Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

EA Sports has just posted the NCAA Football 12 title update #2 details. The patch is currently on schedule to release before the end of the month, no exact date, as of yet.

Before getting to the details of the update, I want to take a moment to thank you, the NCAA Football community, for all of your patience and assistance during the past couple of weeks. A great many of you share the same passion for this game as we do, and you did everything possible to help identify issues, and provide the necessary details - not just to help make a game better, but to make your game better. If you are reading this, you are a member of the most dedicated community in gaming, and for that we are truly grateful. Now, on to the details:

Week Advance Anywhere
  • As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.
Custom Playbooks
  • With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.
Tendencies
  • As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.
  • If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.
  • In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.
  • Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.
Freezes/Crashes
  • A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.
Gameplay
  • Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.
  • Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays
  • Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.
  • Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.
  • Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.
  • Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.
Highlights
  • Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
Dynasty
  • Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.
  • Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.
  • Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.
  • Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).
  • Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.
  • Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.
  • Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.
  • When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.
  • Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
RTG
  • Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.
  • Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 RogueHominid @ 08/02/11 04:43 PM
Great list of fixes! I wonder how the roster glitch fix will actually work, though. Like if you downloaded FKs roster and use it in a dynasty, how will the patch know to re-assign "pocket passer" to Luck, and so forth? Maybe I'm misunderstanding that one.

# 62 blkrptnt819 @ 08/02/11 04:43 PM
I wonder will the order of the formations in the playbooks get looked at?

# 63 JayD @ 08/02/11 04:43 PM
probably going to be released just in time to trade it in for Madden.

# 64 Bumble14 @ 08/02/11 04:44 PM
To everyone talking about the 4 verts and safety issues not being addresses---this is what the Tuner Packs were designed for.

Expect a the first tuner around the same time as the patch.

# 65 blkrptnt819 @ 08/02/11 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
While the fixes listed are good, it's really really aggravating that deep balls are most likely going to remain an almost guarantee play. This is just too big of an issue to miss. What happens when the game is on the line with 3 seconds left and you have to hurl a hail mary to try and tie or win the game? I guess you get to succeed 90% of the time, instead of the most likely 3% chance you have in real life. Kind of sad. I just don't understand how things like this can be seen by playing 3 games and are missed during testing. It just blows my mind. I mean this is such an obvious issue. It's not like the player tendencies where you have to actually dig deep into the game to see the issue. This is a gameplay issue that is so easy to see by just playing a couple games.

I will say that it sounds like the defense is going to react better to the QB user runs on called passing plays. I know when I use Denard Robinson (or for that matter any QB) I can get 10 yards running on a called passing play almost every time because the CPU defense just doesn't react at all to the QB running the football.

The worst of it all is that normally games only have 2 patches. I've heard that a 3rd patch costs a butt load of money so games very rarely put out a 3rd patch. I very highly doubt any of the other issues get fixed because of this.
This can be fixed by a tuner pack.

# 66 roadman @ 08/02/11 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
To everyone talking about the 4 verts and safety issues not being addresses---this is what the Tuner Packs were designed for.

That's what I thought, thanks.

# 67 J-Unit40 @ 08/02/11 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14

This is what I was thinking/hoping for. Tuners are usually gameplay tweaks with NCAA and patches are anything else that can't be pushed through a tuner update.

# 68 WazzuRC @ 08/02/11 04:49 PM
Overall, pretty happy with the list. A few issues were left out (deep passes, weather not affecting jerseys, crowd noise). I've learned to just enjoy the great things about the game and not let the issues plague it. Now that I know that the community rosters are still good, I'll be starting my Coug dynasty tonight.

# 69 northface28 @ 08/02/11 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
The only problem I have is that the game released with these many issues. Love the game but this is just unacceptable.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Didnt you get the game early? I dont recall you having much negative feedback at all, if any, if I recall correctly.

# 70 ODogg @ 08/02/11 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
this list is fine and dandy, but still no graphical fixes or audio fixes? Wow...come on guys how did you leave that stuff out? Especially with Custom Stadium sounds not working correctly.
They should fix the custom stadium sounds but as for the audio, I think that's a bit much for a patch, that needs redone from the ground up for NCAA 13.

