Home
Madden 12 News Post

Kotaku recently had a chance to play the Wii version of Madden NFL 12. It seems EA Sports is bringing the old school Tecmo Bowl control system.

Quote:
He told me the game had new control schemes, including Tecmo Bowl-inspired controls. He told me about the latest graphics overhaul, a new Achievements-like system and improved television-network-style presentation. He even dropped in one of those great lines you can only make about a Wii game: we decided to add referees back. Really!

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kingsofthevalley @ 07/26/11 06:04 AM
Brings tecmo bowl control system? Steve, come on now. Madden has had the tecmo bowl control system since the start of this generation lol (except for 08 if I recall correctly) Remember, "Cleats not iceskates" is my motto.

# 2 djordan @ 07/26/11 08:09 AM
What do they mean Tecmo Bowl controls? controls as in 2 main buttons or zig zig player control?

# 3 boodahisthe1 @ 07/26/11 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
There's no better way to enjoy games than getting together with friends and jumping right in without having to give them a manual to learn the control system.

This is fantastic. And the Wii version it is for me. I'm not interested in graphics, just smooth fun gameplay. That's why we play games. And that's why Super Tecmo Bowl still stands as the greatest football game of all time and why tons of people still update that great game.
Madden is a strategic game..this wii version, in my opinion, would be for kids 12 & under..i could prolly play super tecmo bowl for 5 mins then the graphics would get on my nerves and i would put madden in immediately..i play games for graphics & gameplay..if i didnt care about graphics i would have kept my ps2 and xbox..thats why the wii is comin out with a new system..they care about graphics..these simple controls are for people that dont know how to play madden..if u come to my house and ask for the madden manual, we might as well put another game in cuz ur gonna get murked..

# 4 MiNiDiTkA @ 07/26/11 02:35 PM
About a month away from release and all we get is one shaky off screen video Way to promote the game EA. Probably still get it and the 360 version.

# 5 boodahisthe1 @ 07/27/11 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Respectfully disagree. For many gamers, it's all about gameplay.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a fan of American Football per se. The game is slow and boring in my opinion. And I can't get past a 3 hour game that has 5 minutes of total action. Just can't watch it, I'm sorry.

When it comes to video games, however, i enjoy playing them. Have been playing since the Tecmo Super Bowl days (1991). I still play that game. It's wonderful. And there are a ton of people that still play, and it's rosters are updated regularly. Madden still can't top it imo.

Going to pick up the Wii version. Looking forward to it.
i did not know u werent from america..football is our most famous sport in this country..i love it..from the age of 6 to 19, football was my life..now im just a devoted fan..i cant even argue/disagree anymore with you..you said "the game is slow and boring"..smh..i cant even tell you how upset i am at that statement, but bcuz i am a gangster & a gentlemen, i will not get into a back & forth thing about it on the internet..I do respect your opinion and hope one day u will love nfl/ncaa football as much as we do here....PEACE

# 6 TomZeWolf @ 07/27/11 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodahisthe1
i did not know u werent from america..football is our most famous sport in this country..i love it..from the age of 6 to 19, football was my life..now im just a devoted fan..i cant even argue/disagree anymore with you..you said "the game is slow and boring"..smh..i cant even tell you how upset i am at that statement, but bcuz i am a gangster & a gentlemen, i will not get into a back & forth thing about it on the internet..I do respect your opinion and hope one day u will love nfl/ncaa football as much as we do here....PEACE
That right there is sig quote worthy

Wii Madden is fun, but compared to 360/PS3 version it just doesn't hold the same playability factor. Tecmo Bowl controls should be good though.

# 7 MiNiDiTkA @ 07/28/11 01:11 PM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.