Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Christian McLeod has confirmed the NCAA Football 12 roster glitch will be addressed in an upcoming patch. The fix for now? Are you ready for this? Delete your named roster file.

What are the problems you ask? Here are just a few comments from the OS community.

One of the NCAA Football 12 Software Engineer's posted this topic (roster related), in hopes to get some things resolved.

via skins5680
Quote:
When you edit the name of a scrambling QB it changes them to balanced and editing a balanced QB changes them to scrambling. I noticed when i downloaded a roster with names that Denard Robinson was shown as a balanced QB so i went back to the default roster and he was back to a scrambler. So i played a game with the named roster and he attempted zero scrambles. I then played a game with the default roster and he scrambled five times in the first two drives.

via Gotmadskillzson
Quote:
I seen this last week when I downloaded Fairdale Kings rosters for the 360. It just isn't the QBs tendancy that changes, it is also the pass rusher, coverage guys, hard hitters.

Everybody tendancy description changes......

I noticed it also effected the Kick off and punt returns for the CPU. And effected the punt blocking the user. With no names, I was able to return punts back for a TD sometimes with a good enough returner.

With names, the gunners get down the field super fast like they did in NCAA 11.

With out names, the CPU was able to return punts and kick offs back for TDs on me. With names, their blocking is non existent and the cpu have a hard time making it to the 30 yard line on kick offs and on Punt returns they get 3 yards now, my gunners get down the field so fast now I be right on top of them as soon as they catch the ball.

So as it stands, no names seem to give the better game play.

Being that other players tendancies have changed, I noticed some things.

1. LBs get a lot of tips and INTs on named rosters, even when they aren't in position to do so.

2. Safeties who suppose to be heavy hitters, turn into coverage guys and Intercept passes they normally wouldn't.

3. WRs get off the line quicker on named rosters and they hit stick tackle people on Ints. I had intercepted a pass and a WR hit sticked me.

4. Thomas with his new found strength is now more likely to keep the ball on read option plays. More like 90% of the time now. This was the same way in NCAA 11 when you made a QB's strength too high.

5. DEs don't generate a pass rush on named rosters like they do on non named rosters.

Now I am REALLY glad I didn't delete the default roster. I will have that to play until they fixed the name rosters issue.

Way too many players to edit get them back to what they suppose to be tendancy wise. Which is another thing, with the work around even though they back to their correct tendancy, their ratings will be out of whack.

Good players will be made weaker, weaker bad players will be made stronger.

via buckeye02
Quote:
Same issue with no patch.

Also messed around, it changes the tendency for every single player. Im thinking that the rosters will have to be named again if this is patched.

How can they patch it to go in reverse and correct tendencies on already named rosters?

Looks like a more realistic patch is a fix to keep it from changing for future named rosters.

via Bumble14
Quote:
Just received confirmation that this issue is being looked into heavily by the guys at EA. Be patient--there is a sizable amount of testing with different design divisions to identify the issue and look into a possible fix.

It would be helpful if you can please put together a chart showing the following for all positions affected by this issue. I would then like to provide this information to EA. This would also help with making community edits if necessary. Thanks.

Position:
Default Tendency:
New Tendency:
Result:

via BaylorBearBryant
Quote:
Well, so far...

Position: Quarterback
Default Tendency: Scrambler
New Tendency: Balanced
Result: Default scrambling quarterbacks hardly scramble at all.

Position: Quarterback
Default Tendency: Balanced
New Tendency: Scrambler
Result: Default balanced quarterbacks scramble all the time.

Position: Running back
Default Tendency: Speed
New Tendency: Balanced
Result: Default speed backs act as balanced backs. They'll attempt power moves too often.

Position: Running back
Default Tendency: Balanced
New Tendency: Speed
Result: Default balanced backs act as speed backs. They'll never attempt power moves.

If you want to read more about the ongoing NCAA Football 12 roster glitch, simply read the replies to this topic.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1061 tonybologna @ 08/01/11 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Some good news on this found in another thread from EA, dont hijack that other thread though with this roster problem now but thought it would be nice for everyone to see this that might have missed it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042675693
Thanks for posting this. Why couldn't that software engineer posted this in the EA & Consumer Respect thread or from another thread? This is stated from a thread about a different bug/glitch.

Not in the proper place to make this statement even though I'm glad to see something being stated about this roster glitch from an EA Sports employee. Thanks!

# 1062 SGMRock @ 08/01/11 03:04 PM
That was his personal thread where he was troubleshooting that issue with players from here. So naturally he posted there that his fix for it was going to be in the next patch. Someone asked him about the Roster issue and he answered though he didn't have to so I think its great that he did.

# 1063 vstrong50 @ 08/01/11 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealPNasty
Maybe I missed it but what was the roster glitch? And who has the most accurate rosters because USC Oline is horrible for no good damn reason.
are you mentally challenged??

# 1064 CaptainZombie @ 08/01/11 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstrong50
are you mentally challenged??
That is very nice talking about someone's mentality that you don't even know.

# 1065 tonybologna @ 08/01/11 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
That was his personal thread where he was troubleshooting that issue with players from here. So naturally he posted there that his fix for it was going to be in the next patch. Someone asked him about the Roster issue and he answered though he didn't have to so I think its great that he did.
I didn't notice that! That was his thread. I thought that was a thread made by staff here. I guess it was okay for him to post that from there even though most will not see it because they may not have that issue designated for that thread.

They wouldn't know to look in there. That's my main point but I certainly didn't know that thread was started by him. Thanks for making me aware of that. Thanks!

