Home
Madden 12 News Post

Jon Robinson of ESPN The Gamer takes us through the team overall ratings for the NFC South in Madden NFL 12.

Atlanta Falcons: 87
Roddy White (96 overall, 92 speed) and Julio Jones (78 overall, 94 speed) provide Matt Ryan with plenty of firepower from the outside, while Michael Turner (93 overall) and Jerious Norwood (95) are just the type of one-two punch from the backfield "Madden" gamers live for.

New Orleans Saints: 85
Drew Brees has three receivers with over 90 speed to throw to, and a rookie runner in Mark Ingram who struts onto the field with 95 toughness and 87 trucking. Talk about a team that can drive a defense crazy.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 84
When I got the ratings, one of the first things I looked up was LeGarrette Blount's jump rating (84), but it's his 98 trucking ability that will make him a "Madden" favorite up the middle.

Carolina Panthers: 72
Cam Newton is going to be a handful for virtual defenses. Check these numbers: 83 speed, 94 acceleration, 97 throwing power, 81 throwing accuracy. Should make Steve Smith a happy man.

Game: Madden NFL 12Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 44 - View All
Madden NFL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JayD @ 07/31/11 09:49 PM
Minus the Panthers any team has a chance winning the NFC South. I just hope my Falcons can pull it out for another year.

# 22 lilam3ll @ 07/31/11 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpursnSaintsFTW
Oh really? How soo? The Saints have only added talent to their roster with the exception of losing a couple of non key guys. They have had a better record than the bucs the past few years and have accomplished more than them. What have the bucs done besides have one good season recently with the majority of their wins coming from below 500 teams.
Saints had almost the exact same schedule as the Bucs last year

# 23 tyson33 @ 07/31/11 11:30 PM
So maybe the rating dude got switched with the deep accuracy and arm str of Ryan Mallet with Cam Newton..

# 24 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/31/11 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpursnSaintsFTW
Oh really? How soo? The Saints have only added talent to their roster with the exception of losing a couple of non key guys. They have had a better record than the bucs the past few years and have accomplished more than them. What have the bucs done besides have one good season recently with the majority of their wins coming from below 500 teams.
I do NOT think the Bucs should have a higher rating, but personally, I think the Bucs are more than capable of beating the Saints. I think we've beaten the Saints the past two seasons actually now that I think about it. And what have the Saints done? Besides one Super Bowl season, they've been one of the biggest laughing stocks in NFL history, along with the Bucs, so I really see no point in your argument.

The Saints haven't really improved this off-season either, whereas I think the Bucs have improved just based on the fact that they're an incredibly young team getting another off-season under their belts.

# 25 QJB1022 @ 08/01/11 10:39 AM
nice stuff..tough division

# 26 Roncatto @ 08/01/11 01:04 PM
All good these ratings now, however, take the Falcons

Edwards joins - Defense goes up.

Dahl leaves - OL goes down.

Norwood is ****, he is leaving, hence we drafted Rodgers who i'm telling you will be brilliant as our 3rd down, option back.

# 27 mwjr @ 08/01/11 04:01 PM
As a Falcons fan, even I have to say Norwood a 95?!

That's ludicrous.

Besides that, he's not even on the team anymore.

# 28 Senator Palmer @ 08/01/11 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
As a Falcons fan, even I have to say Norwood a 95?!

That's ludicrous.

Besides that, he's not even on the team anymore.
Whoa... I just noticed that. That's gotta be some error. It's gotta be 95 speed. I like Norwood a lot, but he has done nothing in his career to warrant 90 rating, let alone a 95. With all the injuries I'd be hard pressed to put him in the 80s... not even mentioning the fact that he's been released.

# 29 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/01/11 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Whoa... I just noticed that. That's gotta be some error. It's gotta be 95 speed. I like Norwood a lot, but he has done nothing in his career to warrant 90 rating, let alone a 95. With all the injuries I'd be hard pressed to put him in the 80s... not even mentioning the fact that he's been released.
Definitely speed

# 30 tical2399 @ 08/02/11 08:37 AM
I don't know why people are surprised at the Newton ratings like they are shocked. Newton was the top pick so Donny HAD to give him ratings as the top rookie QB (possibly to keep the suits happy).

