Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

NCAA FOOTBALL 12 KICKS OFF TO RECORD START AT RETAIL

First Two Weeks Sales Up 17 Percent Over Last Year

REDWOOD CITY, Calif., - July 26, 2011 – Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that NCAA® Football 12 generated its largest first two weeks at retail (July 12 – July 26) on Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3 platforms in franchise history. Based on internal estimates, after two weeks of sales NCAA Football 12 is up 17 percent year-on-year with more than 700,000 units sold through.

“We’re extremely pleased by the overwhelmingly positive response to NCAA Football 12 by both critics and college football fans alike,” said Peter Moore, President of EA SPORTS. “The team at Tiburon has created the ultimate college football experience which is evident at retail where the game is flying off the shelves.”

Critics and fans have applauded the level of depth and authenticity in NCAA Football 12, thanks to features like the enhanced Dynasty mode, which allows fans to climb the ranks of the coaching ladder on a mission to lead their team to the coveted national championship. While all-new pre-game traditions, like the Sooner Schooner (Oklahoma), Ramblin’ Wreck (Georgia Tech) and Traveler with Trojan Rider (USC) deliver the pride and pageantry of game day Saturday like never before. New York Times stated “NCAA Football 12 is entertaining and immersive”, while Game Informer rated it 9 out of 10.

NCAA Football 12 has reached a series of gameplay milestones, including:
  • More than 870,000 online game sessions have been played – the equivalent of approximately 600 NCAA FBS college football regular seasons.
  • More than 50,000 Online Dynasties have been created, consisting of more than 100,000 user-controlled teams.
  • Fans have created more than one million custom teams using the TeamBuilder website, the online create-a-school feature.
NCAA Football 12 is now available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems. NCAA Football 12 has been rated “E” for everyone by the ESRB. NCAA Football 12 is developed in Orlando, Fla., by EA Tiburon, and licensed through collegiate trademark agency The Collegiate Licensing Company, a division of IMG Worldwide.

For more information, please visit http://www.ea.com/ncaa-football.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 labguy @ 07/27/11 03:09 PM
50,000 online dynasties huh? Gee you think any of those gamers would play Madden online franchise if it was fully developed?

Thanks for nothing Madden Development team!

# 22 jeremym480 @ 07/27/11 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labguy
50,000 online dynasties huh? Gee you think any of those gamers would play Madden online franchise if it was fully developed?

Well put.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

# 23 Stick skills @ 07/27/11 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by labguy

Great point with all of it's problems people are still excited about online dynasty and after a good patch i will be playing it till march of next year

# 24 da ThRONe @ 07/27/11 05:50 PM
WOW you mean when the developers listen to the hardcore fans and make a quality product it sells?

I was sure over-marketing fluff year after year, while ignoring the actual fundamentals of the sport on and off the field was sure to work.

Really congrats EA, but unfortunately your job isn't done(this year).

# 25 ODogg @ 07/27/11 06:23 PM
The great irony in all of this is that many of the folks here trashing the game will be crowing about how great NCAA 12 is when we are playing NCAA 2023. That's the funny thing about this forum, I was here back in 2003 or 2007 and remember all the anger at EA about NCAA 2002 and NCAA 2006, how many bugs they had and how people were tired of EAs pathetic brand of football, etc. Yet now people here, a lot of those same people, are starting threads talking about how great those games were... and yes those same folks back then were also talking about voting with their wallets, boycotting EA, etc.

It really just goes to show that people on here just exaggerate their opinions to make for drama I think because if the game was truly that bad they would have given up on it and quit joining the NCAA forums years ago. So for all the nonsense in EAs football games, for all the bugs, and there is a bunch of both, I know a lot of folks here would never admit it but..people really do enjoy and play the game each year, even if there anti-EA rants may seem to indicate otherwise

# 26 Armor and Sword @ 07/27/11 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
This is the best NCAA game on this generation. Is that saying much? Well that is somewhat subjective, just like any game review. Is it disappointing it took 5/6 years to achieve the level we're at now? In some people's eyes, maybe. Am I glad the game is selling well? Definitely. Let's face it, if the game brings in more revenue, perhaps EA will expend more resources on making the game better.

Yes, the game has its share of problems. It is in need of quite a bit of polish as well as an entire engine rebuild, but regardless of those issues, it is heaps of fun to play, and isn't that the point of a game to begin with? Let's hope they can correct these issues in the future and make each successive year of this game the best.
This is what I shake my head at. When people freak out it took 5/6 years.

Well what do you expect? Go back and play NCAA 2000....then play NCAA 2006.

Tell me what is the difference? Yeah...it is huge. NCAA 2000 is crap compared to 2006 and beyond on PS2/XBOX. It takes time for the games to fully embrace the technology. It is why I waited to go next gen till 2009. It was this lesson I learned on PS2 that saved me a boat load of $$$$ on playing sports games. I stuck with those 2005 0r 2006 versions for 3 plus years.

NCAA 12 is light years ahead of NCAA 2007 (PS3). I am sure of it. I never played NCAA on next gen till 2011.

The game is great. Despite the bugs (which I am confident will be ironed out via patch) And know that it will never be perfect. But I don't live in the past. As much as I loved NCAA 2006 on PS2....it is not near NCAA 12...not even close!

It goes with other sports games as well.

In this day and age the patch is a huge crutch for game developers. They can test and test and I think we all know they probably knew about the bugs but were on a tight deadline and instead of holding up or all together having to bail on a new feature they put it on a patch list. They already had a patch for the release date!!! I am sure a patch 1.2 is being worked on as we speak and will get here in another 2-3 weeks.

