Home
FIFA Soccer 12 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

According to CVG, EA Sports has signed an unprecedented Man City FIFA deal.

Quote:
EA Sports and Manchester City Football Club have announced an "unprecedented" deal that will see exclusive MCFC content appear in the FIFA series of games.

The deal, which was announced at EA Sports' campus in Vancouver this morning, "is unprecedented in both its scale and scope within the computer game industry", says the football club.

As part of the agreement, dedicated Man City content will be distributed through the Club and EA's digital channels, including MCFC 'match simulations' prior to real fixtures and "unique visuals of the City stars in action".

Probably much to the annoyance of fans of the unrecognisable Premier Leagues squads in EA's game, the FIFA firm's captured 360 degree 3D head scan shots of the entire Man City first team.

EA Sports will also give fans the opportunity to download an "exclusive and unique free club specific pack design" prior to FIFA 12's September 30 release, and provide dedicated gaming areas around the Etihad Stadium in Manchester.

Game: FIFA Soccer 12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
FIFA Soccer 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JJT @ 07/18/11 08:21 PM
could be cool if do other teams.

# 2 Mo @ 07/18/11 08:35 PM
PES here I come.

# 3 Ermolli @ 07/18/11 09:07 PM
What dows "exclusive and unique free club specific pack design" mean?

If you aren't a City fan, I don't know how this would be interesting besides the specific faces.

# 4 Bruins @ 07/18/11 09:21 PM
Don't see anything negative about this, really...

Not that I care too much, but all it means is Man. City will utilize FIFA for simulations on their website as pre-game coverage, and from the deal we get really accurate player models/faces for Man City, an "exclusive and unique free club specific pack design" (whatever that means... could they have worded it ANY worse?), and that there will be stations to play FIFA at Etihad Stadium.

Basically, nothing to see here... So no reason to bash EA for this like post #3 did.

# 5 rckabillyRaider @ 07/18/11 09:25 PM
IMO, they gonna alienate alot of die hard supporters of other epl teams and possibly miss out on some sales. I don't care much about the epl so it doesn't bother me, but I can understand how some fans will be turned off by this

# 6 Mo @ 07/18/11 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
IMO, they gonna alienate alot of die hard supporters of other epl teams and possibly miss out on some sales. I don't care much about the epl so it doesn't bother me, but I can understand how some fans will be turned off by this
Yeah, I dont know about that. It's not like it will come out with Man City colors plastered all over the game.

Other than maybe Clichy's face being more noticeable there wont be much to it in the actual game.

It will be more like what Bruins said.

# 7 rckabillyRaider @ 07/18/11 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Yeah, I dont know about that. It's not like it will come out with Man City colors plastered all over the game.

Other than maybe Clichy's face being more noticeable there wont be much to it in the actual game.

It will be more like what Bruins said.
Yeah, probably not drop in sales. That probably is a bit extreme, but there will be complaining and whining for sure.

# 8 chivs890 @ 07/18/11 09:51 PM
I don't see why anyone's complaining..?

The 360 degree 3D head modelling is done to many teams in the game, so that's not an exclusive for Man City.
And the only other thing is the clubs area being Man City themed if you want...

And everyone gets to have it if they want, so... You people are just unbelievably stupid if your bashing EA for this as it benefits everyone, just more so Man City fans... you lose nothing. Quit being so mindlessly pathetic.

# 9 Ermolli @ 07/18/11 11:41 PM
The one thing that I found negative is that PES couldn't sign Man City to appear in their games.

# 10 Goblowsoup @ 07/19/11 01:08 AM
I only bashed it due to some experiences with false promises from EA. Certain aspects of the game that are left out or required to be downloaded for full enjoyment. Games like Battlefield that make you pay $15 for DLC which ends up only being a few MB download. This is obvious proof that it is already on the game, just that they want more money. As with that instance, Tiger Woods has done the same over the past few years. Take this years game and you have enough DLC that you could buy the game twice and since the courses are already built into the "Road to the Masters" mode, there's a good chance the disc already has those DLC's on them.

When I read this story originally all I could think of was "great, another way for EA to nickle and dime me". Sure, maybe they won't...not yet, but maybe one day they will with FIFA. Sorry if it seemed like I was trolling. I've played one full PES game in the past 5 years, but each year the demo impresses me more and more but not to the point that it replaces FIFA in my catalog. I'm a huge fan of the FIFA series as far back as I can remember. And sure, it's cool for Man City to have this, but shouldn't they kind of treat each team this way. Shouldn't this dedication and authenticity be there for all of the teams. At least all of the big "leagues" out there. I'm certain not a lot of people care about random teams from Switzerland...but we all want the biggest players, and the biggest teams/leagues to get this respect and quality.

Sorry for such the long post, just felt the need to defend my complaining and whining early on today. I understand that sometimes when an opinion is in the minority, the majority will think you're a troll.

# 11 Dazraz @ 07/19/11 03:57 AM
Why would a game that features a heap of licensed Leagues/Teams decide to focus on 1 single club so heavily? Maybe EA feels that there is a large segment of Man City fans that they can attract to the FIFA market.
More likely this is a decision pushed not by EA but by Manchester City Football Club. Man City are a team who have been invested in heavily by their owners & who are trying to turn them into the Premierships next best thing. Maybe this is the owners way of pushing the teams global appeal.

# 12 infemous @ 07/19/11 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Why would a game that features a heap of licensed Leagues/Teams decide to focus on 1 single club so heavily? Maybe EA feels that there is a large segment of Man City fans that they can attract to the FIFA market.
More likely this is a decision pushed not by EA but by Manchester City Football Club. Man City are a team who have been invested in heavily by their owners & who are trying to turn them into the Premierships next best thing. Maybe this is the owners way of pushing the teams global appeal.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

This is non news for non Man City fans. It's a shame that the youth players don't get face scanning either tbh.

Hopefully they engineer likewise deals with numerous teams, but again, this is more gloss and has little to no impact on the quality of the game and subsequent enjoyment of it.

Only way this would be annoying was if Man City stuff was plastered all over the menus etc.

# 13 Hoosiers86IU @ 07/20/11 02:21 AM
I think Man City pursued this. May be a long shot but with UEFA Fair Play rules coming into affect very soon City has to find ways to balance the budget so to speak. Signing this deal with EA will bring the club more money (and exposure).

I really think this is also a move to brand Man City as a "hip" team. FIFA sells very well in North America and if a newbie soccer fan sees a team like Man City getting this attention they may jump aboard the sky blue band wagons...

Anyways...Go Chelsea! The original New Money club!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.