Well how does he get that top rookie QB rating? Well he's a runner but people know he's no Vick so their not gonna give im mid 90's speed, he's no Tebow, so he's not going to get off the charts trucking. He's no multi year starter from a pro style offense like Ponder so he's not going to get great awareness.

So what can they boost unrealistically to make sure he's still the top rookie QB? all that is left is his accuracy ratings. If they put them at levels he actually deserves he would probably be like the 5-6 best rookie QB, and that not exciting for game buyers/ suits who want to tout the 1st overall pick being a big play guy.

This is not new Madden always has jacked up rating for high profile rookies and guys who had big seasons, and usually the ratings boost doesn't match up up with the way the guy had the big season. a guy might have 1150 yards on 95 catches for example for a 12 year or so average.

The next year on madden his speed will go from 85 to like 90+. Its like the guys at EA think "had a good season must be fast" seems then never look at HOW that season happened. Maybe the guy made a living sitting down in zones and catching a short passes and stiff arming his way for a few more yards. Nope EA sees 1000 yards and the guy must be a deep threat.

# 31 tatmanfish @ 08/02/11 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2399
I don't know why people are surprised at the Newton ratings like they are shocked. Newton was the top pick so Donny HAD to give him ratings as the top rookie QB (possibly to keep the suits happy).

Well how does he get that top rookie QB rating? Well he's a runner but people know he's no Vick so their not gonna give im mid 90's speed, he's no Tebow, so he's not going to get off the charts trucking. He's no multi year starter from a pro style offense like Ponder so he's not going to get great awareness.

So what can they boost unrealistically to make sure he's still the top rookie QB? all that is left is his accuracy ratings. If they put them at levels he actually deserves he would probably be like the 5-6 best rookie QB, and that not exciting for game buyers/ suits who want to tout the 1st overall pick being a big play guy.

This is not new Madden always has jacked up rating for high profile rookies and guys who had big seasons, and usually the ratings boost doesn't match up up with the way the guy had the big season. a guy might have 1150 yards on 95 catches for example for a 12 year or so average.

The next year on madden his speed will go from 85 to like 90+. Its like the guys at EA think "had a good season must be fast" seems then never look at HOW that season happened. Maybe the guy made a living sitting down in zones and catching a short passes and stiff arming his way for a few more yards. Nope EA sees 1000 yards and the guy must be a deep threat.

Freeman and Sanchez werent rated like that in the accuracy department. There are also plenty of ways to have his rating high. Newton has a 97THP, 80 something SPD, 87RUN, and there are other area that effect OVR that he excells in like AGI, ACC, etc. With his current ratings, the only way they kept his OVR reasonable is by an extremely low AWR.

Newton has the athletic set to get him rated high, no need to blatantly fudge the accuracy ratings of the entire NFL. Cam is top 5 in DAC, and right up there with SAC. There is no reasoning or excuse that will change an educated fans opinion, just EA homerism.

Guys like Vick and Freeman were tops in the NFL in the long ball department last year and both are under 80DAC.

There is no way to justify a discrepency like that....no, not even draft position.

# 32 brettmickey @ 08/02/11 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
Freeman and Sanchez werent rated like that in the accuracy department. There are also plenty of ways to have his rating high. Newton has a 97THP, 80 something SPD, 87RUN, and there are other area that effect OVR that he excells in like AGI, ACC, etc. With his current ratings, the only way they kept his OVR reasonable is by an extremely low AWR.

Newton has the athletic set to get him rated high, no need to blatantly fudge the accuracy ratings of the entire NFL. Cam is top 5 in DAC, and right up there with SAC. There is no reasoning or excuse that will change an educated fans opinion, just EA homerism.

Guys like Vick and Freeman were tops in the NFL in the long ball department last year and both are under 80DAC.

There is no way to justify a discrepency like that....no, not even draft position.
Preaching to the choir

# 33 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 01:03 PM
Well the important thing regarding Newton is that after the first couple of games, his rating will most likely be significantly lower than it is right now.

Or there's the possibility that he'll surprise everyone and actually play as good as his rating, but I highly highly doubt that will happen.

# 34 tatmanfish @ 08/02/11 01:07 PM
It suck for online franchise because you know that rating isnt changing anytime soon and he will be a god in all of them that start an online franchise before mid season.

