Home
Madden 12 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 12 rookie ratings, showing off the top rookie quarterbacks.

A fresh infusion of talent by way of the NFL draft is the surest way your favorite team can build for the future. Why do you think we always debate the top draft classes and not the top free agency classes of all time? We get excited adding rookies to Madden NFL 12 too. Rather than tweaking and adjusting ratings for the same old veterans we get to build new guys from scratch, projecting how they’ll transition to the pro game. If only their coaches could do that.

Rookie quarterbacks in Madden NFL 12 almost have it as tough as their real life counterparts. If a player isn’t a Hall of Fame caliber player after his first snap, he’s immediately subject to more verbal abuse from fans than he’s ever heard in his life. Whether you’re yelling at them --or for them-- with a remote control, gamepad or $10 pretzel in your hand, quarterbacks get far too much credit and far too much blame for their team’s success or failure.

In Madden NFL 12 the rookie QBs will likely be subject to even more scrutiny with the addition of player traits and tendencies as those are just more metrics on which you can base your hastily formed opinions after each snap.

10. Greg McElroy - NYJ - 65 OVR

9. T.J. Yates - HOU - 66 OVR

8. Ricky Stanzi - KC - 68 OVR

7. Ryan Mallett - NE - 69 OVR

6. Colin Kaepernick - SF - 70 OVR

5. Andy Dalton - CIN - 71 OVR

4. Christian Ponder - MIN - 73 OVR

3. Jake Locker - TEN - 74 OVR

2. Blaine Gabbert - JAX - 75 OVR

1. Cam Newton - CAR - 77 OVR

Again nobody from this group, including the #1 overall pick, breaks into the 80s with their overall rating. Quarterbacks have it extremely tough when it comes to ratings, though. Drew Brees only briefly flirted with a 99 OVR rating after posting a 5000-yard passing season in ’08 and then leading New Orleans’ celebrated Super Bowl run in ‘09; Ben Roethlisberger has a pair of Super Bowl rings and he only hovers around a 90 OVR in Madden NFL games. So now what do you think Cam Newton will have to do for Carolina to get into even the low 80s as a rookie?

Don’t forget, we’ll be consistently updating all rosters and all players during the 2011 NFL season, so these lists are just a starting point. Keep it here for more on Madden NFL 12 rookies, ratings and info.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/26/11 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I think the Bills did a GREAT job picking up Dareus. That's going to pay dividends on defense. Just worried about them protecting the QB. I want the Bills to be contenders again. One of my best friends is a Bills fan, and he's a very humble fan. Doesn't talk trash, just likes to watch his team. Great guy to watch a game with.
I've found that most Bills fans are that way. Granted, they haven't really had a reason to talk trash for awhile, so maybe that's why, and granted I remember my neighbor went to a Bills game dressed in Raiders gear and he got pissed on, but personally, I went to a Bills game wearing a creamsickle Bucs Mike Alstott jersey and all the fans were high fiving me lol.

# 62 ubernoob @ 01/13/13 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
SEEEEEEE

Kaep's 86 speed needs to be increased.
Or GBs defense just lowered to a bunch of 50s across the board, even lower in awareness.

# 63 TheDelta @ 01/13/13 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Or GBs defense just lowered to a bunch of 50s across the board, even lower in awareness.
Not really, you just continued to call Cover 2 Man Under or Cover 1 Man plays without a spy, when you do that you shouldn't be shocked an athletic QB completely destroys you on the ground, works just as well in the NFL as in Madden...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.