It is a reality that I have now become accustomed to.

Does it really surprise anybody?

Holy smokes I remember the days of no patches. You got the game and you learned to play through it. Some of the greatest sports games of last gen are loaded with bugs....yeah that is right. But we looked past it and played around them, developed sliders and house rules.

At least today we get patches and tuners to mitigate the pain and have as close to a bug free sports game than we ever had before.

Thank god for small miracles.

Ok rant over....back to playing my dynasty!!!

# 27 sarlndr @ 07/27/11 07:40 PM
^^ OA x 1,000

# 28 shawnhobs @ 07/28/11 01:29 AM
"More than 50,000 Online Dynasties have been created, consisting of more than 100,000 user-controlled teams."

I think this number is inflated. I know I've created at least 20 team builder dynasties trying to get one to work without causing the other members of the leagues xbox to freeze. I'm sure they are counting my attempts as I'm sure they are counting the thousands of other attempts from other people doing the same thing.

"Fans have created more than one million custom teams using the TeamBuilder website, the online create-a-school feature."

I can't play in a dynasty with my team builder team because of the freezing issues. I wish I could.

# 29 DJ @ 07/28/11 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
This is what I shake my head at. When people freak out it took 5/6 years.

Well what do you expect? Go back and play NCAA 2000....then play NCAA 2006.

Tell me what is the difference? Yeah...it is huge. NCAA 2000 is crap compared to 2006 and beyond on PS2/XBOX. It takes time for the games to fully embrace the technology. It is why I waited to go next gen till 2009. It was this lesson I learned on PS2 that saved me a boat load of $$$$ on playing sports games. I stuck with those 2005 0r 2006 versions for 3 plus years.

NCAA 12 is light years ahead of NCAA 2007 (PS3). I am sure of it. I never played NCAA on next gen till 2011.

The game is great. Despite the bugs (which I am confident will be ironed out via patch) And know that it will never be perfect. But I don't live in the past. As much as I loved NCAA 2006 on PS2....it is not near NCAA 12...not even close!

It goes with other sports games as well.

In this day and age the patch is a huge crutch for game developers. They can test and test and I think we all know they probably knew about the bugs but were on a tight deadline and instead of holding up or all together having to bail on a new feature they put it on a patch list. They already had a patch for the release date!!! I am sure a patch 1.2 is being worked on as we speak and will get here in another 2-3 weeks.

It is a reality that I have now become accustomed to.

Does it really surprise anybody?

Holy smokes I remember the days of no patches. You got the game and you learned to play through it. Some of the greatest sports games of last gen are loaded with bugs....yeah that is right. But we looked past it and played around them, developed sliders and house rules.

At least today we get patches and tuners to mitigate the pain and have as close to a bug free sports game than we ever had before.

Thank god for small miracles.

Ok rant over....back to playing my dynasty!!!
Great post, A&S!

Nostalgia is a heck of a thing, you know. Heck, I always tell people how great cartoons from the 1980's were like G.I. Joe and Voltron. Well, I saw that Netflix had a bunch of Voltron shows on instant stream, and decided to watch one. Yeah, it DID NOT hold up over time.

Now, as a 5-year-old kid, this show was AWESOME. As a 32-year-old adult, I can't watch more than 2 minutes of it. That doesn't mean those fond memories don't exist, it's just that I have to remember the show was great for me at a certain point in my life.

The same applies to videogames. Bill Walsh College Football was GREAT when I was in Jr. High School. Could I play that game today? No way. Too much has changed.

Now, I do think EA could do a better job of getting the game "store ready" by increasing its testing process and cutting down on those "opening day" bugs that we get in today's market. The patches do help, but sometimes it takes so long that by the time the game is fixed, people have moved on to something else. It'd be nice to get the game closer to the Post-Patch #2 status when it ships, but who knows if that will ever happen?

# 30 DPM19 @ 07/28/11 12:33 PM
700,000 people just had 60 dollars stolen right out from underneath them. I see this resulting in one of two things. A: EA will continue to make large improvements after seeing an increase in sales or...B: we will be picking up NCAA 12 with a NCAA 13 cover next year. I am leaning toward B

# 31 TDenverFan @ 07/28/11 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPM19
700,000 people just had 60 dollars stolen right out from underneath them. I see this resulting in one of two things. A: EA will continue to make large improvements after seeing an increase in sales or...B: we will be picking up NCAA 12 with a NCAA 13 cover next year. I am leaning toward B
I'm pretty sure handing $60 over to the Game Stop employee is not having it stolen...

# 32 ODogg @ 07/28/11 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPM19
Really? Speak for yourself my friend. Because i have played NCAA 12 for over 60 hours, which makes it a better value than just about any other form of entertainment such as tv, movies, etc.

And if NCAA 11 to NCAA 12 is any indicator of the improvements EA can make in a single year you can expect me to be first in the "Early game Hunt" thread next July!!

# 33 Bigsheen @ 07/29/11 12:39 AM
this is cool, but i feel like they wont wanna change anything since it "the big one"

# 34 ODogg @ 07/29/11 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Except in 2023 EA most likely will have competition and we will have other licensed games to choose from.
We can hope but it seems exclusivity is growing not diminishing...

# 35 ODogg @ 07/29/11 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Except in 2023 EA most likely will have competition and we will have other licensed games to choose from.
Oh and in my example if you look back at 2003-2004 or that general time frame EA did have competition but the other college game by 2k was awful.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.