Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

EA Sports has just posted the NCAA Football 12 title update #2 details. The patch is currently on schedule to release before the end of the month, no exact date, as of yet.

Before getting to the details of the update, I want to take a moment to thank you, the NCAA Football community, for all of your patience and assistance during the past couple of weeks. A great many of you share the same passion for this game as we do, and you did everything possible to help identify issues, and provide the necessary details - not just to help make a game better, but to make your game better. If you are reading this, you are a member of the most dedicated community in gaming, and for that we are truly grateful. Now, on to the details:

Week Advance Anywhere
  • As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.
Custom Playbooks
  • With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.
Tendencies
  • As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.
  • If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.
  • In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.
  • Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.
Freezes/Crashes
  • A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.
Gameplay
  • Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.
  • Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays
  • Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.
  • Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.
  • Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.
Highlights
  • Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
Dynasty
  • Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.
  • Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.
  • Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.
  • Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).
  • Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.
  • Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.
  • Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.
  • When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.
  • Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
RTG
  • Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TracerBullet @ 08/02/11 03:19 PM
I knew someone else would post it so I didn't. Hooray for weight editing (and the obvious fixes)!

Edit: And my Army team will be better at blocking on the option!

# 2 booker21 @ 08/02/11 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
Nice!... this should be on top! why no one is talking about it?

# 3 Reggie16 @ 08/02/11 03:20 PM
sweet fixes for dynasty, we can edit height and weight! wooooo

# 4 patsfan1993 @ 08/02/11 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I knew someone else would post it so I didn't. Hooray for weight editing (and the obvious fixes)!
I was surprised I didn't already see it posted. Usually I am so far behind on these things it isn't even funny

# 5 BA2929 @ 08/02/11 03:21 PM
Too bad it's coming out at the end of the month. I'll be 3-4 seasons into my dynasty by then. Hopefully it's out before that final weekend of the month. That's when the season actually starts.

# 6 BaylorBearBryant @ 08/02/11 03:21 PM
Thank the Lord. It's about time. This patch can't get released fast enough.

# 7 BA2929 @ 08/02/11 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
I was surprised I didn't already see it posted. Usually I am so far behind on these things it isn't even funny
They just posted it on twitter and I came over here and you already had it up. Impressive speed, sir. Impressive.

# 8 Equinox831 @ 08/02/11 03:24 PM
I was going to start a thread as soon as I saw it pop up on my TweetDeck.. I'm really excited for this, the tendency fix is HUGE and the gameplay additions are really nice. I'm pumped to see that they adjusted QB acceleration on option plays because I kept getting stuffed because my QB would always run really slow off the line.

# 9 patsfan1993 @ 08/02/11 03:24 PM
Nice added bonus giving the week advance anywhere for free to everybody

# 10 booker21 @ 08/02/11 03:27 PM
I can´t believe they are not doing anything to fix the Zone Cover 2. Safety plays awful on those. Deep pass will still be money!

# 11 dagooch5150 @ 08/02/11 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Wow, no fixes for the deep route issues. This is my number one issue with this game.
what deep route issue?

# 12 Super Glock @ 08/02/11 03:29 PM
Guys seriously stop complaining!!! It's getting ridiculous. Anyways good news about the patch, looking forward to it.

# 13 booker21 @ 08/02/11 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Wow, no fixes for the deep route issues. This is my number one issue with this game.
You beat me.. yeah i can´t believe they are not doing anything. Specially with Cover 2 Zone which is the worst since the S just come to the LOS

# 14 dagooch5150 @ 08/02/11 03:30 PM
Cover 2 zones play very well in this game.

# 15 ezio @ 08/02/11 03:30 PM
I had held off my dynasty so maybe I will start one now with names and not advance past season 1 so that I can get the fix in my current dynasty.

# 16 Gotmadskillzson @ 08/02/11 03:33 PM
They didn't address the lack of punt blocks and FG blocks either. ROBO kicking needs to come to an end. I am tired of playing game after game and not have one punt blocked or FG blocked.

My punts and FGs NEVER get blocked. Special teams kicking way too automatic in this series. No blocks, no bad holds, no anything.

Everything is always perfect and automatic.

# 17 tommygunn @ 08/02/11 03:34 PM
No super linebacker tune down???? Or Psychic DB's???? Touch passes??? It's pretty apparent from the patch polls posted on this board that these are major issues. A very unimpressive list - could care less about 90% of it. Time for ebay.

# 18 BallinVol @ 08/02/11 03:38 PM
So much for 4 verts and other deep routes getting toned down. If this was fixed along with the heisman kickers being superman, then I would be happy. Either way some nice fixes to the game. One can only hope they fix the other things through tuners.

# 19 BA2929 @ 08/02/11 03:39 PM
My lord guys. They can't fix EVERY SINGLE THING that you guys see is wrong with the game. This is a pretty big patch, yet people are STILL complaining that this or that didn't get fixed. They've obviously listened to the community and fixed quite a bit of things that are a "game-breaker" to lots of people.

# 20 UMhester04 @ 08/02/11 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They didn't address the lack of punt blocks and FG blocks either. ROBO kicking needs to come to an end. I am tired of playing game after game and not have one punt blocked or FG blocked.

My punts and FGs NEVER get blocked. Special teams kicking way too automatic in this series. No blocks, no bad holds, no anything.

Everything is always perfect and automatic.

While I agree with this and the post's above yours, I am holding out hope that these things will be fixed in the third title update. I feel like they just couldn't fit all of it in

« Previous1234567895455Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.