# 1066 aga11ah @ 08/01/11 05:30 PM
the bad thing about the unnamed rosters is my game freezes A LOT.. once every 4 or 5 games.

with the named rosters it never froze.

btw.. EA really needs to let us have the option of turning replays and all the extra crap OFF.. considering that's what causes the game to freeze (early 3rd quarter highlights kills the frame rate)

# 1067 MattUM2 @ 08/01/11 09:16 PM
I was told that we are stil able to edit the rosters to our liking. And when the new patch comes out things will sort back to being normal.

Is that true.

Like can I go back to editing my rosters for PS3 with everything changing and then when the Patch comes out DRob will go back to scrambling QB.

# 1068 BaylorBearBryant @ 08/02/11 03:19 PM
I come on Operation Sports everyday just to see if a patch has been released. Everyday that goes by I get more and more pissed at EA. I've pretty much decided that I'll only buy the NHL series from here on out. It's sad because I used to buy Madden, NCAA FB & BB, and NHL every year. Every once in a while I'd buy NBA Live, FIFA, Tiger or Fight Night. I've had it.

I predict EA sports is going to take a big hit in a year or two. I'm tired of putting up with this crap, especially with the football games. I still can't believe they canned the NCAA basketball series. I just don't think I'll be buying EA sports games as often.

And now I read about this EA sports season ticket? For real? So I can get a buggy game 3 days before release? And wait 3 more days for the patch? No way in hell...

# 1069 LambertandHam @ 08/02/11 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
I come on Operation Sports everyday just to see if a patch has been released. Everyday that goes by I get more and more pissed at EA. I've pretty much decided that I'll only buy the NHL series from here on out. It's sad because I used to buy Madden, NCAA FB & BB, and NHL every year. Every once in a while I'd buy NBA Live, FIFA, Tiger or Fight Night. I've had it.

I predict EA sports is going to take a big hit in a year or two. I'm tired of putting up with this crap, especially with the football games. I still can't believe they canned the NCAA basketball series. I just don't think I'll be buying EA sports games as often.

And now I read about this EA sports season ticket? For real? So I can get a buggy game 3 days before release? And wait 3 more days for the patch? No way in hell...
I get the frustration. EA hopefully has a more polished product in Madden, as I can't imagine the outcry if some of the issues that plagued NCAA crop up, the freezing in particular.

# 1070 SaboPack @ 08/15/11 01:11 PM
Have we received any update regarding when EA is going to release this patch for the rosters.

I am almost through season 1 (3 or 4 games before bowl season), and I hoed it would be out within the week.

# 1071 LionsFanNJ @ 08/15/11 04:23 PM
Nope, and even if its submitted this week it will take some time for MS and Sony to clear it for release. I wouldn't expect anything until close to the release of Madden

sent from parts unknown

# 1072 stoncold32 @ 08/15/11 04:51 PM
Was there/has there been any mention of fixing the jerseys not getting dirty like they should?

# 1073 sniperscout75 @ 08/15/11 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Was there/has there been any mention of fixing the jerseys not getting dirty like they should?
There was no mention of this in the patch notes released that Im aware of.

# 1074 xxjgbxx @ 08/15/11 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant

I feel your pain next year I'm not picking up college on release, I'm trading my college in to bb bc they have a promo right now.and you can get 42 toward a pre order and ill pick madden up around black Friday for $30 if it gets good reviews

# 1075 SaboPack @ 08/16/11 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Nope, and even if its submitted this week it will take some time for MS and Sony to clear it for release. I wouldn't expect anything until close to the release of Madden

sent from parts unknown
Thanks, I really appreciate the reply.

Damn, this has been frustrating. I was so happy with 2011, and now this. Of course, I bought 2011 fairly late after all updates were complete and user-created rosters had been thoroughly revised.

So happy with last years installment, that I foolishly rush out to purchase this one the day of and now... this?

I guess I'll just continue to play on and wait to play my bowl game until the roster patch is unveiled.

# 1076 SaboPack @ 08/17/11 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
See, this is so wrong. EA's "release a broken game and fix it later" approach is something NONE of us should stand for. There is no reason what so ever why a brand new game should need multiple patches (Madden 11 needed 4, I believe) to become a correctly functioning product. One patch to correct some things that might have slipped through the cracks, sure. But missing glaring bugs and then forcing someone to wait a month or more to get to enjoy their purchase is wrong...

Posted using the power of knowledge.
Trust me, I agree completely.

This has been the only situation like this I have ever encountered, and I'm just glad OperationSports was around to clue me in to the future player development issues before I got too far along in my Dynasty.

Hopefully this patch comes out soon. Perhaps I'm completely ignorant regarding game development, but this particular issue, while major in terms of its affects on gameplay, seems as if it would be a minor fix.

I wish they would at least address this concern quickly, and then issue other fixes (perhaps uniform degradation, etc), as we go along. This roster issue is the most imperative, imho.

# 1077 Buster6 @ 08/17/11 02:50 AM
Will this patch include a $60 refund for buying this POS game?

# 1078 TheVinylHippo @ 08/17/11 12:33 PM
Add this to the list of the other 100 problems with this damn game.

EA Tiburon never ceases to amaze me. It seems like the thing the NCAA team does best is finding a way to completely cripple this game.

# 1079 bigdfan76 @ 10/12/11 10:08 PM
Why did this thread die like 2 months? I just now discovered this glitch. So patch 4 will fix this? This sux. It's like I paid $60 to simm a few seasons and get draft classes for Madden... wow.

# 1080 I3RIS3H @ 10/12/11 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
Why did this thread die like 2 months? I just now discovered this glitch. So patch 4 will fix this? This sux. It's like I paid $60 to simm a few seasons and get draft classes for Madden... wow.
Pretty sure this thread died, along with peoples last hope for EA.. by now many people have gone on to play games that are worth their time and money.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.