Home
NHL 12 News Post

Kuklaskorner has posted some details on what could possibly be announced as a legendary team, in NHL 12. What exactly this means, is anyone's guess. Let's hope it's not the "big" announcement EA Sports has been hinting at.

Quote:
Excerpt from deleted post on HFboards.com as taken from EA’s NHL 12 Forum post:

Legendary team includes:
Yzerman, Gretzky, Sedins, Malkin, St. Louis, Chara, Lemuiex, Chelios, Keith, Seabrook, Howe, Roy, Luongo, Bourque, Crosby, Richards (Don’t know if it Brad or Mike)... can’t remember the rest. But there’s only one Legendary team.

Game: NHL 12Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 26 - View All
NHL 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bukktown @ 07/30/11 10:01 PM
lol at 'Brad or Mike Richards'. Maurice more likely.

And I would bet money that this isn't the big news.

# 2 Money99 @ 07/30/11 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
lol at 'Brad or Mike Richards'. Maurice more likely.

And I would bet money that this isn't the big news.
I hope not.

# 3 tyler289 @ 07/30/11 10:10 PM
That "Legends" team has a handful of actual legends and then a couple good NHLers like Keith, Seabrook and St. Louis who don't deserve to be called "legends."

But hey, whatever.

You know what would be cool? If they made the 1980 team USA hockey team available in the game. I'm sure there's some licensing issue, but it'd be cool if they had all the jerseys and everything.

# 4 Fiddy @ 07/30/11 10:27 PM
Verbal LOL if this is the HUGE news!! Wow!!

# 5 Vikes1 @ 07/30/11 10:36 PM
Like others, I too highly doubt this is the "Big announcement".

I could see having several legendary teams being worthy of being a pretty big addition. But one team of legends?....That'd sure throw a bucket of cold water on this big announcement thing.

# 6 Vikes1 @ 07/30/11 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
The big announcement has been hyped up so much, that if this is it, MAJOR LETDOWN!
I'm starting to think Jatt, that this announcement thing has been hanging in midair for so long...that almost anything maybe a letdown. Unless, it truly is something HUGE!!!

# 7 Bolts_26 @ 07/30/11 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I'm starting to think Jatt, that this announcement thing has been hanging in midair for so long...that almost anything maybe a letdown. Unless, it truly is something HUGE!!!
Agreed. Hoping the announcement is something really amazing, but we will see. It's getting a bit over-hyped.

# 8 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 07/31/11 02:19 AM
I was told that this is in but it's not the big announcement. The same thing goes for online communities.

# 9 savoie2006 @ 07/31/11 04:51 AM
The big annoucement is, the demo is a gonna be a beta of the full game that we will be able to try out for free for a month until release to discover bugs and glitches and such. This way the team can better prepare for release with a patch and or tuner.

# 10 HeroWorship @ 07/31/11 01:10 PM
I like having some legend players in the game. This has been something I've wanted for years now (it was nice to play Madden NFL back in the day and unlock players like Otto Graham, Barry Sanders, etc.)

Hopefully, it's not the big announcement, but hey, it's still pretty frickin' cool.

# 11 FBeaule04 @ 07/31/11 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
The big annoucement is, the demo is a gonna be a beta of the full game that we will be able to try out for free for a month until release to discover bugs and glitches and such. This way the team can better prepare for release with a patch and or tuner.
Now, that would be something. That way, we could take pictures and videos of everything not working and they could take a look at everything not working.

Then, they would put a patch, 2-3 tuner, and call it NHL 13 for most of what isn't working...

# 12 canucksss @ 07/31/11 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBeaule04
Now, that would be something. That way, we could take pictures and videos of everything not working and they could take a look at everything not working.

Then, they would put a patch, 2-3 tuner, and call it NHL 13 for most of what isn't working...
LOL...yea that's a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT that would benefit the EA developers. We as the paying customers will give the job for free in discovering the bugs etc instead of them paying almost-non-existing QC people.

Its a big disappointment for me that upon the release, EA has no clue regarding the glitches and bugs. But hey...the benefit that I can think of if this is the BIG Announcement - at least we can now decide if we're going to buy the '12 or just passon and wait for '13.

# 13 Vikes1 @ 07/31/11 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Great thought, Savoie!

It'd be great to have a real chance to catch some of the possible issues a month in advance.

I know it's a different studio and all...but dang!, all the issues the Ncaa gamers are dealing with is kinda scary. I'm sure hoping EA Canada puts out a game in better release day condition than Tiburon has so far this year.

# 14 Eski33 @ 07/31/11 08:32 PM
I would rather have classic teams. What happened to the NCAA teams that were supposed to be in this year?

# 15 jrtplaya21 @ 07/31/11 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
Just a quick thought, no Mario Lemieux in the legends team? You'd think any person finding out about a legends team would start off with "Gretzky, Lemieux etc..."

Excited to play with the oldies though. Hopefully they put in no CAP limit and I can then recreate the early 1990s.
It says Lemeiux's name at the top of the post....

# 16 bdolan33 @ 08/01/11 12:40 AM
Whats the point in a team full of legends? To play a game against in exhibition once or twice? Give us full classic rosters that are able to be used in season mode.

# 17 24 @ 08/01/11 01:27 AM
Lemieux Gretzky and Howe as my first line and Roy in the net. I'm still hoping for hasik to be in the game

# 18 kai123 @ 08/01/11 01:35 AM
That's a terrible legendary team IMO. Why are there current NHL players on it. God forbid but they can get career ending injuries and they won't become legendary! Also the roster of players is just terrible. I mean only a few players are mentioned but I'm hoping for true legends (Bossy, Messier, Kurri, Bure, Fedorov, Steve Y, Shanahan....sorry these guys are from my era)

# 19 actionhank @ 08/01/11 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
Lemieux Gretzky and Howe as my first line and Roy in the net. I'm still hoping for hasik to be in the game
If i remember right, you can still bring Hasek over from his national team, or some European team. I'm pretty sure i remember bring him over as a free agent in my Be a GM in NHL 11 just to see him get picked up.
Granted he's not his old self.
Unless you were talking about something else, in which case, ignore me.

# 20 HawkeyMediaPlus @ 08/01/11 03:19 AM
I bet there will be legends in Hockey Ultimate Team. Now THAT would be cool.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.