Home
Madden 12 News Post

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer breaks down the AFC West team overall ratings in Madden NFL 12.

As you no doubt know, we are releasing the "Madden NFL 12" Overall Team Ratings over the course of this week and next. We're doing it division by division, and today we've got ratings for the AFC West. And remember, we'll also be breaking down the complete player ratings starting August 1. Until then, Tebow or Orton, who you got?.

Denver Broncos: 74
It's all about who you want as your starting quarterback in Denver. Tim Tebow is 77 overall with 80 speed and 76 throwing accuracy while Kyle Orton is 82 overall with only 64 speed but 85 accuracy. Really depends on how you like to play "Madden." As a guy who likes mobility, I'll take Tebow.

San Diego Chargers: 85
With Philip Rivers clocking in at 96 overall and Antonio Gates at 99, the Chargers are going to be tearing up defenses through the air. The fact that they have three running backs with 90-plus speed doesn't hurt, either.

Kansas City Chiefs: 84
Jamaal Charles was one of the surprises of the "Madden" cover vote, showing strong support throughout his campaign. His reward? EA Sports makes him one of the most feared backs in Madden with 98 speed.

Oakland Raiders: 76
Darrius Heyward-Bey blazes the virtual field with 97 speed but only has a 68 catching rating. That pretty much sums up the team right there. Oh yeah, Shane Lechler is a beast at 98 overall.

Source: Madden NFL 12 Team Ratings - AFC West

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 j_paq_9 @ 07/21/11 04:35 PM
The Chargers with 3 Running Backs with 90 plus Speed.......... Ryan Mathews and Jordan Todman I can see, those guys can both fly but Mike Tolbert with 90 plus speed just doesn't seem right.

With that said the Chargers offense is stacked this year. Gonna be a fun team to use.

# 2 Broncos86 @ 07/21/11 04:48 PM
Boy do I have my work cut out for me.

# 3 HeavyHitter55 @ 07/21/11 04:59 PM
Seeing that I'm using Denver in my M12 league once it drops, I'm looking at this year as simply a year of development for the entire team. Plus, if the Broncos go after DeAngelo Williams out of Carolina, I won't have to worry much about Tebow's throw accuracy right away.

# 4 gridironjunky @ 07/21/11 05:02 PM
I would assume darren sproles is the third back.

# 5 jpdavis82 @ 07/21/11 05:05 PM
Jamaal Charles finally getting some respect in the spd department. I know he ran a 4.38 40 yard dash at the combine, but he also ran a 10.18 100 meter dash at Texas, that's ridiculous.

# 6 Broncos86 @ 07/21/11 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSpleen
The raiders went 8-8, 6-0 in the division and are widely seen as a team on the rise, thats ridiculous. way too low. That heyward bay comment is pure ignorance, Darren Mcfadden, Rich seymour, Zach miller, one of the most explosive rookies in jacoby Ford, Tyvon Branch a very good safety, etc.... a very talented d-line. Raiders have talent. Cannot believe the ignorance with that statement.
The Raiders have always had talent. Many scouts and analysts were stunned that the Raiders took Heyward-Bey. Al Davis loves speed.

I sense a disgruntled homer?

# 7 franch1se @ 07/21/11 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_paq_9
The Chargers with 3 Running Backs with 90 plus Speed.......... Ryan Mathews and Jordan Todman I can see, those guys can both fly but Mike Tolbert with 90 plus speed just doesn't seem right.

With that said the Chargers offense is stacked this year. Gonna be a fun team to use.
its Sproles not Tolbert

# 8 brettmickey @ 07/21/11 05:43 PM
Quote:
none of what you said has anything to do with what I posted, DHB is 1 player. Saying That sums up this team with so many good players on it is moronic. DHb was a bad pick, Jacoby ford, Louis murphy M bush z miller were steals, but the media wont talk about that.... Raiders are rated way too low. Me being a fan or not is irrelevant here. ESPN and others say the raiders will challenge for the dvision this year. EA has no clue.