Hopefully Donny sees the miles of negative feedback and realizes Cam shounldt be a top 5 QB in any throwing category except maybe THP and even then I would disagree. Then he lowers it for the first update.

not going to happen, but I can dream right? Wish we could edit the rosters as commish....that would be sweet.

# 35 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatmanfish
It suck for online franchise because you know that rating isnt changing anytime soon and he will be a god in all of them that start an online franchise before mid season.

Hopefully Donny sees the miles of negative feedback and realizes Cam shounldt be a top 5 QB in any throwing category except maybe THP and even then I would disagree. Then he lowers it for the first update.

not going to happen, but I can dream right? Wish we could edit the rosters as commish....that would be sweet.
Well from the sound of it from the thread about online communities, nobody is going to play online franchise anyway so no worries there lol.

Seriously though, you're right. That's gonna suck for the people that join an online franchise.

# 36 Chrisksaint @ 08/02/11 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I do NOT think the Bucs should have a higher rating, but personally, I think the Bucs are more than capable of beating the Saints. I think we've beaten the Saints the past two seasons actually now that I think about it. And what have the Saints done? Besides one Super Bowl season, they've been one of the biggest laughing stocks in NFL history, along with the Bucs, so I really see no point in your argument.

The Saints haven't really improved this off-season either, whereas I think the Bucs have improved just based on the fact that they're an incredibly young team getting another off-season under their belts.
False. Saints have added Cameron Jordan, Ingram, and Martez Wilson. All 3 should be Contributors. Include FA they added Shaun Rogers, Sproles will be more productive then Bush due to actually not being hurt, along with some other minor things. Look at for Casillas at OLB this year if he actually plays and doesn't get hurt in camp

Personally I believe the Bucs won't be as successful as these kind of teams tend to surprise people then regress for a year or 2.

Yeah you guys may have our # but 2-2 against us with ur 2 wins being close games and us blowing you outthe other 2. Were also 3-1 against Atlanta with them being close games and one chip shot away from 4-0, so I'm not putting too much stock into the past when it comes to madden ratings regarding head to head

# 37 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
False. Saints have added Cameron Jordan, Ingram, and Martez Wilson. All 3 should be Contributors. Include FA they added Shaun Rogers, Sproles will be more productive then Bush due to actually not being hurt, along with some other minor things. Look at for Casillas at OLB this year if he actually plays and doesn't get hurt in camp

Personally I believe the Bucs won't be as successful as these kind of teams tend to surprise people then regress for a year or 2.

Yeah you guys may have our # but 2-2 against us with ur 2 wins being close games and us blowing you outthe other 2. Were also 3-1 against Atlanta with them being close games and one chip shot away from 4-0, so I'm not putting too much stock into the past when it comes to madden ratings regarding head to head

Oh and yeah sure you guys are 2-2 against us
For what it's worth, I actually think the Saints are going to run away with the division this year lol, so I don't want you to feel like I'm saying the Saints aren't great or anything, but I do think the Bucs have gained some ground on New Orleans this year; I just don't think it will show in the records.

# 38 Chrisksaint @ 08/02/11 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
For what it's worth, I actually think the Saints are going to run away with the division this year lol, so I don't want you to feel like I'm saying the Saints aren't great or anything, but I do think the Bucs have gained some ground on New Orleans this year; I just don't think it will show in the records.
Oh I know what you're saying I don't feel either Atlanta or Tampa will be as good as they were record wise last season, but at the same time they improved (Tampa more then Atlanta) as I feel Atlanta kinda was more lucky then good last year.

Tampa will be great in a few years if everything goes to their plan

# 39 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/02/11 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Oh I know what you're saying I don't feel either Atlanta or Tampa will be as good as they were record wise last season, but at the same time they improved (Tampa more then Atlanta) as I feel Atlanta kinda was more lucky then good last year.

Tampa will be great in a few years if everything goes to their plan
Yeah I hope so lol. It's depressing living in a Bills family and having to watch them every week. It would be so much better if Tampa can get back to being a legitimate playoff team. We need to find a #2 running back though, and I don't really think Armando Allen or the dude from USC are it. I don't even care if it's a guy like Ahmad Bradshaw or another guy like Blount, we just need somebody to take some of the hits for Blount. Can we borrow one of the Saints running backs? lol

# 40 PanthersFanboy @ 08/02/11 05:11 PM
They look good to me.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.