biggest impact right out of the box.

There are a lot more rookies in a lot more categories –like Top Wide Receivers or Running Backs—so keep it locked here. For now, get to know this batch of first year players.

10. Robert Quinn - DE - STL - 78 OVR

9. Julio Jones - WR, ATL - 78 OVR

8. Mark Ingram - RB - NO - 79 OVR

7. Mike Puncey - OL - MIA - 79 OVR

6. Von Miller - OLB - DEN - 79 OVR

5. J.J. Watt - DE - HOU - 80 OVR

4. A.J. Green - WR - CIN - 80 OVR

3. Prince Amukamara - CB - NYG - 81 OVR

2. Marcell Dareus - DE - BUF - 82 OVR

1. Patrick Peterson - CB - ARZ - 82 OVR

That’s our look at the top rookies in Madden NFL 12. There are a lot more rookies in a lot more categories still to come. And remember we’ll be consistently updating all rosters and all players during the 2011 NFL season, so these lists are just a starting point. Keep it here for more on Madden NFL 12 rookies, ratings and info.

Source: Rookie Ratings: Top Rookies in Madden NFL 12

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 dougdeuce @ 07/18/11 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
Blech. The Prince Amukamara rating is ridiculous - the guy was picked 19th. EA's ratings czar knows the skills of Prince better than the teams that passed on him?

I can see some subjectivity as far as initially downgrading guys who are all about potential/upside (Cam Newton) and initially upgrading guys who are supposedly "polished" as far as college prospects, but this one's a stretch. I will be making some changes in my franchise mode, for sure, even if only to downgrade certain rookies that EA is in love with to line up better with where they were drafted.
wasn't randy moss picked 21st? Blech... Haha. Pick position doesn't mean too much. Ponder was picked 12th after all.

# 22 apkguitar1991 @ 07/18/11 09:01 PM
As a Florida fan, Mike Pouncey is way too high.

# 23 brettmickey @ 07/18/11 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apkguitar1991
As a Florida fan, Mike Pouncey is way too high.
Yeah that seemed like an odd choice for the top 10... Probably name recognition with his brother got him up there

# 24 db56 @ 07/19/11 02:36 AM
The list seems pretty fair, EA has been close on the rookies for a couple of years now.

# 25 tatmanfish @ 07/19/11 03:38 AM
I was expecting Da'Quan Bowers to be on this list. His injury concern was about longevity, not being injured so bad he couldnt perform.

He was the concensus #1 DE before his surgery, hopefully the meaningful ratings are high enough to make him play well.

Theres a few guys I question on the list since theres 2 DEs and a 28th pick HB rated higher.

# 26 Roncatto @ 07/19/11 07:27 AM
The funny thing is we say that these rookie ratings are too high, yet how often have you found the 86/87 rated generated rookie after season 1

# 27 tbook24 @ 07/19/11 09:32 AM
i agree with ratings based on projected impact as well as how their game will transfer to the nfl plus projected playing time

# 28 boodahisthe1 @ 07/19/11 09:52 AM
Marcell Dareus - DE - BUF - 82 OVR....<

# 29 boodahisthe1 @ 07/19/11 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodahisthe1
Marcell Dareus - DE - BUF - 82 OVR....<
im lovin this..i am a die hard bills fan and will be forever..i hope marcell goes beyond the expectations set forth in front of him this year.."CANT WAIT" (in my bart scott voice)

# 30 Uncle Way @ 07/19/11 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
The funny thing is we say that these rookie ratings are too high, yet how often have you found the 86/87 rated generated rookie after season 1

Rookie Classes were definitely broken and overrated... Hopefully that's fixed this year

# 31 xpmar9x @ 07/19/11 10:19 AM
I would say all of the rookies are overrated. Personally, I think all rookies should be under 80 until the season starts. Prince is a little high IMO, should be around 79 and Von should be a little higher.

# 32 xpmar9x @ 07/19/11 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
I hate that. Ruins franchise mode, there generated rookie classes are crazy. You'll find 6'5 WRs with 98 Speed starting at 86 overall, and it just makes the following year unrealistic. I did see that they re-did the draft classes, so hopefully they fixed it.

# 33 brza37 @ 07/19/11 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
I was expecting Da'Quan Bowers to be on this list. His injury concern was about longevity, not being injured so bad he couldnt perform.

He was the concensus #1 DE before his surgery, hopefully the meaningful ratings are high enough to make him play well.

Theres a few guys I question on the list since theres 2 DEs and a 28th pick HB rated higher.
Exactly, DeQuan Bowers is something they just can't replicate in Madden the way the injury system is now. This is a guy most scouts think will be a beast for 2-3 years but will break down pretty soon because of his knees. His probable lack of longevity due to a deteriating knee problem is the reason he fell to the second round not because of what he can do right now.
He should be rated up there with PP7 if not higher but then his injury rating should plummet after a few years and his physical skills also after the first big injury. Right now he will be an average Madden DE with a low Injury rating and probably low Potential. He'll be hurt every year in Madden for multiple games but somehow last 12 years in franchise.

# 34 Alter Eg0 @ 07/19/11 10:25 AM
Half of that is BS! PRINCE better than VON MILLER! WTF! ROBERT QUINN should not be up there. What makes him better than RAYN KARRIGAN?
Quinn KARRIGAN
40 4.7 4.71
Bench 22 31

And Karrigan should have better AWR and he has a high motor!
Karrigan had a better college career. WTF!

# 35 will12203 @ 07/19/11 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
Yeahhh Buddyyy. Marcell Dareus TIED with Patrick Peterson as the #1 rookie! Soo pumped right now
Our line will be looking good with Dareus and Williams.

# 36 boogeyman12 @ 07/19/11 12:08 PM
not surprised after looking at it. all though we don't see the rest. no fairley? quin (missed last year)?

# 37 tonybologna @ 07/19/11 12:29 PM
Quote:
7. Mike Puncey - OL - MIA - 79 OVR
Typo? Pouncey must be a Panzy!

# 38 ramblinwrecktn @ 07/19/11 01:24 PM
I bet Cam will be in the 60's.

# 39 brettmickey @ 07/19/11 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
And you'd be wrong.
I wonder what Cam Newton's rating is... 75?

# 40 iva-chargers-fan @ 07/19/11 07:16 PM
I think Von Miller should be #1

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.