# 71 ODogg @ 08/02/11 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Didnt you get the game early? I dont recall you having much negative feedback at all, if any, if I recall correctly.
A lot of these issues weren't apparent until you had played the game extensively though

# 72 Playmakers @ 08/02/11 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
They didn't address the lack of punt blocks and FG blocks either. ROBO kicking needs to come to an end. I am tired of playing game after game and not have one punt blocked or FG blocked.

My punts and FGs NEVER get blocked. Special teams kicking way too automatic in this series. No blocks, no bad holds, no anything.

Everything is always perfect and automatic.
well atleast you can tell they been reading the boards because when they mentioned WR blocking on the option plays that was a hint all those videos showed them how WR's need to be more effective at run blocking on the outside

Still doesn't help the OL on the option but hey atleast they fixed WR's

# 73 TheWorldIsYours @ 08/02/11 04:59 PM
What about Offensive Line Pancake Blocks not being recorded?

# 74 khaliib @ 08/02/11 05:00 PM
Well I can resume my roster editing.

This should take a good 2-3 weeks to get every team done + coaches.

I hate I have to lower SPD/ACC across the board just to make Explosive players possible.

Oh, well.
It is what it is!
It's EA, what did we really expect?

Note:
Could folks stop aggreeing that they've listened to the community because the game is at a level that you've excepted.

If they've really listened to the community, that list would've been much larger.
Geez, the community has come up with fixes to some of the Gameplay issues that are not even noted in the Update.

I have yet to see such a comment come from someone that actually spends hours/days tweaking player ratings and/or sliders to help improve the games gameplay.

Not even half the Gameplay issues have been addressed and probably will not.

I guess I would'nt mind the current issues myself if my effort just meant downloading someone else's hard work!

# 75 roadman @ 08/02/11 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

I hate I have to lower SPD/ACC across the board just to make Explosive players possible.

Oh, well.
It is what it is!
It's EA, what did we really expect?

Note:
Could folks stop aggreeing that they've listened to the community because the game is at a level that you've excepted.

If they've really listened to the community, that list would've been much larger.
Geez, the community has come up with fixes to some of the Gameplay issues that are not even noted in the Update.

I have yet to see such a comment come from someone that actually spends hours/days tweaking player ratings and/or sliders to help improve the games gameplay.

Not even half the Gameplay issues have been addressed and probably will not.

I guess I would'nt mind the current issues myself if my effort just meant downloading someone else's hard work!
I don't know if you are referring to long passes, leaping LB's and CB's, but Bumble just said that a tuner will come out about the time of the patch to address those issues.

# 76 crabcola @ 08/02/11 05:02 PM
Overall, I'm happy with this. THe developers definitely listed to us and fixed some of the major issues. My game would be perfect if they could fix zone coverage and jumping linebackers a bit, and perhaps the psychic db. But I'm going to have faith in the tuners fixing those issues. The game definitely just took a step up the ladder, though, with this news. Thumps up so far.

# 77 Rufus @ 08/02/11 05:03 PM
Sounds good on the fixes, but I'm with Odogg, I want to know about dirty uniforms and field degradation and also the low audio.

# 78 ODogg @ 08/02/11 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

I hate I have to lower SPD/ACC across the board just to make Explosive players possible.:
you are spending a lot of time for nothing, you just need to adjus the threshold slider down to see more of a difference in explosive players versus lesser explosive players..

# 79 Playmakers @ 08/02/11 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
The only problem I have is that the game released with these many issues. Love the game but this is just unacceptable.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Typical EA Flight,

They release these games with so many flaws or bugs and yet we still stay loyal to their product and spend our $60 bucks knowing something is broke

I think we all lack discipline to be honest......makes me wonder what EA would actually do if more people started waiting 1-2 months after release of their products to purchase

I have a feeling they will hire better game testers if they were the case but right now we are their game testers so they can release sports games every year with many bugs or things that don't work right now and just say will patch it after you purchase the product

# 80 Galarius @ 08/02/11 05:04 PM
WHAT!!?..No update to allow RTG to have longer than 5 minute qurters??RUBBISH!...Before anyone says that they have to be the same in order top count towards your school's nationwide points, I only use REAL players, which don't count towards that. anyways..so they should have longer quarters as an option

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.