The raiders beat the chiefs twice and Rb is just as good if not better overall (Great pass catcher, bigger, stronger) then charles. Yet they are ranked much higher, laughable.
I see where you're coming from. If the Bills were 6-0 in the division I would be very pissed if they were in the mid 70's. Losing Asomugha is gonna kill the secondary though

# 9 Broncos86 @ 07/21/11 05:57 PM
Quote:
No it wont, we never had aso for several games last year. His replacement was the second highest rated CB in the league (Routt), opponents only completed less then 30% of passes thrown his way.. With a good d-line you dont need 15 million tied up in a corner.à

The score is bad, but it was the comment about DHB and that summing up the team that is totally off base.
The Broncos proved this point the last several years, regarding secondary. Champ Bailey and a solid secondary, but no pressure on the QB and that secondary will break down. Consistent QB pressure will make journeyman CBs look like stars.

# 10 Broncos86 @ 07/21/11 06:09 PM
Yeah, ask Dre Bly how playing opposite of Champ Bailey went down. I said "damn it, Bly" more often than I want to admit.

# 11 brettmickey @ 07/21/11 07:04 PM
Well losing Aso isn't going to help the secondary... But it is true that a good pass rush can make any secondary look good, that doesn't mean the secondary is actually good though, it's only perception. Maybe it won't kill the coverage like I overstated, but it will hurt one way or the other

# 12 Harrison_UNC_Barnes* @ 07/21/11 07:32 PM
I say
Raiders 70
Broncos 72
Chargers 84
Chiefs 87

# 13 brettmickey @ 07/21/11 07:36 PM
Quote:
Have not lost him yet, we can still sign him..........

Anyway back on topic the OP's remarks male me think he knows a lick about football outside a few teams. The Raiders had a bad run the last decade, but things have changed. Raiders woefully low rated and that comment about DHb shows a lack of knowledge about the rest of the roster.
Yeah there is no love for the "lesser" teams of the league. All 32 teams are a lot closer than team overalls show. There is too much parity every single week to think that some non-playoff teams are so much worse than other top teams. Not saying Bills should be an 80 overall or anything but for some other teams like the Raiders that had a great season they need to be rewarded for an accomplished year

# 14 ShavarHayes @ 07/21/11 07:52 PM
The question must be asked...J. Charles or C. Johnson?

# 15 DaggerSwagger @ 07/21/11 08:46 PM
Quote:
The raiders went 8-8, 6-0 in the division and are widely seen as a team on the rise, thats ridiculous. way too low. That heyward bay comment is pure ignorance, Darren Mcfadden, Rich seymour, Zach miller, one of the most explosive rookies in jacoby Ford, Tyvon Branch a very good safety, etc.... a very talented d-line. Raiders have talent. Cannot believe the ignorance with that statement.
The raiders have been hated for yrs. i mean even when they don't win ppl tend to feel as though they are sooo f'king bad ...in other words....GO RAIDERS!!!

# 16 DaggerSwagger @ 07/21/11 08:51 PM
Quote:
Have not lost him yet, we can still sign him..........

Anyway back on topic the OP's remarks male me think he knows a lick about football outside a few teams. The Raiders had a bad run the last decade, but things have changed. Raiders woefully low rated and that comment about DHb shows a lack of knowledge about the rest of the roster.
really can't blame him he's a donkey fan lol...and how did they finished last season?...oh ok

# 17 bkrich83 @ 07/21/11 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_paq_9

I am pretty sure the 3rd is Sproles as he's still officially on the roster. After the lockout though he'll probably be gone.

# 18 bkrich83 @ 07/21/11 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkman02
**** San Diego, they suck ballz!
I guess the MENSA meeting got out early today.

I can't wait for school to start again.

# 19 MK Redline @ 07/21/11 11:40 PM
Looking forward to rebuilding these Broncos under Tebow. Hopefully Fox can pick up some good Free Agents this coming Wednesday!

# 20 dirtguru @ 07/21/11 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Boy do I have my work cut out for me.
I feel your pain!!! As a pocket passer I think I will go with Orton but I'm still not sure?

We got some potential on defense though.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.